Pregnancy Sucks

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:18 pm
I am just miserable today.

It really chaps my ass that not only do we have to do the whole labor thing but we also have to suffer through 9 months of hell to get there.
Mad

I can't sleep. My back hurts. I pee more often than I blink. My mucles are sore. I have a cold now and I can't take anything for it. I get heartburn at the drop of a hat.

I am tired. I am sore. I am cranky.

And it's nothing 4 more months won't cure. Rolling Eyes

I dispise those "I LOVED being pregnant" women. It's just not fair that some of us get it so easy and the rest of us get to be miserable.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,919 • Replies: 68
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
bella,

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but my seven year old daughter told me that when she gets married she wants her husband to have the baby.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:00 pm
Oooooh I just loved being pregnant! I wish I was pregnant right now!

Just having fun.

My eight year old daughter is not planning on having children - doesn't like the whole idea of being pregnant or taking care of children - I guess she realizes what a little monster she is and is much brighter than her old momma.

Maybe we should have kept those smarts from those young ages.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:36 pm
Just wait 'til you're Really sick of being pregnant, Bella. And you know what's weird? You'll probably want to do it all over again in a few years. There just no explanation for some things.

In the mean time, baby yourself as best you can. You're entitled!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:56 pm
Remember the King James Version:

"Until the days were accomplished...."

Pregnancy is not passive.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:11 am
Re: Pregnancy Sucks
[quote="Bella Dea"]I am just miserable today.

It really chaps my ass that not only do we have to do the whole labor thing but we also have to suffer through 9 months of hell to get there.
Mad

I can't sleep. My back hurts. I pee more often than I blink. My mucles are sore. I have a cold now and I can't take anything for it. I get heartburn at the drop of a hat.

I am tired. I am sore. I am cranky.

And it's nothing 4 more months won't cure. Rolling Eyes

I dispise those "I LOVED being pregnant" women. It's just not fair that some of us get it so easy and the rest of us get to be miserable.[/quote]

I did not LOVE being pregnant, but there wasn'T much wrong with it either.
Not sure it's the attitude you have towards it, but I never had any problems during pregnancy, I just went on with my life.

The only difference, I temporarily gave up diving after I found out.
Other than that I ignored everybody trying to give me good advice!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:37 am
The one positive thing that comes to my mind - you get to feel the baby move. Hubby will never experience that feeling. Even though sometimes it is annoying a bit when you get an elbow in the ribs, it is an experience I would never have wanted not to have felt.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:04 am
[quote="Linkat"]The one positive thing that comes to my mind - you get to feel the baby move. Hubby will never experience that feeling. Even though sometimes it is annoying a bit when you get an elbow in the ribs, it is an experience I would never have wanted not to have felt.[/quote]

Hm, not a particularly great feeling in my memory...
A bit like bowel movements...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:13 am
Ive never been pregnant, I wouldnt mind but I dont want to have to do the giving birth bit at the end.

I dont know if Id be ok with a person growing/living in me.Yes I can see it being an amazing experience but again, very freaky!!
I can remember the mother of a friends baby, looking at her tummy when pregnant and seeing a row of bumps moving.....it was the babies spine!!!!Amazing but !!!!!

Good luck Bella, hope things improve for you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:21 am
Well, I'm one who loved being pregnant, until the last two months, when I felt much as you do now. Even then, I still loved it, however, and missed the movements and hiccups of the baby when it was born. I felt it as a big loss, even though I had a real, live baby.

Supposedly peppermint milk takes care of heartburn, but it never worked for me. That continual heartburn is a killer. And one of the worst parts for me was not being able to sleep on my stomach, even though I never do! Just not being able to pissed me off.

My sister's daughter just had her little girl last night - 5 hours of labour. I hope it goes as easily for you.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
I'm with you, Bella. I hated it. I would have had more kids if someone else would have carried and birthed them. Hang in there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:32 am
First trimester = ugh.

Second trimester = yay!

Third trimester = yay then ugh.

Birth itself = oy gevalt.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:06 am
For the last five months, I was aware that I was Never Alone.

Then for the next three-four-five years, I was Rarely Alone.

I'm really not a Total Togetherness Person.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:18 am
Aww Bella, I feel for you. Really.
Been there twice.
First time I was 10 days overdue, driving a sports car (tight fit!) and still doing the grocery shopping. People would ask me "when are you due??" and when I would respond "last week." they would always take a few steps back like they thought I was gonna blow any minute!

Try not to make any major decisions during this time either, such as picking out the options on a new home (which I did, and should have done so many things differently.) Remember, you're only operating on 3 cylinders.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:51 am
I loved being pregnant.

Of the two, one was born at 29 weeks and the other at 32 weeks.

29 and 32 weeks of morning sickness that lasted 24 hours a day.

29 and 32 weeks of eating what THEY wanted... boston baked beans, pepperoni pizza with jalepeno's for one and canteloup / Subway salads for the other.

29 and 32 weeks of peeing my pants everytime I laughed.

29 and 32 weeks of carrying 20 pounds of fluid in my ankles.

29 and 32 weeks of swollen sore breasts.

4 days of labor with one and 24 hours with the other following 8 weeks of bedrest.

Worth every minute of it today. Laughing
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:54 am
Gee squinney, to paraphrase Roseanne Roseannadanna "you sound like you were a real attractive woman!" LOL! Smile
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:03 am
[quote="squinney"]I loved being pregnant.

Of the two, one was born at 29 weeks and the other at 32 weeks.

29 and 32 weeks of morning sickness that lasted 24 hours a day.

29 and 32 weeks of eating what THEY wanted... boston baked beans, pepperoni pizza with jalepeno's for one and canteloup / Subway salads for the other.

29 and 32 weeks of peeing my pants everytime I laughed.

29 and 32 weeks of carrying 20 pounds of fluid in my ankles.

29 and 32 weeks of swollen sore breasts.

4 days of labor with one and 24 hours with the other following 8 weeks of bedrest.

Worth every minute of it today. Laughing[/quote]

O my god!!!
I'm only planning on having one anyway, but if I'd had a pregnancy like that, I would have run straight to the doctor, forcing him to make sure, it would stay the only one!!!
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:39 am
Although I would do it again for the two great kids I have, pregnancy was no picnic. Five months of morning sickness followed by four more of heartburn sucked. It was cool feeling them move though.

Hang in there, the bad memories fade when you finally get to see and hold the baby. Very Happy

We could solve the world's population problems if men had to do this.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:42 am
Stormwatch wrote:

We could solve the world's population problems if men had to do this.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dont even think it ladies.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:09 am
happycat wrote:
Gee squinney, to paraphrase Roseanne Roseannadanna "you sound like you were a real attractive woman!" LOL! Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ya know that glow that people claim pregnant ladies have? I think I was radioactive.

But, as others have said, no matter how miserable, it's all worth it and soon forgotten.
0 Replies