Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:53 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
revel wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
revel wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Well we do consider the source as we consider all you wonderful Bush supporters who provide your pithy and insightful comments no matter how rude, wrong, or irresponsible they might be. Either the most flaming liberals are the most judgmental, hateful, and irresponsible people on earth as a group, or they are the most stupid in the way they attempt to sell their ideology by trashing anybody with a different point of view on any issue.

Pot meet kettle

Really? Would you like to cite illustrations of conservatives coming onto liberal threads for the purpose of saying hateful, antagonistic, and/or stupid things? Peruse the Democrat Gloat thread for instance, not that you guys seem to be able to keep that going, and see how many instances of trolling, spamming, and/or hateful attack posts you can find from the conservatives there, at least on a scale anywhere near approximating the trolls, spammers, and anti-Bush, anti-conservative hate posts that are regularly posted on this thread.

Take your time. I'll wait.

Again I have no problem with those who come onto this thread for the purpose of engaging in constructive differences in points of view. Such are welcomed and encouraged and don't receive any grief whatsoever from those of us who asked for one thread in which we could discuss conservative issues without nasty harrassment from the trolls.

This whole posts is completely not connected to comments which led to my commenting, "pot meet kettle." For proof there is need to go further than this post.

You didn't say anything about this sacred thread which we heathens have come onto in your post which is quoted at the top of this post and which I responded with "pot meet kettle." You said how rude, wrong and irresponsible our posts are. I consider yours and some of your fellow conservative just as rude, wrong, and irresponsible.

There is no need to go dragging post even if I could do it right, posters that have been here for awhile probably already know what each of is talking about and have their own views of it.

Well apart from the fact that you are reading more into my post than what I wrote and a lot of what you are saying in this post makes no sense at all, I'll take this as a sort of twisted admission that you can't find any cases of Conservative trolling, spamming, and hate posts in liberal threads. This thread, even the Version IV portion of it, contains quite a few examples making my point however.

That's the whole point; there are no 'liberal' or 'conservative' threads here on A2K. You don't get special privileges to post in certain places just because you are of a certain political bent.

If you're looking to post and talk to Conservatives or Bush Supporters only, you're in the wrong place completely. I would suggest a different website.

Cycloptichorn

Jespah didn't repeat it when he unexplainably locked Version III and started this thread. But if you had read the thread starter of the other three versions and/or read the pleadings and opinions of Conservatives in this thread, you would khow that the PURPOSE of this thread is for people who don't despise George W. Bush to be able discuss conservative issues without harrassment from hateful trolls. We are happy to discuss the pros and cons of those issues and that's why reasonable, intelligent liberals are also welcome here.

That's a great opinion that you have there. The problem is, whose judgement of 'reasonable, intelligent liberal' are we going with?

I have seen many, many reasonable and intelligent liberals post here and be yelled at for doing so, because the Republicans don't like what was posted - regardless of the reason or intelligence involved in the post.

I disagree with the notion that this thread is special in some way. It would be absolutely the only thread on A2K which was protected from topic wandering and shift, and for no good reason whatsosever.

The PURPOSE of this thread is no different than the purpose of any other thread on A2K, and it's silly for you to feel any different.

Quote:

Comprende?

A perfect example of a question that you never, ever need to ask me.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:01 pm
Cyclop
Quote:
I have seen many, many reasonable and intelligent liberals post here and be yelled at for doing so, because the Republicans don't like what was posted - regardless of the reason or intelligence involved in the post.

Perhaps you could point out a reasonable and intelligent liberal post that got a member yelled at here. But please don't try to pass off trolling, spamming, hatemongering, and personal attacks as reasonable and intelligent.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cyclop
Quote:

Perhaps you could point out a reasonable and intelligent liberal post that got a member yelled at here. But please don't try to pass off trolling, spamming, hatemongering, and personal attacks as reasonable and intelligent.

All a matter of opinion; every single criticism of your arguments is a personal attack, remember.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:08 pm
Foxy, can you cite something showing Fitzgerald saying that Plame was not covert? I really doubt it.

Regarding Iraq, even former administration officials have said that Bush put out phony, cherrypicked, or incomplete intelligence to support its intention to invade.

George, it is downright silly to say that our unprovoked invasion of Iraq is the equivalent of Israel defending itself from forces in Lebanon and Palestine.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:16 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cyclop
Quote:

All a matter of opinion; every single criticism of your arguments is a personal attack, remember.

Cycloptichorn

Nope. Ad hominem is directed at the member instead of the argument sort of like your statement here. I have NEVER EVER complained at a honest criticism of my arguments and thoroughly enjoy debating a topic. There are so few liberals who are capable of doing that without throwing in ad hominems though its tough to find people who can actually debate.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:17 pm
Foxy, this CNN piece directly contradicts you. It quotes the judge's instructions pointing to THE PROSECUTORS' CONTENTION THAT LIBBY EXPOSED PLAME'S COVERT PROFESSION.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/22/cia.leak/

"Prosecutors contend Libby disclosed Plame's covert profession to reporters as part of a plan to discredit her husband, Joseph Wilson, a former ambassador who alleged that the Bush administration twisted some intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:21 pm
The following paragraph from your link:

"Prosecutors contend Libby disclosed Plame's covert profession to reporters as part of a plan to discredit her husband, Joseph Wilson, a former ambassador who alleged that the Bush administration twisted some intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cyclop
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Nope. Ad hominem is directed at the member instead of the argument sort of like your statement here. I have NEVER EVER complained at a honest criticism of my arguments and thoroughly enjoy debating a topic. There are so few liberals who are capable of doing that without throwing in ad hominems though its tough to find people who can actually debate.

I'm sorry, but I find this laughable. There have been many instances in which you have claimed exactly this - that a criticism of your arguments equals a personal attack.

For example, see your Freedom of Academic thought thread, in which you claimed over and over again that attacks upon your argument were in fact personal attacks.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:24 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Comprende?

Cycloptichorn

Probably because you never will. Foxfyre should have realized that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Comprende?

Cycloptichorn

Probably because you never will. Foxfyre should have realized that.

You almost got it right, which is better than anyone would have guessed you able. Another great, useless throwaway comment by you to move the convo forward though, congrats.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:51 pm
Advocate wrote:
Foxy, can you cite something showing Fitzgerald saying that Plame was not covert? I really doubt it.

Regarding Iraq, even former administration officials have said that Bush put out phony, cherrypicked, or incomplete intelligence to support its intention to invade.

George, it is downright silly to say that our unprovoked invasion of Iraq is the equivalent of Israel defending itself from forces in Lebanon and Palestine.

Advocate, neither he nor the Grand Jury found that any law had been broken in the outing or alleged outing of Valerie Plame. No indictments of any kind were forthcoming and he stated there would be none forthcoming on that issue. Libby was not indicted for outing Valerie Plame. He was indicated on five counts of perjury or misstatement of facts, not for going after or outing Valerie Plame or for going after Joe Wilson. The matter is now with the jury and I am fairly certain Libby will be acquitted of all charges.

The evidence is clear that Plame had not been covert for seven years prior to her 'outing'. She and her husband were pictured together on his website for heaven's sake--with her name right there. She was listed as his wife in his Who's Who in America entry. Fitzgerald had known for years before the indictment that it was Armitage and not Libby who 'outed her'.

The Leftwing drive by media did their damndest to convict Bush, Rove, Cheney, et al, and all wound up with egg on their face.

If you are really serious with your question, here are some good sources with some good background:

http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/Comment/ByronYork/051106.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/mccarthy/mccarthy200507180801.asp

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/16/AR2007021601705.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair (not ever my first choice for proof of anything but usually has some good keywords for further research.)

Now your turn: Where is your evidence that prior administration officials have said Bush knowingly put out phony, cherry picked, or incomplete evidence prior to the invasion of Iraq?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:08 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cyclop
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm sorry, but I find this laughable. There have been many instances in which you have claimed exactly this - that a criticism of your arguments equals a personal attack.

For example, see your Freedom of Academic thought thread, in which you claimed over and over again that attacks upon your argument were in fact personal attacks.

Cycloptichorn

I think if you'll go back and reread you'll see that I was not at all offended by those offering different points of view from mine. I was offended by you and others calling me various uncomplimentary adjectives for my point of view. I know the difference between the two. I suggest you think about it and you might actually understand the difference yourself.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Advocate, neither he nor the Grand Jury found that any law had been broken in the outing or alleged outing of Valerie Plame. No indictments of any kind were forthcoming and he stated there would be none forthcoming on that issue. Libby was not indicted for outing Valerie Plame. He was indicated on five counts of perjury or misstatement of facts, not for going after or outing Valerie Plame or for going after Joe Wilson. The matter is now with the jury and I am fairly certain Libby will be acquitted of all charges.

The evidence is clear that Plame had not been covert for seven years prior to her 'outing'. She and her husband were pictured together on his website for heaven's sake--with her name right there. She was listed as his wife in his Who's Who in America entry. Fitzgerald had known for years before the indictment that it was Armitage and not Libby who 'outed her'.

The Leftwing drive by media did their damndest to convict Bush, Rove, Cheney, et al, and all wound up with egg on their face.

If you are really serious with your question, here are some good sources with some good background:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/16/AR2007021601705.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair (not ever my first choice for proof of anything but usually has some good keywords for further research.)

Now your turn: Where is your evidence that prior administration officials have said Bush knowingly put out phony, cherry picked, or incomplete evidence prior to the invasion of Iraq?

This

Quote:
No indictments of any kind were forthcoming and he stated there would be none forthcoming on that issue.

Is contra-factual. Fitz never stated that there would be no forthcoming indictments on this issue. I challenge you to post where he did.

And this

Quote:

The evidence is clear that Plame had not been covert for seven years prior to her 'outing'. She and her husband were pictured together on his website for heaven's sake--with her name right there. She was listed as his wife in his Who's Who in America entry.

Is also ridiculous. You are conflating two ideas in an attempt to protect your boy Libby. It is plainly obvious that the secret wasn't that Plame existed, it wasn't that she was Wislon's wife, it was that she worked for the CIA. Which wasn't listed in Who's who, wasn't on Wilson's website, wasn't written anywhere. Ridiculous attempt to confuse the issue on your part - or perhaps it was yourself who was confused?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Advocate wrote:

This

Quote:
No indictments of any kind were forthcoming and he stated there would be none forthcoming on that issue.

Is contra-factual. Fitz never stated that there would be no forthcoming indictments on this issue. I challenge you to post where he did.

Just look in the links I posted for Advocate. I'm pretty sure you'll find more than one reference to that.

Quote:
And this

Quote:

The evidence is clear that Plame had not been covert for seven years prior to her 'outing'. She and her husband were pictured together on his website for heaven's sake--with her name right there. She was listed as his wife in his Who's Who in America entry.

Is also ridiculous. You are conflating two ideas in an attempt to protect your boy Libby. It is plainly obvious that the secret wasn't that Plame existed, it wasn't that she was Wislon's wife, it was that she worked for the CIA. Which wasn't listed in Who's who, wasn't on Wilson's website, wasn't written anywhere. Ridiculous attempt to confuse the issue on your part - or perhaps it was yourself who was confused?

Well I saw it on the website with my own eyes. I'm not sure about the Who's Who entry but it is widely reported that her name appeared and appears in his bio there. At any rate the links I posted for Advocate pretty much put that issue to rest. Or perhaps you have credible links of your own--articles that have not subsequently shown to be in significant factual error--to dispute the facts in the links I posted?

And Libby isn't 'my boy'. He is a U.S. citizen who, if the jury acquits him, has had his name and career maliciously dragged through the mud, and honorable Americans everywhere should be able to recognize and deplore the injustice that was done to him.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:40 pm
Plame's name and marriage were never secret. What was secret was her job at the CIA. Giving that away was treason. The paragraph I posted shows that Fitzgerald thought she was covert.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:42 pm
Guwhah? I don't understand either of what you just said.

Quote:

Just look in the links I posted for Advocate. I'm pretty sure you'll find more than one reference to that.

Sorry for you, but I not only looked at the links, I read the whole things - and I found nothing like what you claimed Fitzgerald said when you stated that he stated

Quote:

You actually need to show where he stated this, or claim that you don't know if he said this or not; the vagueness of your memory of where you saw him say this, doesn't help the discussion much.

Second,

Quote:

Well I saw it on the website with my own eyes. I'm not sure about the Who's Who entry but it is widely reported that her name appeared and appears in his bio there.

Gyargh!

Her picture has never been secret.

Her name has never been secret.

Her marriage to Joe Wilson has never been secret.

The only secret was the fact that she worked for the CIA. I guarantee that you didn't read that in Who's who or on Wilson's website. You aren't answering my point that this info has nothing to do with the case at all.

Quote:
At any rate the links I posted for Advocate pretty much put that issue to rest.

Actually, not a single one puts this issue to rest, at any point. You're going to have to point out where they do instead of Appealing to Authority, or drop the point.

Quote:
Or perhaps you have credible links of your own--articles that have not subsequently shown to be in significant factual error--to dispute the facts in the links I posted?

Is this an honest request? I don't want to be accused of muddying the sacred waters of the thread. If so, here's a letter to the WaPo from LC Johnson - an actual CIA member, who was Plame's compatriot and worked with her for years

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/2/26/145044/030

Quote:
Dear Ms. Howell:

Instead of turning to someone who actually knows the truth you prefer to bury your head in the sand of ingnorance. It is not just my word. You can ask a host of retired CIA officers who can verify that Valerie Plame was covert until her identity was compromised in the Robert Novak article. The willful ignorance of the Post is a disgrace to journalism. The number of people who can vouch for Valerie's identity is significant. Ask Tyler Drumheller, Chief of the European Division of the CIA Directorate of Operations. Ask Robert Grenier. Ask me. Ask Jim Marcinkowski.

Ask Mike Grimaldi. Ask Brent Cavan. Ask Gary Berntsen. Ask Mike Gorbel. instead of talking to CIA officers who know firsthand, you rely on Victoria Toensing, who has ZERO experience as a CIA officer. Hell, ask John McLaughlin. Ask Bill Harlow (oops, I forgot, he already told your reporters she was undercover and asked them not to report it.)

Your ignorance and cowardice on this is breathtaking.

Larry Johnson

Now, will you claim that Johnson is not credible? He seems to assert - from a greater position of knowledge than any Republican pundit or writer - that she was in fact covert. He specifically names about a dozen others who back up his assessment, each with personal and actual experience with the CIA and Plame. I'm afraid I'd have to take the word of those with experience in the matter over that of Republican pundits.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:44 pm
You didn't read very carefully then because it is there. And I do not consider the Daily Kos to be a reliable source for ANYTHING. And many more reliable media sources claiming Plame was covert have had to eat their words though few have been honest enough to admit that. Have a good day.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:48 pm
When the point has come where quick assertions without facts are substituted for logical argument, what is one to do?

I assert that you are completely false about your claim about Fitzgerald and what he said.

I assert that nowhere in your posts will you find Fitz actually saying what you've said.

I assert that someone who posts at DailyKos is no less reliable or credible than anyone who posts anywhere else. Character assassination is one of the prime complaints on the Right when it comes to, say, Global warming and taking funds from Exxon, but there's no problem with it when it involves the Left, it seems.

I assert that there have been no media sources forced to 'eat their words' about Plame's status.

I assert that you are incapable of admitting you are wrong - again - and will continue your errors, much to the amusement of myself and others.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:55 pm
It needs to be pointed out that just because Libby wasn't indicted on releasing classified information does not mean that he didn't do it. It means that the prosecutor hasn't found enough evidence to prove that he did. Sort of like OJ in the way that everyone knows he did it, but the evidence wasn't quite conclusive.

It's not surprising that the evidence is hard to find, I mean with Libby lying repeatedly about what he knew and when, the cover-ups, the mis-statements, the convenient forgetfulness, etc.
0 Replies