NRA trains members to attack enemies without mercy

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:41 am
cjhsa wrote:
Ask McTag. I wouldn't set foot in that hellhole.

Well, I've seen with my own eyes the export papers of some thousands of kitchen knives to the UK .... recently.

The last time I've been in a supermarket and department store in the UK was in December

You made the experiences when did you say?

Quote:
UK
Knife possession is legislated differently in public places and in private. In private, you can own any type of knife except automatic knives (flick knives, butterfly knives, and switchblades). In general, knives carried in public places are legally considered to be offensive weapons and the carrier can be charged with "possession of an offensive weapon". It is however legal to carry a knife if there is a bona fide reason to do so for example, if it is a tool required for ones trade (e.g. chefs) or if it is part of a national costume (e.g. sgian dubh), or if it is carried for religious reasons (e.g. Sikh Kirpan). A special exception exists for penknives (pocket knives) which are legal without reason for possession, but they must be non-locking and sub 3" (7.62cm). Any other article with a blade or point is illegal to possess in a public place, except with a reasonable excuse.[3]Even a folding pocket knife of less than 3" may still be considered an offensive weapon if carried or used for that purpose.

Although English law insists that it is the responsibility of the prosecution to provide evidence proving a crime has been committed an individual must provide evidence to prove that they had a bona fide reason for carrying a knife (if this is the case). Whilst this may appear to be a reversal of the usual burden of proof, technically the prosecution has already proven the case (prima facie) by establishing that a knife was being carried in a public place.
Wikipedia
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:55 am
CJ talks about being afraid of heights, but that he doesn't want ladders banned. However, this very pointedly shows the immature mindset he has. I think that there is only one purpose for handguns, and that is to kill people. They aren't effective for hunting, except for those most expert in shooting hand guns, and in tracking game without being detected. Only in the most extraordinary circumstances would a hand gun be an effective hunting weapon.

Therefore, although i don't agitate for bans of hand guns, the thought that handguns would be banned does not disturb me, and if it happened i'd applaud the move as being a sane and reasonable social response to a dangerous and unnecessary problem. I wouldn't buy any IInd Amendment bullshit argument, either, as members of the militia are commonly either private soldiers when in service, or non-commissioned officers. Neither class of soldier commonly uses a hand gun, so any argument that a ban on hand guns would infringe a citizens right to keep and bear arms would just be so much bullshit.

None of this arises from any fear of handguns on my part. I don't live where the despair of poverty leads to high crime rates; i don't hang out with people who are sufficiently immature to be obsessed with handguns; the people whom i know who do own firearms are responsible adults, who keep their firearms safely. My response is not a response of fear.

CJ obsesses about fear, in my opinion, precisely because he is a fearful person. He fears that if he can't legally keep a lethal arsenal, he will be a prey to all those whom he despises and mistrusts--blacks and immigrants, primarily. He has given more than ample evidence at this site both that he entertains racist stereotypes, and that he has secret dreams of having the opportunity to blow away some black or brown-skinned man who is threatening him, or his family--the more "heroic" the scenario, the better.

Not all of us live in constant fear, however, and even our reasonable apprehensions of an unpredictable and potentially, if remotely, dangerous world doesn't interfere with our ability to make rational judgments based on facts, as opposed to canting propaganda.

Maporsches' analogy to automobiles fails utterly. Automobiles are not designed to kill or destroy people or things. Firearms are. (By the way, the common term for a device which interferes with the fuel flow to the carburetor or the fuel injectors is a governor, not a limiter. The speedometer has absolutely nothing to do with the potential speed of the vehicle.) I fully agree that much harsher penalties are needed for people who drive recklessly or at excessive speed. As well, for sound ecological reasons, and well as resource management, large vehicles such as SUVs are obviously unnecessary for most of the people who drive them. Even for those who need heavy vehicles and trucks, they usually have no need of the large, gas-guzzling engines which allow them to drive at excessive speed. With fuel injection, passenger vehicles can reasonably operate with a four-cylinder engine, and even heavy vehicles for private use can reasonably operate with small six-cylinder engines.

Unlike the idiocy deployed in aid of that interpretation of the IInd Amendment which runs, roughly: Militia being me and my buddies who don't need no damned regulation, my right to buy the biggest, baddest damned piece of ordnance i can afford better not be messed with--there is no constitutional guarantee of the right to keep and drive an eight-cylinder behemoth which gets four miles to the gallon.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:42 am
Guns are designed to shoot bullets. No more, no less. Automobiles are designed to carry passengers. I do not think maporsches analogy is that far off the mark at all.

That people use guns to shoot people does not mean guns should be banned. People use shovels to kill people as well, yet there is no discussion of banning shovels. Cars come in many ranges of price and quality. So do guns. If someone wants to have a decked out humvee or a decked out ar-15 (semi-auto) then they should be allowed to. Restricting these purchases does no one any good and only goes against the freedoms that have earned America the "land of the free" tag line.

A gun is a tool. If it is given the respect it deserves then there would be no reason to have discussions that we are having. That some people do not treat their tools with respect has no bearing on whether or not I should be allowed to purchase the tool that I feel I should have. Whether thats a Beretta 9mm or a S&W .44 or a Remington 12ga.

This is what it comes down to. If others do not wish to own guns, that is their choice. But, do not attempt to step on my rights because you disagree with them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:52 am
Besides being designed to carry passengers, automabiles are thought to travel from one pouint to the point, faster than with other vehicles.

Well, when I was in the USA, I wasn't allowed to do more than 70 mph, although the car and the RV definately were designed to go faster.

"America the land of the free"?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
Only in the most extraordinary circumstances would a hand gun be an effective hunting weapon.

Spoken by a true master, I'm sure.

http://www.weaponsblog.org/images/blackhawk_44_magnum.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:08 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, when I was in the USA, I wasn't allowed to do more than 70 mph, although the car and the RV definately were designed to go faster.

Yeah but the roads for the most part aren't. There's no governor on the accelerator - you can go as fast as you want. Speed limits are mostly about revenue generation - and only suggestions.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
CJ obsesses about fear, in my opinion, precisely because he is a fearful person. He fears that if he can't legally keep a lethal arsenal, he will be a prey to all those whom he despises and mistrusts--blacks and immigrants, primarily. He has given more than ample evidence at this site both that he entertains racist stereotypes, and that he has secret dreams of having the opportunity to blow away some black or brown-skinned man who is threatening him, or his family--the more "heroic" the scenario, the better.

That is simply uncalled for Set. Apparently you have some psychic door into my "secret dreams"? More like you dreamed it up yourself.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:11 pm
Okay, thanks.

But what about that YOU can't buy kitchen knives in the UK while everyone else can do so?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:12 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Okay, thanks.

But what about YOU can't buy kitchen knives in the UK while everyone else can do so?

Even if you can, the law you site makes you a criminal as you attempt to transport them home from the store.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
What exactly are you smoking?

I'm high on life, my friend. Life ... and Nyquil.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:21 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Even if you can, the law you site makes you a criminal as you attempt to transport them home from the store.

No. (Please try to read it.)

Besides that: didn't you laugh about this law?

And didn't you say something totally different, namely:

http://i18.tinypic.com/3z7ooow.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:23 pm
They took the good stuff out of Nyquil over a year ago. They had a choice to either move the product behind the pharmacist's window or change the formula, and they chose the latter.

Still, keep your guns locked up when you're on the stuff.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Okay, thanks.

But what about that YOU can't buy kitchen knives in the UK while everyone else can do so?

Walter, to get a gun licence in the UK the applicant has to pass a police test, and not be demonstrably loopy.

I fear McG and csjha would fail. No shooters for them.

cj, which do you enjoy more: shooting your guns, or standing with one in front of a mirror pretending to be Robert de Niro or Dirty Harry?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:27 pm
CJ has posted a picture of a brown-skinned kid on a bicycle, and claimed it was evidence that immigrants and Mexicans don't work, and only spend their time riding around looking for houses to burglarize. He also posted a picture of brown-skinned men standing at the side of a street, and made similar comments. Given his hysterical obsession with guns, it's not hard to follow his hateful remarks about blacks and immigrants, and connect them to his gun obsession.

What is uncalled for, CJ, are your all too frequent remarks about immigrants, combined with your obsessional claim that we all need to be armed in order to defend ourselves.

Of course, you also provide ample comic relief, such as you did with your remark about disarming a law-abiding populace--who if they were uniformly law-abiding, would not need to be armed.

You're a piece of work.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:
They took the good stuff out of Nyquil over a year ago. They had a choice to either move the product behind the pharmacist's window or change the formula, and they chose the latter.

Damn. And here I thought I was building up a tolerance.

cjhsa wrote:

I make no promises.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:

I can't see how this answers why you responded as I quoted you (in copy).

But it's okay, since you know where to get your pills.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:51 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I have a 6" and 8" chef's knife, an 8" cleaver, a 10" slicer and 10' fillet knife. I can go to any store that carries kitchen stuff and buy them. Target. Macy's. Just about any butcher or grocer.

But in the UK you cannot.

Yes you can.

But you can't take them to the Saturday Night Hop.

It's a really strange country, the UK.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
Well, since cjhsa thinks speed limits to be only suggestions - he certainly would carry a kitchen knife there.

But - as he said - he can't buy them (must have been something the judge wrote in the conviction).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
CJ has posted a picture of a brown-skinned kid on a bicycle, and claimed it was evidence that immigrants and Mexicans don't work, and only spend their time riding around looking for houses to burglarize. He also posted a picture of brown-skinned men standing at the side of a street, and made similar comments. Given his hysterical obsession with guns, it's not hard to follow his hateful remarks about blacks and immigrants, and connect them to his gun obsession.

What is uncalled for, CJ, are your all too frequent remarks about immigrants, combined with your obsessional claim that we all need to be armed in order to defend ourselves..

Actually the gang member on the bike was looking not only for easy burglary targets, he was looking for a place to hide his drugs at night so he didn't have to take them home. Very common gang drug salesmen tactic. We had our recycling STOLEN more than once - it wasn't worth anything - except that something was probably hidden inside. I was always worried they might come INSIDE looking for something if they couldn't find it. The fact that your liberal rose colored blinders prevent you from seeing what goes on under your nose isn't my problem until you try to keep me from protecting my family from such behaviour, which you seem to really, really want to do for SOME reason...

The mexicans standing on the side of the road were looking for work, not avoiding it. They were just doing so illegally, as illegal aliens, with no respect for our laws.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:57 pm
cjhsa wrote:
They were just doing so illegally, as illegal aliens, with no respect for our laws.

I'm glad you are such a law abiding citizen:

cjhsa wrote:

Yeah but the roads for the most part aren't. There's no governor on the accelerator - you can go as fast as you want. Speed limits are mostly about revenue generation - and only suggestions.
0 Replies