Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:32 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Ah, I see we are both unusually silly today. I believe I misread your tone.

Good afternoon to you.

Well I probably misread yours too. Beautiful day isn't it?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:07 pm
Couldn't be more lovely.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:23 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Very good. Now, how did that make you feel?

And to whom are you addressing that? And why did you pick that particular member to address it to? And what do you think the comment you are addressing meant? Do you have strong feelings about that? Why? Could you comment on why you felt compelled to express it? And good morning.

Oh good Lord. I was trying to lighten your mood. That'll teach me.

Lighten the mood? You just got me dizzy!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:46 pm
I have that effect on men.

I think it must be the gas.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:51 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I don't agree with you McTag.

You think that because GWB was chosen to lead the Republican Party he is deserving ipso facto of your support, which you very fulsomely give him.

If however you looked at his deeds and what he has wrought, and the status of your country on the international forum now compared with during the time before his election, you would be bound to arrive at a different opinion.

However I am pleased to note the erosion of his support as more of the US electorate look at the facts, and realise that most of them have been deliberately duped and very badly let down.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:34 pm
Quote:

Bush Orders Review of Military Hospitals

Terence Hunt

A day earlier, the Pentagon announced the firing of Army Maj. Gen. George W. Weightman, the commander of Walter Reed. In a brief announcement, the Army said service leaders had "lost trust and confidence" in Weightman's leadership abilities "to address needed solutions for soldier outpatient care." It said the decision to fire him was made by Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey.

Bush, in his radio address, said he had asked Defense Secretary Robert Gates to make a firsthand assessment of conditions at Walter Reed. "He confirmed to me there are real problems at Walter Reed and he has taken action to hold people accountable, including relieving the general in charge of the facility.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070302/walter-reed

Oooooh, the irony!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:39 pm
From The Times
March 02, 2007

Oh George, what will we do when you're gone?
Our columnist on an easy target for America-bashers - Gerard Baker

Somewhere, deep down, tucked away underneath their loathing for George Bush, in a secret place where the lights of smart dinner-party conversation and clever debating-society repartee never shine, the growing hordes of America-bashers must dread the moment he leaves office.

When President Bush goes into the Texas sunset, and especially if he is replaced by an enlightened, world-embracing Democrat, their one excuse, their sole explanation for all human suffering in the world will disappear too. And they may just find that the world is not as simple as they thought it was.
Even as some future Democratic president proclaims his commitment to renewing alliances, he is sure to be greeted with all kinds of explanations as to why the Europeans are just not quite ready to make that a joint ownership. When that moment comes, everyone will be urgently wishing they still had George Bush to blame.
SOURCE
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:47 pm
George Bush destroyed many things beyond international respect and diplomacy which might take some time before any president earns back the respect we once had.

We don't have to tell anybody about George Bush now or after he's gone. Many will remember him without our need to remind them of the destruction he reeked on humanity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:49 pm
Another thought: conservatives still blame Clinton for many things after he's been gone for six years. We can expect Bush to take the heat(negative rhetoric) for much longer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:58 pm
Another head rolled from the Department of Defense.

Army secretary resigns in scandal's wake
By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer
9 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey abruptly stepped down Friday as the Bush administration struggled to cope with the fallout from a scandal over substandard conditions for wounded Iraq soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

The surprise move came one day after Harvey fired the two-star general in charge of the medical center in response to disclosures of problems at the hospital compound.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Harvey had resigned. But senior defense officials speaking on condition of anonymity said Gates had asked Harvey to leave. Gates was displeased that Harvey, after firing Maj. Gen. George Weightman as the head of Walter Reed, chose to name as Weightman's temporary replacement another general whose role in the controversy was still in question.

"I am disappointed that some in the Army have not adequately appreciated the seriousness of the situation pertaining to outpatient care at Walter Reed," Gates said in the Pentagon briefing room. He took no questions from reporters.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:54 pm
"She's harmless - don't read her if you don't want to - I only post her to rile up the libs."

All common excuses for Republicans who like to post Coulter articles, which allows them to outsource their inner a$$hole to someone else; to express that which they wish to express but know they shouldn't.

Today at CPAC -

Quote:

If the word had been "kike" or "n*gger" would you still defend her?

Who will rush to her defense that she's just 'being funny?'

I'd love to see

The Video

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:01 pm
Quote:

Poll Shows Bush Is Losing Support of Republicans

By MARJORIE CONNELLY
Published: March 2, 2007

In the months since the Congressional elections, President Bush has lost substantial support among members of his own party, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Mr. Bush's approval rating dropped 13 percentage points since last fall among Republicans, 65 percent of whom now say they approve of the way he is handling his job as president, compared with 78 percent last October.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/02/washington/02approve.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:07 pm
McTag wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I don't agree with you McTag.

You think that because GWB was chosen to lead the Republican Party he is deserving ipso facto of your support, which you very fulsomely give him.

If however you looked at his deeds and what he has wrought, and the status of your country on the international forum now compared with during the time before his election, you would be bound to arrive at a different opinion.

However I am pleased to note the erosion of his support as more of the US electorate look at the facts, and realise that most of them have been deliberately duped and very badly let down.

Foxfyre Without realizing it, you identified a trait in bush that Fascists have. A Fascist would dupe people into believing and telling them what they want to hear for power to control. like Blatantly going to war with Iraq before even considering congress. A fascist is basically a bully....Bush and his "short man's attitude is a bully.
But you got it! Bush has done more damage to the American Phyche and status in the world within the first six months of the 2000 term.
What I don't understand is that in 2000 I jumped up and down and yelled from the roof tops that Bush was Dumb as a rock, too stupid to be Presidential material. To me Bush was so obviously inept (i'm no intellectual) but I know a when someone is Presidential. Yet so many people couldn't see it or were just steadfast in having a Republican President no mater the cost. I remember one person said, "well, he'll put smart people around him!" That may have been the moment when I really realized how our gene pool has gotten infected. He will still have to decipher what they tell him.
Arguably Gore would have faired better, (never got the chance ) and being much more articulate, a thinker and has the ability to make good decisions. Not decisions for his political base, the rich, Christian cohorts, or the people he thinks he can control.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:09 pm
Snookered, I am just amazed that you deduced that I said anything at all from something McTag wrote. Of course McTag apparently fancies himself as a mind reader so who knows. Maybe exposure to that stuff is catching.

It really is a lovely day, however, though the wind is blowing this afternoon.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:22 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

It really is a lovely day, however, though the wind is blowing this afternoon.

I hate to spoil your delusions, errr, I mean day, Foxy.

Quote:

March 2nd, 2007 1:12 am

Salt Lake Mayor calls for Washington Legislature to support resolution to impeach President Bush

By Doug Smeath / Deseret Morning News

When President Clinton was impeached, it was a partisan exploitation of a law broken not at the expense of the nation but in a personal matter, Rocky Anderson says. When President Andrew Johnson was impeached, it was simply over policy disagreements.

But when it comes to President Bush, "Never before has there been such a compelling case for impeachment and removal from office of the president of the United States," the Salt Lake City mayor told a Washington state Senate committee today.

The mayor was invited to Olympia, Wash., by Sen. Eric Oemig, D-Kirkland, to testify in support of the first-term lawmaker's proposed resolution that would call on Congress to investigate possible impeachment of Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

In his written testimony, Anderson wrote that impeachment "should be pursued when, as in the case of George W. Bush, a president misleads Congress and the American people in taking our nation to war; authorizes and supports the kidnapping, incarceration without charge and torture of human beings; demonstrates contempt for the rule of law and for specific laws passed by the United States Congress; and blatantly violates fundamental constitutional protections afforded citizens of the United States."

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660199916,00.html

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:49 pm
From JTT's post: But when it comes to President Bush, "Never before has there been such a compelling case for impeachment and removal from office of the president of the United States," the Salt Lake City mayor told a Washington state Senate committee today.

All Bush is now accomplishing is to slow down and stop what the majority of Americans want from our government. He's become a hindrance to our republic, and should be removed from office before he does more harm to us and the world.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:25 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
From The Times
March 02, 2007

Oh George, what will we do when you're gone?
Our columnist on an easy target for America-bashers - Gerard Baker

Somewhere, deep down, tucked away underneath their loathing for George Bush, in a secret place where the lights of smart dinner-party conversation and clever debating-society repartee never shine, the growing hordes of America-bashers must dread the moment he leaves office.

When President Bush goes into the Texas sunset, and especially if he is replaced by an enlightened, world-embracing Democrat, their one excuse, their sole explanation for all human suffering in the world will disappear too. And they may just find that the world is not as simple as they thought it was.
Even as some future Democratic president proclaims his commitment to renewing alliances, he is sure to be greeted with all kinds of explanations as to why the Europeans are just not quite ready to make that a joint ownership. When that moment comes, everyone will be urgently wishing they still had George Bush to blame.
SOURCE

For a minute I actually thought that you had an original thought. Didn't see the Tribute to the Times. Since you did post anothers thoughts and words, you must believe them. Anyone can cut and paste. But you disgust me! A person playing intelligent but in actuality so so much. What's worst is that you believe everything you read, especially a fishwrapper.
Let's see what about the past six years that's so great (why not include the past seven to include when the real religious terrorists zealots flew planes into The Twin World Towers. That is a great start to the nest seven years.
There are reasons for labels put on people, racial profiles, and it's interesting how many rumors turn out to be true. It it act's like a moron, talks like one, dismisses suggestions requested, goes to war then tells congress, then this is MORON BUSH.
The President in office usually does take blame sometimes unduely. However, not before Bush has the United States lost respect with so many nations. He is a joke around the world. It's not by happenstance that Bush gets labeled. It's because many of our problems are directly derived by his inadequate understanding of world relations and human relations for that matter.
Reputations are not a fluke. By far reputations are earned and true, wether you like it or not.
Bush and bush alone decided to invade Iraq. He owns this tragedy. I knew and know that this war cannot be won. I have said it before. So why would Bush get into a unwinable war? Because he has traits of a FASCIST PEOPLE! The consequences of his actions, American Troops getting blown apart, innocent Iraquis getting killed by the thousands. Kidnappings, beheadings, terrible bombs tearing heavily armoured tanks and blowing our soldiers apart.
This is Bushs' stupidity and is why HE GETS BLAMED.
I suppose Haliburton and Cheney rings no bell in you mind? There is a reason people get reputations good or bad.

What I find most disgusting in this article, is not one single mention about all the American soldiers killed and maimed.

If your not shamed you might be a Fascist.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:35 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

BUT,when Nancy and the dems were sworn in,they made apoint of saying that they would work a full week every week.
They havent done so yet,andI am wondering why not?

But, MM, your link is to what appears to be a meeting schedule. Are you drawing a conclusion that the House members are not working if they are not meeting on the floor?

I have only two meetings this week, too, both on Thursday, but I come to work every day.

No,that wasnt my conclusion at all.

BUT,with a little bit of research,I could find the comments from some on the left on here complaining that the previous congress was a "do nothing" congress,with the least amount of sessions and the least amount of actual "floor time" of any congress in history.
Then it was congress was not working,now its "they are working,just not having sessions on the house floor".

So,using that same logic,the previous congress,whether they were meeting with constituents,having committee meetings,or meeting on the house floor,were still working,werent they?

Why is it now OK to not have sessions in the house,but it wasnt ok for the repubs to do the same thing?
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Another head rolled from the Department of Defense.

Army secretary resigns in scandal's wake
By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer
9 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey abruptly stepped down Friday as the Bush administration struggled to cope with the fallout from a scandal over substandard conditions for wounded Iraq soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

The surprise move came one day after Harvey fired the two-star general in charge of the medical center in response to disclosures of problems at the hospital compound.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Harvey had resigned. But senior defense officials speaking on condition of anonymity said Gates had asked Harvey to leave. Gates was displeased that Harvey, after firing Maj. Gen. George Weightman as the head of Walter Reed, chose to name as Weightman's temporary replacement another general whose role in the controversy was still in question.

"I am disappointed that some in the Army have not adequately appreciated the seriousness of the situation pertaining to outpatient care at Walter Reed," Gates said in the Pentagon briefing room. He took no questions from reporters.

What is this site anyway? I don't need to get a news update here. Why post something that we all see on the news?
Atleast comment on it...jeeze!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:40 pm
mysteryman wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

BUT,when Nancy and the dems were sworn in,they made apoint of saying that they would work a full week every week.
They havent done so yet,andI am wondering why not?

But, MM, your link is to what appears to be a meeting schedule. Are you drawing a conclusion that the House members are not working if they are not meeting on the floor?

I have only two meetings this week, too, both on Thursday, but I come to work every day.

No,that wasnt my conclusion at all.

BUT,with a little bit of research,I could find the comments from some on the left on here complaining that the previous congress was a "do nothing" congress,with the least amount of sessions and the least amount of actual "floor time" of any congress in history.
Then it was congress was not working,now its "they are working,just not having sessions on the house floor".

So,using that same logic,the previous congress,whether they were meeting with constituents,having committee meetings,or meeting on the house floor,were still working,werent they?

Why is it now OK to not have sessions in the house,but it wasnt ok for the repubs to do the same thing?

Oh, it's not just the 'floor time'; the 109 was the do-nothing congress b/c they didn't get anything done.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies