I quit taking my meds

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 09:23 am
Dys--

The doctor sounds worth the drive.

Do you have a Home Blood Pressure monitor? They cost between $25 and $75 dollars. You're the sort of control freak who would enjoy having up-to-date, personal information.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 09:52 am
Noddy
Noddy24 wrote:
Dys--
The doctor sounds worth the drive.
Do you have a Home Blood Pressure monitor? They cost between $25 and $75 dollars. You're the sort of control freak who would enjoy having up-to-date, personal information.

I just talked to The Lady Diane and she said they have a blood pressure monitor. I was going to give them one of the two I have.

BBB
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:23 am
Spent a month in Washington last week, and made it back to read the continuing saga of dys. Sounds like things are a whole hell of a lot better, and that certainly adds some cheer to my weekend. Keep that BP down where it belongs!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 01:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Bp has dropped over 60 in 3 hours (Sys) from 193 to current 132

Phew.

But what about diastolic?

diastolic 87, pulse 90

The results are difficult to evaluate, as you had stopped the lisinopril, before your found the new MD.
So, what was your blood pressure when you were on lisinopril?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 01:18 pm
Why was the diuretic discontinued?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 01:21 pm
In summary:

before meds, BP = 193/137

with benazapril ( changed from lisinopril-HCTZ), BP=
132/87.

BP should be decreased even further, by doubling the ACE inhibitor or adding back the HCTZ.

Good luck!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 01:41 pm
You have some expertise in this area, besides personal experience with bp meds?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:03 am
update;
went back to the new doc last week. she doubled the dosage of Atenolol from 50mg to 100 mg and the benazepril from 10 mg to 20 mg. Then we had a chat about quality of life vs quantity of life, basically she told me that I could take meds that would lengthen my life expentancy but might very well lower my quality of life or we could try various options that might not help as much but would allow me to live a better daily life. I went for quality over quantity which allowed me to take the lady Diane and Ossobuco and another friend out for a very nice dinner to celebrate Diane's b'day last nite. This was something I could not have done for the past 3 years while taking the meds I was. I do feel better, I have an appetite and I am not nauseous 24/7.
If some woman don't kill me, I'll live till I die.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:11 am
(Happy belated birthday, Diane!!!)

You sound good, dys, .... ehem, I mean, that sounds good, dys :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:15 am
Diane
Happy Birthday, Lady Diane.

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:23 am
Ain't some woman gonna get you, Dys. Someone's husband, more likely. Probably about the time you're around 82.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:27 am
roger wrote:
Ain't some woman gonna get you, Dys. Someone's husband, more likely. Probably about the time you're around 82.

Here's hoping Laughing
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:04 am
Good luck and stay well.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:39 pm
Very glad you found this doctor. She actually discusses things with you and gives you a say in how you want to live your life. Imagine that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 06:41 pm
dyslexia wrote:
update;
went back to the new doc last week. she doubled the dosage of Atenolol from 50mg to 100 mg and the benazepril from 10 mg to 20 mg. Then we had a chat about quality of life vs quantity of life, basically she told me that I could take meds that would lengthen my life expentancy but might very well lower my quality of life or we could try various options that might not help as much but would allow me to live a better daily life. I went for quality over quantity which allowed me to take the lady Diane and Ossobuco and another friend out for a very nice dinner to celebrate Diane's b'day last nite. This was something I could not have done for the past 3 years while taking the meds I was. I do feel better, I have an appetite and I am not nauseous 24/7.
If some woman don't kill me, I'll live till I die.

Yay!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:01 pm
Very nice, dys. Happy for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:05 pm
I'll testify, Dys did well with a great discussion with the tres smart neighbor, which he was a big part of (I wasn't, I couldn't hear), and lots of food; in the past, this would have been hard for him, as he said.
It's good.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:10 pm
tres bon!

Vegemite has lots of regenerative and recuperative powers.
Plus it puts a rose in every cheek
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:12 pm
dadpad wrote:
tres bon!

Vegemite has lots of regenerative and recuperative powers.
Plus it puts a rose in every cheek

Upper or nether?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:14 pm
The man said "every cheek," didn't he?
0 Replies