Pregnancy Sucks

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:10 am
Stormwatch wrote:
Hang in there, the bad memories fade when you finally get to see and hold the baby. Very Happy

Yeah and then when the start talking you think it is cute and stuff - and then the pain really gets bad - they start whining and talking back.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:20 am
Having kids is wonderful.

Not having to go through pregnancy... priceless.

T was really miserable the third trimester, and felt the same way about the "pregnancy is a joy" women.

One of our friends is part of a lesbian couple; T's jealous that this woman gets to offload half the child-bearing responsibility.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:22 am
Vent away, btw.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:53 am
Re: Pregnancy Sucks
Bohne wrote:

I did not LOVE being pregnant, but there wasn'T much wrong with it either.
Not sure it's the attitude you have towards it, but I never had any problems during pregnancy, I just went on with my life.

Must have been nice to not have had pulled muscles in your stomach, aching back 24/7, the inability to sleep, heartburn and a general feeling of not being yourself. It's very hard to just go on with your life when you feel like crap.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:55 am
squinney wrote:

Worth every minute of it today. Laughing

I am sure it will be but I can still complain now, can't I? :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:00 am
Bella Dea wrote:
squinney wrote:

Worth every minute of it today. Laughing

I am sure it will be but I can still complain now, can't I? :wink:

Most definately and it also worth years and years of guilt for your children.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:06 am
I never got that 2nd trimester break. I am almost in my thrid and the ONLY thing that's improved is that I am not sick all the time. I am carrying low so the baby has been laying on/punching my bladder since she could. And along with that, having a tipped uterus means peeing is never complete. I pee and 5 inutes later I feel like I have to go again and when I do it's a little drop. I practically have to pout my head on the floor when on the toilet to get it all out in one shot. And I pee when I sneeze. Or laugh. Or cough. Either that or I really really hurt myself because......

...I have the added crappiness of strained/pulled ligaments in my stomach. I have to wear this stupid belt for the remained of my pregnancy any time I am up and about. It could have been worse but having the round ligaments that hold your stomach up not working right sucks.

I did finally find a way to get some sleep. I am sleeping on Mt. Pillow these days, using 4 pillows to support various parts of my body. I still wake up a bunch but it's a much smaller number of times. I have to prop myself up since with the pulled muscles I can't sleep on my side. There I am, sitting up in bed practically. My ass gets sore because I don't move all night but my lower back has been better and getting 3 solid hours of sleep at a time is god-send. So I'll suffer the sore ass.

Aside from being ravenously hungry, ridiculously tired and feeling like a beached whale, I guess I'm good; the baby is doing fine. And that is the most important thing to me.

I am finally getting used to a belly. I was R E A L L Y clumsy for a while there when it first popped out but now I am getting better at manuvering. Which is good because it's only getting bigger.

I did buy a few things the other day which made me feel better. Then my bubble was promply burst by my husband who thinks it was stupid to buy clothes when we know that Gramma and Auntie are buying tons of clothes and this kid will have more than she needs. Well ****. She's MY baby, ain't she??? I think the MOTHER deserves to buy some clothes for her kid. Good grief. I appreciate anything anyone wants to buy for us. I won't complain about receiving any gift. But I was pretty clear that I wanted to be the one who bought clothes and that's why we registered for NOTHING in the clothing dept. No onsies, no sleepers, no creepers, no nothin'. I knew/know people will buy clothes anyway. They'd better give me the receipts.

As you can tell, I am a little testy today. My chair at work hurts my back, despite the foot rest thingy and the back pillow. And my having to get up every 1-2 hours to pee. **sigh** It will all be worth it, I know. But it doesn't make it suck any less now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:21 am
If your husband knows what's good for him - he will keep his mouth shut about anything you buy right now - you NEED to buy certain things - it is instinctive.

Look at the bright side - with the belly, you can rest a bowl of ice cream on it - instant table.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:24 am
Linkat wrote:
If your husband knows what's good for him - he will keep his mouth shut about anything you buy right now - you NEED to buy certain things - it is instinctive.

Cute size 6mo pink cords are DEFINITELY an instinctive buy. Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 04:30 pm
Linkat wrote:
Stormwatch wrote:
Hang in there, the bad memories fade when you finally get to see and hold the baby. Very Happy

Yeah and then when the start talking you think it is cute and stuff - and then the pain really gets bad - they start whining and talking back.

and then they want cell phones
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 04:36 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Linkat wrote:

Don't buy too much in the 6 mos. size!
They blow thru that size in about a week, and you really are going to get so many baby clothes that you'll have to change the kid 6 times a day in order to get them all worn before they're outgrown!!
Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:33 pm
Which will be no problem since they'll be having massive poop blowouts every hour or so anyway.

Bella, you really do have my empathy. Vent away. Pregnancy does suck.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:50 pm
Bella I know 'm asking for trouble here (man giving advice to pregnant women) but are you doing some excercise.

Prenatal exercise seemed to help my wife feel phisically better and I believe strengthened all the right muscles for the trauma of birthing.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:52 pm
If you're going to do exercise in preparation for birthing, I recommend yoga, preferably a style that includes meditative breathing. That's the breathing you want in child birth -- not what they tell you to do in the hospital birthing class.

Ok, I'm done with my pregnancy advice.
0 Replies

catwoman29

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:17 pm
I feel your morning sickness!
I feel your pain!
I was sick all the time. With my first I had morning sickness for most of the pregnancy. I think there was two maybe three weeks where I felt good. Short lived as I ended up with carpal tunnel in both hands (didn't know this could happen with pregnancy) and then with my c-section got something called a seroma (didn't know this existed) and had a nice long gross recovery.
It was really hard to want to get pregnant again but alas I did and over the course of nine months I had six different flus in addition to morning sickness, hooray! I had back pain and tons of indigestion (both pregnancies). Let's top that off shall we? I had placenta previa which burst two days before I was due to have a c-section. I have to say that after the emergency c-section, I am thankful that my daughter came out alive and I did as well but it was so scary.

I love my children with my whole heart and would not give them up for anything. Feeling them kick is cool and hearing and seeing their hearts beating is just delicious. However, pregnancy is certainly tough for some and some had it worse than me. I too hated hearing how joyful some women have it when they are pregnant. They just don't understand and think you're nuts or just a complainer. Complain away! I'll listen to you.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:30 am
Breathing schmeathing......

here's what you need at your bedside for when the pain gets too bad and the people around you are telling you how to breathe correctly.....

a hand held sign that reads GET ME AN EPIDURAL NOW OR I'LL TEAR YOUR F***ING HEADS OFF!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:49 am
Nee had morning sickness for the first 3 months, then 3 months of relative peace, now she's having morning sickness again. At the moment, she doesn't sleep in the same bed as me unless it's really cold. She doesn't like the bed, and sleeps on the sofa even when I'm on night shift. She hasn't really had cravings, although the spicy food she normally eats makes her sick now. And being Thai, she eats food spicy enough to put most westerners in a hospital bed! She's constantly in the bathroom, and would win most farting competitions now. Laughing The baby is playing soccer, which she doesn't seem to mind too much.

One thing that other upsets other women about her, is that at 29 weeks she weighs 56kg (124lbs). She's hardly carrying any extra weight except for the baby.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:23 am
happycat wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Linkat wrote:

Don't buy too much in the 6 mos. size!
They blow thru that size in about a week, and you really are going to get so many baby clothes that you'll have to change the kid 6 times a day in order to get them all worn before they're outgrown!!
Smile

Well, they are actually mostly the 6-9 mo stuff. The biggest concern to me is the pants...what if my baby is fat and the waist is too small? Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:26 am
dadpad wrote:
Bella I know 'm asking for trouble here (man giving advice to pregnant women) but are you doing some excercise.

Prenatal exercise seemed to help my wife feel phisically better and I believe strengthened all the right muscles for the trauma of birthing.

A little. I can't do much right now, only because I already pulled some ligaments and during pregnancy, they loosen anyway and you can hurt yourself easier. So I have to heal first before doing anything other than resting.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:27 am
happycat wrote:
Breathing schmeathing......

here's what you need at your bedside for when the pain gets too bad and the people around you are telling you how to breathe correctly.....

a hand held sign that reads GET ME AN EPIDURAL NOW OR I'LL TEAR YOUR F***ING HEADS OFF!

Laughing FOR REAL!!
0 Replies