Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

okie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 09:05 am

Ticomaya, what more proof does there need to be that the Clintonistas have no conscience?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 09:15 am
I see the conservatives, who preach law and order, now say the Clinton administration is their teacher in morality and ethics and will follow their lead.

To bad they couldn't follow other things from Clinton, like balancing the budget.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 03:03 pm
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 09:35 pm
xingu wrote:
I see the conservatives, who preach law and order, now say the Clinton administration is their teacher in morality and ethics and will follow their lead.

To bad they couldn't follow other things from Clinton, like balancing the budget.

I would love to have the 90's Congress back, that did a few things constructively alright, such as a more balanced budget, welfare reform, and things like that, instead of endless investigations.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:36 am
Chuck Todd

Quote:
predicted several times that if the Democrats won "control of Congress" and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) became speaker of the House, then President Bush's "approval rating will be over 50 percent by the Fourth of July next year." In fact, as of July 4, 2007, Bush's approval ratings are far below 50 percent. Indeed, a recent analysis by the weblog RealClearPolitics.com of national polls conducted between June 11 and June 28 placed Bush's average approval rating at 30.5 percent. Will NBC News question Todd about his inaccurate prediction?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 02:23 pm

Ha... good one Tico.

Remember who Marc Rich's lawyer was ?

I'll give you a hint...

His nickname is "scooter"
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 03:28 pm
The Bush Deficit:
Cleaning up after the President

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2119911,00.html

A "bottom feeder".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2120739,00.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 03:34 pm
It's not only the Bush deficit that subsequent presidents will be handicapped with.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
I have a sincere question of the folks here who would describe themselves as Bush supporters. Forgive me if this has been discussed recently (a link to that discussion would be fine).

I realize that this thread and it's predecessors were the results of the last Presidential elections, but I'm curious about your current thoughts on GWB. Not Republican vs Democrat or party politics as usual, but GWB as President of the United States.

Does GWB still have supporters among the posters here to the point where he would be the candidate of choice in the next election? I know he's a lame duck... I'm asking a 'what if'. Do you think that he would face a primary fight if he were able to have a third term? Would he be the nominee?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:04 pm
Some of the candidates running now, I would have supported ahead of Bush the last time, so no, I would not support him in the primary, but if he was the candidate again against a Democrat, I would support him.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 06:10 pm
thanks, okie. I hope others respond as well.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:12 pm
JPB wrote:
I have a sincere question of the folks here who would describe themselves as Bush supporters. Forgive me if this has been discussed recently (a link to that discussion would be fine).

I realize that this thread and it's predecessors were the results of the last Presidential elections, but I'm curious about your current thoughts on GWB. Not Republican vs Democrat or party politics as usual, but GWB as President of the United States.

Does GWB still have supporters among the posters here to the point where he would be the candidate of choice in the next election? I know he's a lame duck... I'm asking a 'what if'. Do you think that he would face a primary fight if he were able to have a third term? Would he be the nominee?

Do I support Bush as much now as I did??

I have to say no,I dont.
He has committed to many stupid mistakes and blunders for me to support him again.
I have just about given up on my support for him and most of his policies,especially the immigration issue.
I think he was wrong on that,and cant support him.
He has not controlled spending like he said he would,in fact he is spending now like a democrat does.
He was wrong to give up the fight for "privatization" of SS,even though thats not what it actually was.

He was wrong to not make the tax cuts permanent when he had the chance.

The list of things I thing he was wrong about is to long to type out here.
BUT,against the current crop of dem candidates,I think he would still be the best choice.
Against the current crop of repub candidates,I would not vote for him or support him.

BTW,I am neither a dem or a repub,but I AM a conservative.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:22 pm
Thanks, mm, I'm curious if the sentiments of others will be similar.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 12:40 pm
LionTamerX wrote:

Ha... good one Tico.

Remember who Marc Rich's lawyer was ?

I'll give you a hint...

His nickname is "scooter"

What's your point?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 12:44 pm
JPB wrote:

Yes, I think he would face a primary challenge if he were running again, and I doubt very much that he would be the nominee. But I'd certainly vote for Bush if the alternative was either Gore or Kerry.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 11:46 am
So Tico, failure and incompetance are the two qualifications you seek when voting for a president.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 11:48 am
xingu wrote:
So Tico, failure and incompetance are the two qualifications you seek when voting for a president.

Come on, there is so much more: arrogance and illiteracy to name a few. Tico is not a two issue voter.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 12:33 pm
I believe Tico said he would NOT vote for Kerry or Gore already.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 01:49 pm
Good post, McGentrix.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:07 am
0 Replies