Air America Crashes Burns Franken prematurely ejectulates...

Lash

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 12:27 am
Yep. Failed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,018 • Replies: 111
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 04:08 am
I guess liberals are just not cut out for hate radio.

Joe(damn this too much brains)Nation
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 04:58 am
Bankrupt Air America Finds Buyer

By The Associated Press
(Broadcasting & Cable) _ Air America Radio, the struggling liberal counterpoint to conservative talk radio, is being bought out of bankrupty by Stephen Green, chairman of SL Green Realty.

He is also the brother of frequent Air America guest and host Mark Green.

According to a release announcing the deal, Stephen Green says the network will look to expand to "other platforms" beyond radio.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 06:07 am
harangue radio and spittle on the mike dont seem to garner a lot of liberal listeners. They are usually listening to audio books . Their standards of proof are based upon more than mere volume . OH if it were that liberals were all simple minded enough to buy anything delivered at a rapid pace and high decibels.

Ill bet that , if Rush Limbaugh were to be an A2k member and would be a participant in a thread, his cred' would be demolished in short order. The only thing he's got on his side is a "kill" button and an ability to turn down the volum of anyone who disagrees wityh him.

Conservatives generally like authority and being told what to think.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 07:09 am
Joe Nation wrote:
I guess liberals are just not cut out for hate radio.

Joe(damn this too much brains)Nation

Or maybe thie station was just not entertaining and had no message.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 07:19 am
Liberals were far too busy frothing at the mouth listening to Rush, Hannity, Savage and others to pay any attention to Air America. Who can blame them though, conservative talk radio is far more entertaining.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 07:56 am
The december 10 date on this piece might be a tad stale, given the AP story from a day or two ago that Snood notes. Ya gotta keep up with things, lash.

The problem really is as Farmerman states it. Right wing radio is pointed at the World Federation of Wrestling/Monster Truck Rally/Baywatch crowd. Not a lot of readers here.

An option for such an enterprise as Air America could be to adopt the National Review model. That is, don't concern yourself at all with a lack of audience and consequent financial viability - merely get funded by someone with deep pockets and a political agenda.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 08:01 am
McGentrix wrote:
Liberals were far too busy frothing at the mouth listening to Rush, Hannity, Savage and others to pay any attention to Air America. Who can blame them though, conservative talk radio is far more entertaining.

sort of like a cock fight or a really bad multi vehicle accident....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 08:20 am
Liberal and conservatives do not want information presented the same way. Conservatives seems to love a father figure telling them how to think, telling them the stories of the world and interpreting the events for them. The tone is overall negative and bullying. "We're right, they're wrong PERIOD"- isn't is all safe and secure that way. Don't like the results?- just deny them (global warming, civil war in Iraq, poverty in America etc). When things go bad, just remember God loves us best, Jesus is coming soon. Al Franken made the mistake of thinking he could talk like this to the liberal audience and I know I was turned off, the tone of AA was too much like conservative radio.

I prefer to laugh along with Jon Stewart who just runs an actual tape of George Bush speaking and then rolls his eyes at the obvious idiocy. I think the Daily Show is speaking more to liberals by looking at actually moments and then goofing on it. When I want to make my own serious judgements I listen to NPR, BBC, CNN and a host of other sources. I know Air America was sold, but unless they make a complete overhaul, I will not be listening.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:17 am
I think I heard that Franklin was going to make a Senate run. Anyone heard different or even the same?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:27 am
Franklin? Where?

(Al Franken is talked of a lot - all the papers are full of that today.)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:31 am
Baldimo wrote:
I think I heard that Franklin was going to make a Senate run. Anyone heard different or even the same?

I heard that too (NPR source), I think they said his home state is Minnesota, but I wasn't paying close attention.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:38 am
Green Witch wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I heard that too (NPR source), I think they said his home state is Minnesota, but I wasn't paying close attention.

Are there two in discussion? I only find news about Al Franken and Minnesota.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:39 am
Yep, saw it on Yahoo last night.

Here's one article about it (AP):

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/topstories_story_032091515.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:43 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Are there two in discussion? I only find news about Al Franken and Minnesota.

Yeah, he spelled Franken wrong, we get it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:08 am
of course you get it.... you guys are brilliant.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:18 am
He's running (looks certain now) against Norm Coleman who holds the seat with rockclimber-like tenuosity. Coincidentally, Franken grew up in that state (Minnesota) and Coleman grew up in New York. There's just no getting around it, those jewish people are everywhere.

Franken is a liberal.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:21 am
McGentrix wrote:

Yeah, he spelled Franken wrong, we get it. Rolling Eyes

Sorry, but this was a setious question, especially, since the name was repeated/not corrected in the other post.

I'm sure, McG, that you are fluent with the names of our German lawmakers and wouldn't ask at all if it is Fricke or Fridrichs.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:24 am
All that matters Walter is that McGentrix could kick those Germans asses if his knees were only up to it. He's a warrior. :wink:

Warriors don't need to know about spelling and other such pussy activities. That's for effete liberal intellectuals.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:58 am
Did someone really write off Conservative radio as not a serious source for news while promoting Jon Stewart for same? Laughing I only heard Franken once (when a hurricane knocked out power, so my choices were limited) and he sounded every bit a hyper-partisan fool as Rush Limbaugh. When it comes to news, I prefer news, thank you.
0 Replies