I had such a good time last night.

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:50 pm
There's this girl, you see. For over a year, I've had feelings for her, as she has for me, but we both pretend like there's nothing going on. Nothing concrete has ever happened to tip this thing into becoming any more than a harmless flirtation. Although I want to just grab her and kiss her sometimes, I don't, because I've convinced myself that it would never work between us. I'm pretty sure I'm right about that too, but after last night, I really wish things were different.

We talked and laughed and danced, and there was some touching and hand-holding going on as well. All very innocent, but it was really nice. I even started to get that stupid feeling you get, you know, like when you really like someone and it just makes you feel happy and stupid at the same time when you're around them. Today I can't seem to stop thinking about her. Ah well, eventually I'll get back to my normal self and won't be in this stupid pining mood. What a nice girl though. If only I were good enough for her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,503 • Replies: 105
No top replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:54 pm
OMG!!!! Hooray for you!!!! It will slice YEARS off. If you are ever dementedly happy and need to be silly, PM me.

I'm so happy for you!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:01 pm
So, theres no restraining order in the offing?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:04 pm
Call her!! Ask her out!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:07 pm
What in the hell is wrong with you? Why are you running from feeling so good? Is she married? Was she married to your best friend? Your brother? Your boss? What?
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:11 pm
Re: I had such a good time last night.
kickycan wrote:
...Although I want to just grab her and kiss her sometimes, I don't, because I've convinced myself that it would never work between us. I'm pretty sure I'm right about that too...

...What a nice girl though. If only I were good enough for her.

What you need is an immense dope-slap!

Go for it, paisan'. This one is worth it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:26 pm
Damn kicky my friend, you need to ask this girl OUT!

You've talked about her before, and she's interested in you too from what you say.

It breaks my heart to see two people not at least trying it out. It really does.

You're afraid of "what if" if it doesn't work out.

Be more concerned with "what could be"

Take a chance, it could be the most wonderful thing that ever happned to both of you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:34 pm
OH!!

I'm bursting here!

GRAB HER AND KISS HER! GRAB HER AND KISS HER!!!

Her eyes will light up, I just know it.

http://www.bwog.net/uploads/DSCF2271.JPG
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:35 pm
Ask her out, dammit! Don't make me come down there.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:43 pm
And what's all this crap about not being good enough?

We'll tell you if you're not good enough.

You're plenty good enough.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:44 pm
It really comes to down to wether you would happier pining away for her or asking her out for a romantic evening, with the understanding you might get rejected. I think you are better off taking a chance and then making the best of her answer.

(Plus, we could use some new juicy date gossip in this place.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:56 pm
If only I weren't who I am, and she weren't who she is, I'm sure it would work out perfectly. There's the age thing. I'm way older than her. She's 28 and I'm 40, and she doesn't even know that. I think she probably figures I'm about thirty-five. I always avoid the subject whenever it comes up. Plus, she's a christian, and I'm like satan's spawn or something. I have no direction in my career, and I'm pretty sure she, like most women, wants a guy who is stable and at least a little bit motivated.

For just those reasons alone I think one could easily figure out how this would end. In tears, most likely.

But I might just be stupid one of these days and let it happen. I want to so bad.

But knowing that it would most likely end badly, wouldn't it be totally selfish of me to start this mess up anyway?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:00 pm
**** no. Plenty of women are attracted to older men--and you may be shortchanging her.

Age considerations are stupid most of the time.

Doesn't everyone want someone who's turned on by them? You could be the best thing that ever happens to her.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:11 pm
Quote:
But knowing that it would most likely end badly, wouldn't it be totally selfish of me to start this mess up anyway?

Double f**K NO!

Kicky: You know I love you like a brother, but you gotta stop living your life as if you're Marty.

You had a good time. She had a good time.

And she probably laid on her bed looking up at the ceiling wondering what the f--k was wrong with her that you haven't called her to ask her out again.

Joe(and all the time, my brother, love was waiting)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:16 pm
Okay, let me rephrase the question. Let's say there is Person A and Person B. Person A knows that if they ever got together it would end with Person B in tears, broken-hearted. Person A goes ahead with trying to fulfill his own needs, consequences be damned.

Now, when it ends just like he knew it would, with her in tears, who would you say is to blame for it?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:18 pm
How do you arrive at this teary scenario?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:20 pm
Because there is no way I'm going to come clean about my age and other things about me that I know she wouldn't approve of. It would only be revealed later, with the passing of time. At that point, she'd realize what a jerk I really am and it would then turn to ****.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
But that's just part of it. Let me think about how to put it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:24 pm
I find her very physically attractive. But I also find myself muting my personality around her, so as not to be an assh*le in front of her. Not a complete personality change, but definitely keeping myself in check a little bit when I think I might say something that she'd be offended by. But eventually, if we were to get together, that won't be an option.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:24 pm
Kicky - I'm so glad you had a good time last night! I'm not gonna suggest you rush things. I trust you to know what you are comfortable with and what feels right.

Given that you both enjoyed yourselves, there's nothing wrong with continuing normal contact, maybe seeing if she wants to go out dancing again next weekend. By all means, be honest with her about your age. See where it goes, and if it doesn't go beyond friendship you were too good for her. Very Happy
0 Replies