Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 12:04 am
georgeob1 wrote:
I was once the general manager of the (now closed) U.S. nuclear weapons plant at Rocky Flats near Denver, Co..

Does that mean we can quote you or at least include you in the references/bibliography in a report?

Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 12:41 am
I didn't mentione George - if I had known, I looked around better. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 01:10 am
From today's The Observer (page 22)

http://i15.tinypic.com/358t0uh.jpg
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 04:17 am
Some of the people on this thread just don't support George Bush at all.

Shocked
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:27 am
A writer mentioned in today's papers that, before attacking Iraq, Bush claimed that he was looking for a peaceful solution to the Iraq issue. Thus, Bush's current claims that the administration is seeking a peaceful solution to the conflict with Iran should be viewed with considerable suspicion.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:33 am
My hat is off to Prince Harry. It would be great to have someone in the Bush family join him in Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 02:00 pm
Advocate wrote: My hat is off to Prince Harry. It would be great to have someone in the Bush family join him in Iraq.

The BIG difference is Prince Harry IS from royalty, while king Bush thnks he is.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:35 am
Advocate wrote:
My hat is off to Prince Harry. It would be great to have someone in the Bush family join him in Iraq.

The Bush family is a very large family and I would be surprised if some aren't in Iraq. I would also be surprised if that was widely publicized to avoid making such persons into the media circus that Prince Harry's presence in Iraq will surely be. I don't fault Prince Harry for going, of course, but do you honestly think he will experience any of what the guys doing the hard duty are doing? Will they put him seriously into harm's way? Or will he be like others who go to satisfy the family tradition or get just enough active duty for a resume for later political ambitions?

The young men and women out there who joined to serve their country and who are doing the hard duty are true heroes and deserving of all the respect, encouragement, hope, and honor that we can give them.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:37 am
Advocate wrote:
A writer mentioned in today's papers that, before attacking Iraq, Bush claimed that he was looking for a peaceful solution to the Iraq issue. Thus, Bush's current claims that the administration is seeking a peaceful solution to the conflict with Iran should be viewed with considerable suspicion.

The peaceful intent of Iran should be viewed with considerable suspicion.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:51 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Advocate wrote:

I've just seen a long TV documentary about Iran, and so I know a lot about it. :wink:

I think Iran will go the way of Libya.

Ahmadinejad is losing his grip. Most Iranians don't want to hear that rhetoric any more. Most Iranians want a progressive, viable society and the mad clerics will not be able to persuade them otherwise. They've had their war, they beat Iraq, and millions were killed.

The only thing that will pull them together behind a military machine is for Bushco to continue on the same path as at present, with threats of bombing and military strikes.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:54 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Iran does not have the dismal track record that the USA has. Iran did not overthrow the elected leader of the US and install a puppet leader as the US did in Iran.

Count the other countries where the USA has been involved in, is still involved in terrorist activities against sovereign nations. Cuba comes immediately to mind. Now count the countries where Iran has done the same. No comparison, Tico.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:57 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I don't fault Prince Harry for going, of course, but do you honestly think he will experience any of what the guys doing the hard duty are doing? Will they put him seriously into harm's way? Or will he be like others who go to satisfy the family tradition or get just enough active duty for a resume for later political ambitions?

I suppose, most of the answers to your questions can only be given afterwards.

Lt. Winsor, Prince Henry of Wales, is with his regiment, The Blues and Royals, on a six month tour of Iraq, in an active combat zone.

Might be, you Americans call don't call that hard duty.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:01 am
I have high hopes that you will one day read and respond to what I actually say Walter, instead of popping off something snotty to what you want me to have said.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:04 am
I wouldn'tget your hopes too high Fox. Walter can't help his nature.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:26 am
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:38 am
McGentrix wrote:
I wouldn'tget your hopes too high Fox. Walter can't help his nature.

I can't remeber that you ever met me ... or are you the second A2K-identity of someone I know?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:39 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I have high hopes that you will one day read and respond to what I actually say Walter, instead of popping off something snotty to what you want me to have said.

Sorry, that's what I intended to do.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:41 am
Foxfyre wrote:

http://i12.tinypic.com/35jjgk3.jpg[/quote
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:43 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I wouldn't get your hopes too high Fox. Walter can't help his nature.

I can't remember that you ever met me ... or are you the second A2K-identity of someone I know?

I have only your posts to judge you by. If you wish to be judged differently, post differently. Your responses are terse and argumentative, I believe they are purposefully so.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:46 am
You were talking about my "nature".

I doubt that can be done via responses here.
But it might certainly be so.

Thanks for your analysis, McG.
0 Replies