Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:18 pm
From that glorious online source, wikipedia....

Media career

In early 2001, Hilton began to develop a reputation as a 19-year-old socialite, being identified as "New York's leading It Girl" whose fame was beginning to "extend beyond [...] the New York tabloids".[5] The leak of her then three-year-old sex video in 2003 fueled an "Internet frenzy" a week prior to the premiere of The Simple Life, leading to speculation that it was a deliberate publicity stunt.[6] Hilton has strongly denied such claims and stated she was "embarrassed" and "humiliated" by the publicity brought by the tape.[7]

In recent years Hilton has gained recognition and income by appearing in television, movies, television commercials, and modeling photographs. According to Forbes Magazine's annual Celebrity 100, Hilton earned approximately $2 million in 2003-2004,[8] $6.5 million in 2004-2005,[9] and $7 million in 2005-2006.[10]
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:23 pm
Looks like evidence to me. Smile

By the way, watch out liberals.....the next generation of the Nascar redneck wing of conservatism is coming on Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPEsa5e7K0
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 03:13 pm
Fox, your linked piece has to do with free trade, not tax cuts for the wealthy. No one, I think, is opposed to free trade.

Does it really make sense to you that this country ran huge deficits so as to cut taxes for the super rich, people who don't need, and didn't ask for, the cuts? The cuts are stupid, and typical of Bush's actions.

I think every respectable economist has stated that the cuts are a negative for the country. They produced very few jobs, and mostly went to people who were not likely to use the money for job creation (e.g., Heinz and Hilton). The massive national debt largely produced by Bush is weighing down the country, and make us a poorer nation. Greenspan recently made a statement to this effect.

Interestingly, Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, and the country realized huge job creation and prosperity during his terms of office. Essentially everything Bush as done as governor and president has been for wealthy individuals and corporations.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 03:57 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Looks like evidence to me. Smile

By the way, watch out liberals.....the next generation of the Nascar redneck wing of conservatism is coming on Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPEsa5e7K0

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 04:02 pm
Advocate wrote:
Fox, your linked piece has to do with free trade, not tax cuts for the wealthy. No one, I think, is opposed to free trade.

Does it really make sense to you that this country ran huge deficits so as to cut taxes for the super rich, people who don't need, and didn't ask for, the cuts? The cuts are stupid, and typical of Bush's actions.

I think every respectable economist has stated that the cuts are a negative for the country. They produced very few jobs, and mostly went to people who were not likely to use the money for job creation (e.g., Heinz and Hilton). The massive national debt largely produced by Bush is weighing down the country, and make us a poorer nation. Greenspan recently made a statement to this effect.

Interestingly, Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, and the country realized huge job creation and prosperity during his terms of office. Essentially everything Bush as done as governor and president has been for wealthy individuals and corporations.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 04:05 pm
McGentrix wrote:
From that glorious online source, wikipedia....

Media career

In early 2001, Hilton began to develop a reputation as a 19-year-old socialite, being identified as "New York's leading It Girl" whose fame was beginning to "extend beyond [...] the New York tabloids".[5] The leak of her then three-year-old sex video in 2003 fueled an "Internet frenzy" a week prior to the premiere of The Simple Life, leading to speculation that it was a deliberate publicity stunt.[6] Hilton has strongly denied such claims and stated she was "embarrassed" and "humiliated" by the publicity brought by the tape.[7]

In recent years Hilton has gained recognition and income by appearing in television, movies, television commercials, and modeling photographs. According to Forbes Magazine's annual Celebrity 100, Hilton earned approximately $2 million in 2003-2004,[8] $6.5 million in 2004-2005,[9] and $7 million in 2005-2006.[10]

Ok, you got me. Paris Hilton is very adept at signing her name/likeness to everything that is thrown her way. That is the mark of a successful business person. Forget bringing companies that are dying back to life, that's not successful story; Paris Hilton GAVE PERMISSION for a video game company to use her NAME/LIKENESS, now that is truly acheiving something. THAT is the mark of success.

Also she "was involved" is a purfume line. As in, "She let a purfume manufacturer use her NAME". I wonder how much else she was involved in? pricing, manufucturing, marketing, advertising, competetive research, customer engagement/testing, etc.

She a great role model for a business person to strive too. I'm sure they'll assign her best selling book "Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose" CO-WRITTEN (read: she signed her name) by someone else to be studied at Harvard Business School. Her 'unauthorized sex tape' will be required viewing for all MBA programs.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 04:24 pm
Hard working people? You mean like Heinz, and the Walton, Dupont, and Mellon heirs, et al. Those are the people who got the vast majority of tax dollars.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 05:03 pm
Advocate wrote:
Hard working people? You mean like Heinz, and the Walton, Dupont, and Mellon heirs, et al. Those are the people who got the vast majority of tax dollars.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 06:04 pm
Advocate, I believe you should follow foxfyres' example and not read anything you don't inherently agree with prior to reading it.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 06:10 pm
Dys:

Huh????????????
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 06:22 am
maporsche wrote:
Ok, you got me. Paris Hilton is very adept at signing her name/likeness to everything that is thrown her way. That is the mark of a successful business person. Forget bringing companies that are dying back to life, that's not successful story; Paris Hilton GAVE PERMISSION for a video game company to use her NAME/LIKENESS, now that is truly acheiving something. THAT is the mark of success.

Also she "was involved" is a purfume line. As in, "She let a purfume manufacturer use her NAME". I wonder how much else she was involved in? pricing, manufucturing, marketing, advertising, competetive research, customer engagement/testing, etc.

She a great role model for a business person to strive too. I'm sure they'll assign her best selling book "Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose" CO-WRITTEN (read: she signed her name) by someone else to be studied at Harvard Business School. Her 'unauthorized sex tape' will be required viewing for all MBA programs.

She made 7 million dollars last year... did you come close to that?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 08:55 am
Maybe someone can direct me. I looked in the papers and couldn't find where Bush will travel to Iraq to help them celebrate their fifth year of being liberated.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 09:04 am
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Nope, not close. I already gave in, you win. Paris Hilton will be talked about for years to come and her successfulness will be an inspiration to MBA's for years to come. She is the ultimate business person, a role model for all Americans.

Typical conservative, you're measure of success stops at the pocket book. 7 Million = "successful business person".
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 09:10 am
Advocate wrote:
Maybe someone can direct me. I looked in the papers and couldn't find where Bush will travel to Iraq to help them celebrate their fifth year of being liberated.

Why arent you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 09:13 am
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Nope, not close. I already gave in, you win. Paris Hilton will be talked about for years to come and her successfulness will be an inspiration to MBA's for years to come. She is the ultimate business person, a role model for all Americans.

Typical conservative, you're measure of success stops at the pocket book. 7 Million = "successful business person".

You said:

maporsche wrote:
Could you show me where that link says that Paris Hilton having more money to spend on designer clothing does not create more jobs in countries where this clothing is made?

I was not saying anything against free trade, just pointing out that Ms. Hilton spends a lot of money on clothes, and now has a little mroe to spend.

All I did was point out that it wasn't the tax breaks that gave Paris Hilton money to spend, rather work (a 4 letter word for liberals) gave her money to spend on designer clothes.

Her TV shows provide many people with jobs, her perfume and purse lines provide people with jobs, her parents hotel chains provide people with jobs, her providing her name to a videogame provides people with jobs.

It's not how much money she makes that makes her successful, it's the work she does to make that money that makes her successful.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 03:52 pm
McGentrix wrote:

You said:
maporsche wrote:
Could you show me where that link says that Paris Hilton having more money to spend on designer clothing does not create more jobs in countries where this clothing is made?

I was not saying anything against free trade, just pointing out that Ms. Hilton spends a lot of money on clothes, and now has a little mroe to spend.

All I did was point out that it wasn't the tax breaks that gave Paris Hilton money to spend, rather work (a 4 letter word for liberals) gave her money to spend on designer clothes.

Her TV shows provide many people with jobs, her perfume and purse lines provide people with jobs, her parents hotel chains provide people with jobs, her providing her name to a videogame provides people with jobs.

It's not how much money she makes that makes her successful, it's the work she does to make that money that makes her successful.

You're arguing a point that I never made. I never said that Paris didn't work for her money. I said that the tax breaks GAVE PARIS MORE to spend. Are you trying to tell me they didn't?

THEN, YOU made the laughable point, that you've now backed away from, that Paris "is a successful business person". All of my points since then are towards proving this to be completly and utterly UNPROVEN at best, and false at worse.

I'm sure you know plenty of people who make money yet are not successful. Success is about more than making money, yet that seems to be the only thing you've tried to use to prove your point that she "is a successful business person".
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 08:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I like your logic.

You're right. It's not a question of how much she works, or how much she earns. It's a question of how many people have a job, thanks to her.

I guess that means that Santa Claus is the most successful businessman in the world, given that he provides millions of people with jobs.

Wouldn't you agree?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 10:53 pm
Mr Bush said on Monday:
"It can be tempting to look at the challenges in Iraq and conclude that our best option is to pack up and go home. That may be satisfying in the short run...."

"Satisfying" must have a different meaning over there.

Satisfying would be if Bushco would be made to answer for their criminal mismanagement and lies.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 04:06 am
In his day, Einstein was a celebrity, just 'cause he was smart. Today, we literally consider money as a better measure of worth than intelligence. Einstein then, Paris Hilton now. Progress?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 06:33 am
old europe wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I like your logic.

You're right. It's not a question of how much she works, or how much she earns. It's a question of how many people have a job, thanks to her.

I guess that means that Santa Claus is the most successful businessman in the world, given that he provides millions of people with jobs.

Wouldn't you agree?

I will leave it to your Mom to tell you about Santa Claus.
0 Replies