NRA trains members to attack enemies without mercy

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 12:20 pm
So what some here are saying is the if firearms were outlawed across the entire country crime and murder would cease to exist right? Or drop to unimaginably low levels?

Does anyone here have any proof to back that up or is it just wishful thinking?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 04:56 pm
The problem will remain that there are already over 200,000,000 guns in the United States. Making it harder to get new ones is unlikely to have much impact, though I like the Brady Bill because it affords the opportunity to apprehend criminal-morons... and a cooling off period isn't such a bad idea. A total ban would show law abiding citizens turning in their weapons, while criminals would retain theirs and the worst of the worst would laugh like hell.

Mafia turncoat, Sammy "the Bull" Gravano, expressed his love for gun control in an interview with Vanity Fair: "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.

Even if you could make 200 million guns disappear (which is absurd), the result would be an utter lack of equalizer against bullies. How would you defend yourself in precincts where the cops take forever to get there, if they come at all. What chance would the women and the elderly have in such a situation? I don't have a problem with license checks, restrictions against know criminals, and extremely harsh penalties for misconduct... but there is no reason to take the last line of defense against criminals away from law abiding citizens. "Assault rifles" are only cosmetically different from other rifles... so including them in bans is ridiculous.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 05:02 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The problem will remain that there are already over 200,000,000 guns in the United States. Making it harder to get new ones is unlikely to have much impact, though I like the Brady Bill because it affords the opportunity to apprehend criminal-morons... and a cooling off period isn't such a bad idea. A total ban would show law abiding citizens turning in their weapons, while criminals would retain theirs and the worst of the worst would laugh like hell.

Mafia turncoat, Sammy "the Bull" Gravano, expressed his love for gun control in an interview with Vanity Fair: "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.

Even if you could make 200 million guns disappear (which is absurd), the result would be an utter lack of equalizer against bullies. How would you defend yourself in precincts where the cops take forever to get there, if they come at all. What chance would the women and the elderly have in such a situation? I don't have a problem with license checks, restrictions against know criminals, and extremely harsh penalties for misconduct... but there is no reason to take the last line of defense against criminals away from law abiding citizens. "Assault rifles" are only cosmetically different from other rifles... so including them in bans is ridiculous.

Agreed.

However, even in cities where the police force is strong, there is no protection for someone walking down the street and getting mugged, no chance to call 911. I read somewhere that during a power outage something like 40% of households have no access to a 'wired' phone and their cordless phones no longer work, nothing to call 911 with. There have been plenty of instances where burgleries and home invasions have happened so quick that there would have been no time to dial 911.

And in all three of those examples, even if you could call the cops it would still take AT LEAST 5 minutes for them to show up. A LOT could happen in 5 minutes. Look at your child right now and just think of what could happen in 5 minutes.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 05:05 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
"Assault rifles" are only cosmetically different from other rifles... so including them in bans is ridiculous.

This is a great point also. There is no difference.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 05:32 pm
maporsche wrote :

Quote:
However, even in cities where the police force is strong, there is no protection for someone walking down the street and getting mugged, no chance to call 911. I read somewhere that during a power outage something like 40% of households have no access to a 'wired' phone and their cordless phones no longer work, nothing to call 911 with. There have been plenty of instances where burgleries and home invasions have happened so quick that there would have been no time to dial 911.

but this is what actually happened during the 2003 blackout .
n.y police report NO INCREASE IN CRIME - as a matter of fact , crime dropped drastically during the blackout ; kind of interesting i would say .
hbg

link to full article :
BLACKOUT BUT NO CRIME INCREASE ? HOW COME ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 06:14 pm
If the assault weapons are so like the others , why not just buy the others, and not make some lame excuses that we gotta have more assault weapons.
ITS a sales pitch that you guys fall for and its spun nicely by the NRA and the gun mfrs.

Were a nation obessed with gun ownership as a religion. I admit to being an acolyte, but I see no reason for owning guns that can easily be made into fully automatic weapons if Im a hunter . I further see no reason why a non dealer is allowed to buy 50 weapons a month . Somewhere, sometime, this shits gotta cease. Both sides (crimianls and gun nuts) use the same arguments
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:05 pm
I'm neither a criminal nor a gun nut and do not, in fact, own a single gun. "Assault rifles" are not "like" the others... they are identical. The conversion argument is absurd, on several levels.
A. Wood stock or plastic makes no difference. Notice in the pics I provided above; I put the deer rifle in black and the much hated AK-47 in a wood stock. Switch the clip styles and sighting devices and then tell me which one is the "assault rifle". There is no difference… save the 30.06 is both more powerful and more accurate… and is widely accepted as a standard deer rifle. To see the essentially identical mechanics click here

B. The prevalence of fully automatic conversions is damn near zero. It is a very rare day when you see a fully automatic weapon involved in a crime in the United States. It is you who is buying the hype. And what possible difference could it make what the gun looks like? I've looked at the business end of a gun before and it scared the crap out of me. It would matter not at all if it was also black, or shiny, or had a bigger clip, or a bayonet mount. A semi-automatic weapon is a semi-automatic weapon, and there really is no definition for "assault weapon" unless it's used for that purpose. Watch that video and see how simple it is to change the appearance back and forth.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:25 pm
hamburger wrote:
maporsche wrote :

Quote:

but this is what actually happened during the 2003 blackout .
n.y police report NO INCREASE IN CRIME - as a matter of fact , crime dropped drastically during the blackout ; kind of interesting i would say .
hbg

link to full article :
BLACKOUT BUT NO CRIME INCREASE ? HOW COME ?

Who was talking about an increase in crime. I never said that there was an increase in crime because of a blackout. I merely stated that according to the last statistics I read about 40% of the people would lose their ability to call 911.

You are misreading my post intentionally.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:28 pm
farmerman wrote:
If the assault weapons are so like the others , why not just buy the others, and not make some lame excuses that we gotta have more assault weapons.
ITS a sales pitch that you guys fall for and its spun nicely by the NRA and the gun mfrs.

Were a nation obessed with gun ownership as a religion. I admit to being an acolyte, but I see no reason for owning guns that can easily be made into fully automatic weapons if Im a hunter . I further see no reason why a non dealer is allowed to buy 50 weapons a month . Somewhere, sometime, this shits gotta cease. Both sides (crimianls and gun nuts) use the same arguments

I have an 'assult rifle' so when I go to the range I'm not spending so much time reloading. I have an 'assult handgun' to conceal. I have an 'assult shotgun' for home protection.

Does a weapon being fully automatic make it more lethal?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:40 pm
That video is good. Farmerman should watch it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:42 pm
maporsche wrote:
Silly question... Of course it does. That's why they were invented.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 07:46 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Silly question... Of course it does. That's why they were invented.

I've fired a fully automatic M16 and there would be no way in hell that I'd be more accurate with that than I am with my AR15. The guns are practically identical, except the AR15 is a semi-auto and the M16 is full-auto.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:45 am
Um. It's not about accuracy when you are on automatic, it's about creating a broad stroke of lethal fire.

Joe(You hope you knock down all six of those other guys)Nation
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:09 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The right to bear arms, in my mind, serves a very important purpose in that it acts as such an equalizer for the weaker among us.
So Americans are so weak and enfeebled that they need 300+ million guns to protect them? Is an American woman who carries an assault rifle less likely to be raped than one who only has a handgun?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:14 am
O BILL
Quote:
It is a very rare day when you see a fully automatic weapon involved in a crime in the United States. It is you who is buying the hype.
. It is less than uses of pistols , however the use of autos in "street sweeping" is rather common. We had one on Fri night in Lancaster in which bursts of auto fire between rival gangs caused a little girl to get hit by a 9mm from a spray.

You should visit gun shows and see how many "eources" of auto conversion kits are out there.
Ive been consistent. What a gun looks like is silly. The guns "assaultness" to me, is whether it can be made full auto and outfitted with larger clips. Guns that can be so modified should be banned. Ive not deviated from this point and nobody not inclined so has been preaching about how a gun "looks" as the important point . Thats not logical IMHO. If making a gun look more lethal by imitating a full auto look, is your only point, its another example of how youve bought into marketing by gun mfrs. The hunting public didnt start clamoring for M-1 Garands or M-16/s or Techs for deer. These imitated guns were first producedby the companies, then the nimrods began owning them and discovered how easy a conversion can be accomplished.

BTW a 30.06 is hardly the most powerful hunting weapon available.
Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:34 am
there is nothing I find more peculiar or unhealthy about America than the obsession with guns. If its about protecting the weak, give the rabbits assault rifles. At least it would even things up a bit.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:39 am
farmerman wrote:
BTW a 30.06 is hardly the most powerful hunting weapon available.

No but it is the most popular "big game" hunting cartridge, and quite powerful, about twice as powerful as its predacessors at deer camp, the 30-30 and W32SPL.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:40 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
there is nothing I find more peculiar or unhealthy about America than the obsession with guns. If its about protecting the weak, give the rabbits assault rifles. At least it would even things up a bit.

There is nothing more peculiar and unhealthy about northern europe than their willingness to give up their right to self defense. Sig heil!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:56 am
European citizens, certainly in Britain are allowed to use all reasonable means in self defense, including use of firearms. In any case rabbits and deer pose no threat.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:58 am
You don't know much about deer, do you?

In the U.S. deer are one of the largest causes of damage to vehicles - the insurance companies are even siding with hunters to reduce their numbers - or eliminate coverage.

Also, how can you defend yourself with a firearm you can't have?
0 Replies