Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:31 am
Thomas wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Not that you actually have substantive criticism of his positions, though.

Of course not! She told you, she isn't listening to him.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:37 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Not that you actually have substantive criticism of his positions, though.

Of course not! She told you, she isn't listening to him.

"Not listening" is American vernacular for "refusing to obey or adhere to or take seriously." It has nothing to do with not knowing what is being said.

Here is just one example of a Krugman doom and gloom scenario that translates into downright error at best, more likely mistatement to create a false impression, or possibly a flat out lie:
http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_luskin/luskin042303.asp

There are many, many, many more such examples.

Sure; but none provided by you, Foxfyre. Just ad hominem.

The fact that Luskin's numbers in that article you posted, also turn out to be inaccurate? I note that you didn't say anything at all about that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:02 am
It is a bit hard to believe that giving big tax cuts to the likes of Paris Hilton and Teresa Heinz created a lot of jobs. The fact is that the cuts were a big give away for the wealthy. Even conservative economists have said that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:05 am
Advocate wrote:
It is a bit hard to believe that giving big tax cuts to the likes of Paris Hilton and Teresa Heinz created a lot of jobs. The fact is that the cuts were a big give away for the wealthy. Even conservative economists have said that.

Maybe it is a bit hard for a liberal to believe, Advocate, but even a liberal can educate himself on this stuff. Start HERE
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:07 am
Advocate wrote:

Lots of jobs in Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc where all their designer clothing is made.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:11 am
maporsche wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Lots of jobs in Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc where all their designer clothing is made.

And HERE are some good references to pursue for your education on that, Maporsche.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:14 am
Bush Pleads for Patience in Iraq War
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:32 am
Foxfyre wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Advocate wrote:

And HERE are some good references to pursue for your education on that, Maporsche.

Could you show me where that link says that Paris Hilton having more money to spend on designer clothing does not create more jobs in countries where this clothing is made?

I was not saying anything against free trade, just pointing out that Ms. Hilton spends a lot of money on clothes, and now has a little mroe to spend.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:41 am
maporsche wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Could you show me where that link says that Paris Hilton having more money to spend on designer clothing does not create more jobs in countries where this clothing is made?

I was not saying anything against free trade, just pointing out that Ms. Hilton spends a lot of money on clothes, and now has a little mroe to spend.

Well sombody has to receive those shipments into the USA, ship them to stores, stock them, press them, hang them up, advertise them, sell them, tax the revenue they generate. I would guess every job in Malaysia etc. has created at least two jobs here. So thank you Paris Hilton. (God I can't believe I just said that--I am SICK of Paris Hilton, but that has absolutely nothing to do with her money or who makes her clothes.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:47 am
Paris Hilton has money to spend because her family built a very lucrative hotel chain. That didn't happen over night and it certainly did not happen for free.

Paris Hilton has money to spend because people pay for her signature lines and products she endorses.

Paris Hilton does not have more money to spend because of tax breaks, but rather someone in her family earned it. A concept too many liberals are unfamiliar with.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:53 am
McGentrix wrote:
Paris Hilton has money to spend because her family built a very lucrative hotel chain. That didn't happen over night and it certainly did not happen for free.

Paris Hilton has money to spend because people pay for her signature lines and products she endorses.

Paris Hilton does not have more money to spend because of tax breaks, but rather someone in her family earned it. A concept too many liberals are unfamiliar with.

Yep, the lottery that is conception sure did help out Paris.

I love your comment though. Basically your saying that Paris deserves the money because her ancestors did very well for themselves (she has no actual talent for anything), and then you lambast liberals about earning their money.

Please tell me again what Paris Hilton knows about EARNING money.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:58 am
You DO know that only INCOME is taxed? That wealth is not taxed? That's somewhere in Economics 101 too. So the fact that the liberal leftwing wacko group picked Paris for their anti-tax cut poster girl only shows how little they really know about the subject. Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:07 pm
Ah, you changed that Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:14 pm
I took out the word 'inherited'. In fact, most inherited wealth in the USA is not taxed but hers was in a bracket that there probably was a pretty hefty one time inheritance tax on what she received. But now she pays normal income tax on interest or investment income that she can't shelter somewhere and most likely a big bunch of whatever income she receives is sheltered. That's one of the fallacy of trying to 'tax the rich'.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:15 pm
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I love your comment though. Basically your saying that Paris deserves the money because her ancestors did very well for themselves (she has no actual talent for anything), and then you lambast liberals about earning their money.

Is that envy, or jealousy? So hard to tell those apart.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Neither. Emotions have nothing to do with FACTS.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:08 pm
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Nonsense. You have let your disdain for someone like Paris Hilton to blind you to the fact that she is a successful business person. It must kill you to think that some one like her can be successful and wealthy for doing so little (it seems) while we have so many poor people in the world.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:06 pm
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Nonsense. You have let your disdain for someone like Paris Hilton to blind you to the fact that she is a successful business person. It must kill you to think that some one like her can be successful and wealthy for doing so little (it seems) while we have so many poor people in the world.

Hold on. There is PLENTY that I like about Paris Hilton. Believe me. None of those things has to relate to her being a 'successful business person', which I would be foolish to assume she is. I would imagine that she has several dozen advisors and career managers that make all the important decisions for her (panty-less crotch shots and all). There is absolutly ZERO evidence that SHE is a successful business person.

There is no 'disdain' here, just calling a spade a spade.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:11 pm
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
maporsche wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Hold on. There is PLENTY that I like about Paris Hilton. Believe me. None of those things has to relate to her being a 'successful business person', which I would be foolish to assume she is. I would imagine that she has several dozen advisors and career managers that make all the important decisions for her (panty-less crotch shots and all). There is absolutly ZERO evidence that SHE is a successful business person.

There is no 'disdain' here, just calling a spade a spade.

You obviously watch too much E! or something because you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about beyond your envy of Paris Hilton's success.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
I don't have a clue whether Paris is or is not successful at anything other than making tawdry headlines. But would you accept that she is the beneficiary of other people's business success? And is that wrong? I mean are you cutting your kids out of the will because you earned the money and they didn't?
0 Replies