thanks!

good feelings right back at ya!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:49 pm
@fishin,
soooo, how much does she weigh now?

Laughing

I'm guessing around 22 - 23, but you're a year overdue on an update.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:54 pm
@ehBeth,
pssst fishin psssssssst
0 Replies

yoonius

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:23 am
I've always been in love with the Shiba Inu. The way they look and their smaller size. And finally, after many years, I adopted a 10 month old pup from Houston. He was very, very dominant and was displaying it with my other dog which is a heeler/rottie mix from the get-go. But over time, I've managed to show my Shiba that he is not the one paying my mortgage. Folks, I do not recommend this dog unless you're willing to understand/respect the breed and it's characteristics. They are not lap dogs and never will be for the most part. They are truly like cats with a serious streak of independence. And only follows you around if you have treats. It took me 6 months of patience and tenacity to help him learn to walk properly on a leash and come when called. I recommend a bag-pack to help them release their "fiery" energy level on walks unless you're a runner. They will run until they drop dead. It's been almost 8 months now and we finally respect and trust one another. We love him to bits and will always have a Shiba from this point on. But please do your research before getting one and talk first-hand with Shiba owners for tips and advice.
0 Replies

Haro

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 05:00 am
@fishin,
Hey I have a pure bread Shiba Inu. He is 15 weeks old, his colour is supposed to be sesame red, but he is developing a black spot on his tail its very unique. I dont mind the way it looks but am not sure if this is normal??? Also how do I stop him from biting, I have tried the whole ouch thing that doesnt seem to help!
0 Replies

angelmistake

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 08:10 pm
I have a Shiba inu mix and we'll he is very sociable he loves to get pet and will literally push his head into my hand if he wants to be pet he loves to be next to me but it's hard teaching him his basic commands but I've managed to teach him the sit and lay down command he doesn't come on command unless he choose to come he does have his independency so he mostly like to keep to himself he can become very protective and he does have food aggression towards other dogs when it's human food but he doesnt have food aggression with dog food over all my 3yr old boy storm the Shiba inu mix is very good
0 Replies