Are you a serial lover ?

Letty

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:19 pm
Raggedy, My Happy was smallish with blond hair and dimples. At that time, if a boy chased you, and I mean literally, that was the notification to the public that you were an item. Laughing I could outrun him, but I let him catch me.

And, Raggedy. I do indeed believe you, because Happy's sister was named Gay. Rolling Eyes

Shocked One of my old flames went into the ministry, too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:32 pm
If you kiss the Blarney Stone, you are blessed with verbal charm. If you get vertigo and barf on it, do you get cursed with verbal diarrhea?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 01:32 pm
Actually I am a ceral lover!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 04:26 pm
Serial Lover? No rather I'm a serial disaster area. I've gone down in flames so many times I need fire insurance.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 04:39 pm
And I thought this thread was about a fondness for cliff-hanger narratives, as in "Stay tuned for next week's exciting chapter!" Turns out it's about breakfast food. Go figure!

But, no, seriously...I keep some old photos and other scraps, but they're in safe places where I won't be taken by surprise. These are only to be viewed under carefully controlled conditions!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 04:50 pm
Like in radiation proof boxes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 05:37 pm
hmmmmmm, well, i've never been able to put Douglas' picture away. I wouldn't say he was my first true love, but he was the first boy that I thought was really smart and interesting. Meeting him was a real revelation. We talked for hours and hours and hours and hours. A picture of him, in the Alps, when he was about 16, wanders around the house. It still makes me smile.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 05:41 pm
and a few other pix survived the ritual photo-burning ceremony. It was the mid-70's, a few of us had been drinking rye, we were ranting after Jean got dumped, we got a big bowl, put in sliced-up pix of all the guys who had offended us, tossed on some kind of accelerant, put some Janis Joplin on the turntable, lit some matches, tossed 'em in the bowl, and then we danced and wailed. yup, those were the 70's.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:45 am
did anyone see my definition for serial monogmy is that like being a serial lover???
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:47 am
Quote:
serial monogamy is a term used in text books to explain the sexual habits of college students: being in a relationship for six months or longer and say it's a heterosexual relationship the female goes on Birth control they decide using condoms is not something they have to do any longer. then they break up and do the same thing with another person. they decide that unprotected sex is ok because they assume the person they are with is safe.
this is paraphrased from:
dimensions of human sexuality

is this the same kind of thing???
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:48 am
Hey, amieemarie.(lovely name) This thread was originally created just to talk about all the "old flames" one has had throughout life and remembering them with fondness.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:53 am
Letty wrote:
Hey, John. He had dimples just like Setanta. I swear, I thought that he was the bees knees... Razz

I just now noticed this . . . whatever makes you think i have dimples? And why shouldn't i severely punish she who told you i do--which, of course, i don't . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:05 am
Do so.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:06 am
uhoh! Laughing Actually, Setanta, no one told me that. I made it up, cause I use to go to bed at night poking my fingers in my cheeks hoping that I would develope dimples like Happy. Unfortunately, all I ended up with was one in my chin which was passed on through the family genes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:07 am
and he does.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:14 am
do not . . . :p
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:15 am
Do.