Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

snookered

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 12:32 pm
mysteryman wrote:
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Has anyoneelse noticed that the House of Reps has not yet worked a full 5 day work week?

When they were sworn in,that was one of their major promies,butthey havent done it yet.
According to their own published schedule,they are only working 3 days this week...

http://www.house.gov/house/floor/thisweek.htm

Didnt they promise to work a full week,EVERY week?

Are you, in your usual fair and balanced manner, trying to draw a comparsion to this group, MM?

Quote:

"They call it the Tuesday to Thursday Club," said Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Tenn. "That means you get here Tuesday night, you have a few easy votes, you vote on Wednesday and then you go back home Thursday afternoon. And that, believe it or not, is considered a work week in Washington."

Rank-and-file members of Congress earn $165,200 a year, and this year for the first time they took off for a St. Patrick's Day holiday.

Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas, said voters wonder why he spends so much time in Houston instead of Washington. "I've been hearing from people saying they see me more than they do their city council member," Green said.

He said that is one reason Congress is held in low esteem, adding, "poll numbers for Congress are dismally low, in fact lower than the president's." A recent Associated Press poll found that only 25 percent of the country approves of the job Congress is doing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=1955256&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

You either have no shame or no brains.

No,I am not trying to draw a comparison.

BUT,when Nancy and the dems were sworn in,they made apoint of saying that they would work a full week every week.
They havent done so yet,andI am wondering why not?

JTT...After your one line attack at my post, I decided to look at some of your posts. Not surprisingly, the are mostly one and a half lines. They are usually attacks.
The Democratic led Congress did more in the first 100 days than the Republican unled congress did in 6 months. This is where your confused MM. Also, MM to answer your question, "did anyone else notice the House hasn't worked a full five day work week?"
This is not true, as I said above. You try to make us think that you actually new or had knowledge of this....No MM your thonly person who read the paper that day.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:25 pm
Would these folks be welcomed to this thread?

Quote:

Conservative Bush-Bashing Convention

WASHINGTON - Except for the low-heeled pumps, this could almost be a Netroots convention. Well, that and guys handing out Brownback bumper stickers.

Still, the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that began this morning is a three-day extravaganza of activism in which purists, not pragmatists, are on parade -- and they are busy bashing the president.

"We cannot afford to be 'Bush Republicans,'" Phyllis Schlafly said, to great applause, in the vast Omni Hotel's largest ballroom. "This has got to be a grassroots party," and works best as such, as when "the whole conservative movement rose up to tell George Bush that we could not have Harriet Miers on the Supreme Court."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melinda-henneberger/conservative-bushbashing_b_42385.html

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:31 pm
Doesn't this just scream hypocrisy? And what happens to his boss, nothin'.

If you compare the soiling that has occurred at the hospital to that of the country, that general probably should get a huge raise.

Quote:
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:45 pm
JTT wrote:
Doesn't this just scream hypocrisy? And what happens to his boss, nothin'.

If you compare the soiling that has occurred at the hospital to that of the country, that general probably should get a huge raise.

Quote:

Jeeze every post I read of your is dumber then the last. I'd be willing to bet you don't even know who his boss is? I know you think you do, but your wrong. (no fair googling for the answer)
I'm a 100% disabled Vietnam Combat vet. I believe that wounded soldiers are much more important than your your compared soiling to the country. Again, you don't back up what you say.
The Medical conditions there at that one wind are deplorable. The Comanding General was exactly the correct person to fire. I suppose you would fire the maintenance men. I surprised they didn't. It is rare for a Commanding General to be fired.
Looks who goes to prison for the supposid torture of terrorists who chopped off heads.
One would have to endured the wrath of war to understand.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:01 pm
McTag wrote:
I see from figures published this morning in The Independent, Mr Bush's so-called "War on Terror" is having a counter-productive effect.

Now who would have thought that would happen?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2311307.ece

Me. I knew it would happen.

Glad you've opened up some diplomatic channels now, Mr President.
Shame it's taken so long, and so many lives.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:45 pm
That general who got canned at Walter Reed was on the job for six months. Bush has been at his job for six years, and he's still on the job. Something is drastically wrong.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
Taking a deep braeth and re-centering.

I will not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in exercises of futility......I will not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in exercises of futility.....I will not. . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:10 pm
bye-bye, Fox.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:55 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

It's gonna take much more than a deep "braeth" to re-center you, Foxy, you ole far right wing wacko. :wink:
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:10 pm
The person who should be fired is the political hack Bush appointed to head the agency. His background is that of a political advisor, and is the type of person whose primary concern would be cutting costs and slavishly obeying every Bush whim.

He typifies the Bush appointee: a person who opposes the general mission of the government agency of which he is the administrator.

For informtion on Jim Nicholson, the Secretary, see: http://www1.va.gov/opa/bios/biography.asp?id=29
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:05 am
Foxfyre wrote:

I will not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in exercises of futility......I will not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in exercises of futility.....I will not. . . .

You don't argue with idiots, Foxy.

You agree with them! Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 08:39 am
I don't agree with you McTag.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 08:41 am
Very good. Now, how did that make you feel?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:00 am
FreeDuck wrote:

And to whom are you addressing that? And why did you pick that particular member to address it to? And what do you think the comment you are addressing meant? Do you have strong feelings about that? Why? Could you comment on why you felt compelled to express it? And good morning.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:36 am
McTag wrote:
McTag wrote:
I see from figures published this morning in The Independent, Mr Bush's so-called "War on Terror" is having a counter-productive effect.

Now who would have thought that would happen?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2311307.ece

Me. I knew it would happen.

Glad you've opened up some diplomatic channels now, Mr President.
Shame it's taken so long, and so many lives.

I knew that going to war with countries that have been waging Holy war for 4000 years was futile. I knew this war was UNWINABLE, as did many people I suppose, if they could think ahead and had common sense. Both of which BUSH lacks.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:13 am
From this morning's e-mail:

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is currently polling Americans through the internet to determine the electability of Hillary Clinton for the presidency of the United States in 2008.

If you would like to show your support for Hillary and encourage her to run for President of the United States in 2008 please add your name to the list below and send it on.

1. Jesse Jackson, VP Candidate
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:15 am
Foxfyre wrote:
From this morning's e-mail:

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is currently polling Americans through the internet to determine the electability of Hillary Clinton for the presidency of the United States in 2008.

If you would like to show your support for Hillary and encourage her to run for President of the United States in 2008 please add your name to the list below and send it on.

1. Jesse Jackson, VP Candidate

Then? Crickets.

I honestly don't know who supports her.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:50 am
Foxfyre wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

And to whom are you addressing that? And why did you pick that particular member to address it to? And what do you think the comment you are addressing meant? Do you have strong feelings about that? Why? Could you comment on why you felt compelled to express it? And good morning.

Oh good Lord. I was trying to lighten your mood. That'll teach me.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:53 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Oh good Lord. I was trying to lighten your mood. That'll teach me.

Hey I was being unusually nice. Lordy, Lordy. Just a bit of understanding. That's all I ask. (But at least I know you were addressing the post to me instead of McTag now. Smile)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
Ah, I see we are both unusually silly today. I believe I misread your tone.

Good afternoon to you.
0 Replies