Pregnancy Sucks

squinney

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:17 am
Buying the clothes was my favorite thing, too. They are so tiny! They are so soft and cute. They are so.... PINK!!! Go for it!

(Having Preemies, I got to go out again during the weeks they were in the hospital following birth and buy even smaller things. Double the shopping!) Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:22 am
Something I found neat in this modern age of humans... Even though I was on bedrest, and even though I wasn't due for a couple more months, I went crazy with a need to clean the house and get things ready in the week prior to giving birth. Didn't even realize what was happening at the time.

Unfortunately, that need to clean has never hit me again.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:24 am
I definitely had that. I'd been working on getting the baby's room ready and became absolutely obsessed with finishing a certain element. Finished it, went to bed, contractions started about an hour later.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:29 am
Oh that's the other thing that I get to deal with; Braxton Hicks.

I've been having them since about 20 weeks and recently they've become a little painful. I was reading about them and it was funny because it said that many experts say they are painless but many pregnant woman beg to differ. They aren't horrible but they aren't pleasant either.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:29 am
Bella Dea wrote:
happycat wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Linkat wrote:
If your husband knows what's good for him - he will keep his mouth shut about anything you buy right now - you NEED to buy certain things - it is instinctive.

Cute size 6mo pink cords are DEFINITELY an instinctive buy. Laughing :wink:

Don't buy too much in the 6 mos. size!
They blow thru that size in about a week, and you really are going to get so many baby clothes that you'll have to change the kid 6 times a day in order to get them all worn before they're outgrown!!
Smile

Well, they are actually mostly the 6-9 mo stuff. The biggest concern to me is the pants...what if my baby is fat and the waist is too small? Laughing

Have you asked your ob/gyn just how big the baby might be? My daughter (Princess Overdue) was 9lbs.9oz. and 22in.long.
I spent one entire day just dressing her up and taking pics of her in various outfits so I could show them to the gift-givers, because I knew that she wouldn't be able to squeeze into them in about 2 weeks! LOL!

A mother's wistful note: it all seems like just yesterday, but she's graduating from high school next month!
Smile
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
squinney wrote:
Something I found neat in this modern age of humans... Even though I was on bedrest, and even though I wasn't due for a couple more months, I went crazy with a need to clean the house and get things ready in the week prior to giving birth. Didn't even realize what was happening at the time.

Nesting. Yeah, it hit me too. I cleaned the entire basement (and at our old house, it was just that: a basement) so obviously there was not a reason in the world for me to be doing that a week before I was due.

Yep, the "need to clean" was replaced with "the need for peace and quiet and a place where no one yells "MOM!!" a hundred times a day.
note: I haven't found that place yet....but I'm still searching.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:44 am
made me think of this...

Laughing Laughing

Stewie
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
Bella Dea wrote:
made me think of this...

Laughing Laughing

Stewie

ewwwww! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:12 am
Bella--

I'm afraid your daughter is showing all the signs of being both strong-willed and organized.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:22 am
Noddy - the baby will win, hands down. no contest.

Picture it - Mother's Day 1989 (a month prior to my due date).
My husband and I and my mother and other family members had reservations at a very nice expensive restaurant.
My daughter decided to stick her foot into my ribs. I could not bend.
I could not sit down. I could not get into the car.
I pushed the foot and the foot pushed back.....for an hour.
We had to call the restaurant to have them hold our reservations.
She finally gave up .....and fell asleep I suppose.
Little did I know that was just the beginning of her pushing back!!

Laughing
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:04 am
squinney wrote:

Felt the need to clean the oven a week before each son was born. After hubby got "fixed" I got a self-cleaning oven Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:42 am
Bella Dea wrote:
happycat wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Linkat wrote:
If your husband knows what's good for him - he will keep his mouth shut about anything you buy right now - you NEED to buy certain things - it is instinctive.

Cute size 6mo pink cords are DEFINITELY an instinctive buy. Laughing :wink:

Don't buy too much in the 6 mos. size!
They blow thru that size in about a week, and you really are going to get so many baby clothes that you'll have to change the kid 6 times a day in order to get them all worn before they're outgrown!!
Smile

Most of the baby stuff has elastic waist so it isn't that bad and if the baby is fat - you buy bigger stuff and roll up the pant legs.
Well, they are actually mostly the 6-9 mo stuff. The biggest concern to me is the pants...what if my baby is fat and the waist is too small? Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:47 am
sozobe wrote:
I definitely had that. I'd been working on getting the baby's room ready and became absolutely obsessed with finishing a certain element. Finished it, went to bed, contractions started about an hour later.

I didn't have a huge thing about cleaning - just slightly, but you do have these insane needs that you cannot control. I remember it centering around the car seat. I wanted a particular car seat and was going to return the one we received as a gift and exchange it for another. I was already to leave and my hubby was dilly dallying. I screamed at him that we needed to go NOW! Really no reason why we couldn't wait another 15 minutes, but I felt this insane urge that we had to leave and take care it immediately. Even while I was insaning demanding this, I knew it was crazy, but was incapable of stopping myself.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:51 am
Laughing That sounds familiar. There was some screaming as I was finishing. Him: "Uh, isn't it time to go to bed?" Me: "God, I'm ALMOST finished!" Him: "Um, can't you finish it tomorrow?" Me: <in disbelief> "Tomorrow? Of course not!"

I was prepared for the cleaning aspect of nesting, too, and didn't fully realize what was up at the time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:42 pm
LOL! Love the stories!

On the Mommy thing... When they were toddlers and I thought they were engrossed in playing or watching Winnie the Pooh, I would slip down the hall to the bathroom.

When I emerged they would both be sitting on the floor by the door waiting for me. Then they would get up and go back to whatever they were doing. They sat quietly, and waited patiently,... But WHY?

CAN'T I EVEN GO TO THE BATHROOM?????
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:04 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

If your baby's born too big for 6 - 9 mos stuff, you're in trouble Shocked

~~~~~~

As Linkat posted, you put 'em in what fits the biggest part (proportionally) and modify (roll-up, in a lot of cases) the rest.

I just spent some time with a friend whose three week old weighs 7.5 pounds - and is too long for the 0-3 mos stuff - so is in 3 - 6 mos clothing, which is wide, but at least she's covered.

It was great. We spent two hours with her - she went through 3 full changes, and 2 (or maybe 3) more partial changes. She's a bit leaky at both ends. I got lots of great photos of all the gift clothing so mom can share photo proof with the gift-givers that the outfits are being worn.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:35 pm
Lots of changes of clothing is a must if you're nursing, Bella -- what comes out isn't a whole lot more solid than what went in -- but do yourself a favour and make sure most of it is easy on/easy off.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:39 pm
squinney wrote:
LOL! Love the stories!

On the Mommy thing... When they were toddlers and I thought they were engrossed in playing or watching Winnie the Pooh, I would slip down the hall to the bathroom.

When I emerged they would both be sitting on the floor by the door waiting for me. Then they would get up and go back to whatever they were doing. They sat quietly, and waited patiently,... But WHY?

I used to date a guy whose dog did this. Whenever I went into the bathroom, Pup'd come and sit outside the door. At his house, at his friends, at his parents. Everyone always knew where I'd gone.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:27 am
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/0698117875.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46865182_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Quote:
Mrs. Large needs some time alone. She is looking for five minutes peace from her three children. She first gets her breakfast tray and heads for the bathroom. She fills the tub with bubbles and pours herself a cup of tea and settles in to read the paper.

Before a minute had passed, Mrs. Large's children were in the bathroom with her. Next they all ended up in the tub with her! Mrs. Large then heads to the kitchen to read the paper and has three minutes and forty-five seconds of peace before her children joined her.

I loved that book. It was so true.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:21 am
squinney wrote:
LOL! Love the stories!

Mama's Always on Stage.
0 Replies