I had such a good time last night.

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:26 pm
Ha! I think that's a better way to look at it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Dont think......Doooooooo!!!!!!

Blonde, brunette or vengefull red head?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Oh, you putz, I was eleven and a half years older than my husband and it never mattered. And men are often quite a bit older than the woman. Good grief.

On the other hand, you being satan's spawn, I can see that difficulty, if both sides are constantly expressing their beliefs or lack of them. That does infuse a certain glow, one way or the other, to all of life. But ya gotta have some dates first before you worry about the wedding.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:29 pm
Putz? Such language, Ms. Buco! :wink:

Point taken, and considered. Well, maybe it will be considered. We'll see. I'm mulling...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:30 pm
dadpad wrote:
Dont think......Doooooooo!!!!!!

Blonde, brunette or vengefull red head?

Cute brown-eyed brunette with great legs.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:35 pm
Anyway, if anything happens, it will have to happen organically. I will not push, I will not ask her out on a date, I will not upset the applecart. We go out with a group of friends a lot, so we will see each other again before too long. If the opportunity presents itself naturally, then maybe I'll go for it. I am always trying to convinve myself what a bad idea this is, but I also agree with you guys that I should not think so much and just f*cking do something!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:41 pm
Jesus--just start out telling the truth.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:41 pm
Kicky, Kicky - how can you think about the end of a relationship that is
practically non-existent as of yet. Your way of thinking is paradox.

Even if the relationship doesn't last, at least you'll get sweet memories
out of it.

Think positive and be optimistic, and go for it!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:43 pm
I'm ten years older than mrs edgarblythe. There are times when that makes a bit of a difference, but, mostly, no. Plus, I'm a heathen, while she believes in the Bible. Never had a quarrel, there. Still, I have no real suggestion to offer.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:46 pm
Practical brunette, organised brunette or romantic brunette?

If you decide not to pursue can I have her cell?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:49 pm
With apologies to Nora Ephron:

Twenty five years from now--
Two shot of couple:
Older Curly Headed man and Still Cutesy Cute brown-eyed brunette with great legs.

She: So we didn't start going out together. We were always with a bunch.
He: A bunch. I was always looking at her though.
She: Yeah, looking. It took the longest time for him just to ask me.
He: Ask you?
She: Ask me out somewhere without the bunch.
He: Oh.
She: He's still shy.
He: And I thought... .
She: You almost thought too much. (Looks at camera) He thought he was too old. Heh.
He: I just acted young, but I was older.
She: I knew he was older, but I didn't care. I liked him.
He: You did, didn't you?
She: You were a little wild for me, I needed that.
He pats her hand.

(Black)

Joe(go for happiness, kiddo)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:49 pm
kickycan wrote:
If only I weren't who I am, and she weren't who she is, I'm sure it would work out perfectly. There's the age thing. I'm way older than her. She's 28 and I'm 40, and she doesn't even know that. I think she probably figures I'm about thirty-five. I always avoid the subject whenever it comes up. Plus, she's a christian, and I'm like satan's spawn or something. I have no direction in my career, and I'm pretty sure she, like most women, wants a guy who is stable and at least a little bit motivated.

For just those reasons alone I think one could easily figure out how this would end. In tears, most likely.

But I might just be stupid one of these days and let it happen. I want to so bad.

But knowing that it would most likely end badly, wouldn't it be totally selfish of me to start this mess up anyway?

I'm 48, he's 60.
We met when I was 29, and I was bemoaning the fact I was turning 30. He got my full attention when he said "A woman isn't beautiful until at least 30.
He is definatley the spawn of satan, you've probably sat next to him at the gathering of the goats. I'm not christian, but have a background that rears its head at time.

He's always worked for himself, ususally from being street wise. I take care of IRA & insurance, he couldn't worry about that.

We have absolutely nothing in common.

Being different gives you stuff to talk about.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:50 pm
Ok.... while you're out with friends, drop your real age into the conversation. See if it turns her around.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:56 pm
Joe--

That was beautiful.

I'm 45 and he's 55.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:56 pm
I saw this today on PostSecret:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/Rf1VTXErx7I/AAAAAAAAATI/G4fxWfm5sA0/s400/33.jpg

I think it's from her.

Think Jack Nicholson and "you make me want to be a better man" type stuff.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:57 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
With apologies to Nora Ephron:

Twenty five years from now--
Two shot of couple:
Older Curly Headed man and Still Cutesy Cute brown-eyed brunette with great legs.

She: So we didn't start going out together. We were always with a bunch.
He: A bunch. I was always looking at her though.
She: Yeah, looking. It took the longest time for him just to ask me.
He: Ask you?
She: Ask me out somewhere without the bunch.
He: Oh.
She: He's still shy.
He: And I thought... .
She: You almost thought too much. (Looks at camera) He thought he was too old. Heh.
He: I just acted young, but I was older.
She: I knew he was older, but I didn't care. I liked him.
He: You did, didn't you?
She: You were a little wild for me, I needed that.
He pats her hand.

(Black)

Joe(go for happiness, kiddo)Nation

Oh joenation, that is absolutley perfect.

except mine would have something like.

him: I liked looking at her ass when she didn't know it as she walked across the room.
she: I knew he was watching my ass, that's why I walked acrossed the room so much.
him: I thought she was just toying with me, I figured she had someone else.
she: I was waiting and waiting for him to make his move.

Kicky, unless this girl is some kind of fanatic, her religious beliefs aren't going to matter.

She knows you're not as toned down as you make out to be, she's not a fool.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 05:29 pm
Actually, I think you guys have something there. When we first met, I was definitely NOT toning it down, and I think that's when she first started digging me and I started digging her. I should just throw myself out there without worrying about all this bullshit that I clutter my head with every time I like someone.

And yes, I have definitely been considering just blurting out my age. I have a very strong feeling that if I did that and she didn't fall out of her chair or throw up or run screaming, I'd then feel free to act on my feelings.

You know, the weird thing is that last night, at the beginning of the night, she was actually being hit on by another guy, and she seemed to be flirting back with him. It was a friend of her cousin, who was one of the duo that was playing the music all night at this particular Irish pub for St. Pat's Day.

I even looked over at one point and he was kissing her on the cheek, and I can't be sure that they didn't have a real kiss. A few minutes later, he was gone, and she and I were hanging out again. She told me that she'd offered him her number and he'd made some aloof remark about it, and that he was leaving anyway, and she thought he was a jerk. I agreed with her, of course.

I think that caused her to be a little more touchy and flirty with me. And I have to admit, it bothered me to see that, and I may have been a little more touchy-feely myself after that. When we were dancing, each time the music ended, I could sense that neither of our hands wanted to break contact. It was really nice.

I don't really care why though. I just know I had a really good time last night.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 05:43 pm
Quote:
Kicky: You know I love you like a brother, but you gotta stop living your life as if you're Marty.

I beg your pardon Joe!?

Kicky, you should definitely go for it. She seems to have interest in you as you do for her. Take a chance and see where it goes!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 05:51 pm
I might just do that. Thanks. I'm leaving for Florida at the end of this week, but when I get back, I think I'll try to take a more pro-active approach towards this situation. Joe, I never saw that movie, but I'm not THAT shy, really. I'm just cautious...too cautious.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 05:54 pm
martybarker wrote:
Quote:
Kicky: You know I love you like a brother, but you gotta stop living your life as if you're Marty.

I beg your pardon Joe!?

Kicky, you should definitely go for it. She seems to have interest in you as you do for her. Take a chance and see where it goes!

Oh, that cracks me up, I thought Joe was referring to me! Well, I can admit that I relate to a lot of the things you say.
0 Replies