THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ, ELEVENTH THREAD

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:23 pm
Iraq did not attack the US or any other country to precipitate our invasion, Ican.

I don't know why you clog up the threads by posting the same exact **** over and over again; it is not evidence of anything at all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:36 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Iraq did not attack the US or any other country to precipitate our invasion, Ican.

I don't know why you clog up the threads by posting the same exact **** over and over again; it is not evidence of anything at all.

Cycloptichorn

Iraq tolerated in Iraq the growing training camps of those who did precipitate our invasion of Iraq.

What I repeat is the evidence that our invasion of Iraq was legal. I bring it up repeatedly because you and others who think like you keep bringing up your **** that our invasion of Iraq was illegal. Stop bringing up this **** of yours and I'll stop flushing it.

Again:
Quote:

http://www.worldpress.org/specials/iraq/article51.htm
Article 51: Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defense shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

Quote:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/moussaouiindictment.htm
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA

ALEXANDRIA DIVISION
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
-v-
ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI

Overt Acts
In furtherance of the conspiracy, and to effect its objects, the defendant, and others known and unknown to the Grand Jury, committed the following overt acts:
The Provision of Guesthouses and Training Camps
1. At various times from at least as early as 1989, Usama Bin Laden, and others known and unknown, provided training camps and guesthouses in Afghanistan, including camps known as Khalden, Derunta, Khost, Siddiq, and Jihad Wal, for the use of al Qaeda and its affiliated groups.
The Training
2. At various times from at least as early as 1990, unindicted co-conspirators, known and unknown, provided military and intelligence training in various areas, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Sudan, for the use of al Qaeda and its affiliated groups, including the Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
Financial and Business Dealings
3. At various times from at least as early as 1989 until the date of the filing of this Indictment, Usama Bin Laden, and others known and unknown, engaged in financial and business transactions on behalf of al Qaeda, including, but not limited to: purchasing land for training camps; purchasing warehouses for storage of items, including explosives; purchasing communications and electronics equipment; transferring funds between corporate accounts; and transporting currency and weapons to members of al Qaeda and its associated terrorist organizations in various countries throughout the world.
The Efforts to Obtain Nuclear Weapons and Their Components
4. At various times from at least as early as 1992, Usama Bin Laden, and others known and unknown, made efforts to obtain the components of nuclear weapons.

The Fatwahs Against American Troops in Saudi Arabia and Yemen
5. At various times from in or about 1992 until the date of the filing of this Indictment, Usama Bin Laden, working together with members of the fatwah committee of al Qaeda, disseminated fatwahs to other members and associates of al Qaeda that the United States forces stationed on the Saudi Arabian peninsula, including both Saudi Arabia and Yemen, should be attacked.

The Fatwah Against American Troops in Somalia
6. At various times from in or about 1992 until in or about 1993, Usama Bin Laden, working together with members of the fatwah committee of al Qaeda, disseminated fatwahs to other members and associates of al Qaeda that the United States forces stationed in the Horn of Africa, including Somalia, should be attacked.

The Fatwah Regarding Deaths of Nonbelievers
7. On various occasions, an unindicted co-conspirator advised other members of al Qaeda that it was Islamically proper to engage in violent actions against "infidels" (nonbelievers), even if others might be killed by such actions, because if the others were "innocent," they would go to paradise, and if they were not "innocent," they deserved to die.

The August 1996 Declaration of War
8. On or about August 23, 1996, a Declaration of Jihad indicating that it was from the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan entitled, "Message from Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Laden to His Muslim Brothers in the Whole World and Especially in the Arabian Peninsula: Declaration of Jihad Against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Mosques; Expel the Heretics from the Arabian Peninsula" was disseminated.

The February 1998 Fatwah Against American Civilians
9. In February 1998, Usama Bin Laden endorsed a fatwah under the banner of the "International Islamic Front for Jihad on the Jews and Crusaders." This fatwah, published in the publication Al-Quds al-`Arabi on February 23, 1998, stated that Muslims should kill Americans - including civilians - anywhere in the world where they can be found.

10. In an address in or about 1998, Usama Bin Laden cited American aggression against Islam and encouraged a jihad that would eliminate the Americans from the Arabian Peninsula.

Bin Laden Endorses the Nuclear Bomb of Islam
11. On or about May 29, 1998, Usama Bin Laden issued a statement entitled "The Nuclear Bomb of Islam," under the banner of the "International Islamic Front for Fighting the Jews and the Crusaders," in which he stated that "it is the duty of the Muslims to prepare as much force as possible to terrorize the enemies of God."

Usama Bin Laden Issues Further Threats in June 1999
12. In or about June 1999, in an interview with an Arabic-language television station, Usama Bin Laden issued a further threat indicating that all American males should be killed.

Usama Bin Laden Calls for "Jihad" to Free Imprisoned Terrorists
13. In or about September 2000, in an interview with an Arabic-language television station, Usama Bin Laden called for a "jihad" to release the "brothers" in jail "everywhere."
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:42 pm
more ican clap trap crap............Bush committed criminal acts, Bush and all his lovefest supporters should go to prison together...Crimes not becoming an American.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:01 pm
BillW wrote:
more ican clap trap crap............Bush committed criminal acts, Bush and all his lovefest supporters should go to prison together...

More BillW clap trap crap. Both Al Qaeda, and Iraq Baathists -- and all their lovefest supporters, committed criminal acts and should go to prison together.

You and people who think like you are aiding and abetting these criminals with your stupid allegations.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:10 pm
If the superpower status were reversed between the US and Iraq, and Iraq attacked us, ican et al would still feel the same about their attack on us. There's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:38 pm
BillW wrote:
more ican clap trap crap............Bush committed criminal acts, Bush and all his lovefest supporters should go to prison together...Crimes not becoming an American.

Repeat after me, "Everybody knew it was an authorization for war. Everybody knew it was an authorization for war. ................" and maybe someday you will get it. I don't know where you were when the vote was taken, but everyone knew what it meant, everyone I talked to and everyone that was on the news evaluating the vote. Everyone, Bill, except maybe you? And ci, etc., ? And again, are you going to execute the Congress, the CIA, Bill and Hillary Clinton, etc. etc. etc. etc.? Even Valerie Plame said in her book she was fearful that WMD would be used on the troops when they entered Iraq, this is one of the heros of the Iraq opposition, a so-called expert on WMD in the CIA, yes the same CIA that advised Bush.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:38 pm
How about ~ exile or guillotine?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:41 pm
Something else Bill that might be news to you, this is a representative republic and your representatives voted for war, so get over it.

And it was your bureaucracy, the CIA, that provided the intel, the same CIA that was said to be rendered no longer needed or as important by some of your Democrats after the cold war was over.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
okie
Let me clarify my views without cut and paste.
Anybody who uphhold USA's role after butchering, torturing, raping Iraq in the name of WMD and 11th september are not DECENT PERSONS
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:06 pm
Does anybody else besides me find this really offensive?

Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) warned Army Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker on Thursday "not to put a shine on recent events" in Iraq when they testify before Congress next week.

"I hope we don't hear any glorification of what happened in Basra," said Pelosi, referring to a recent military offensive against Shiite militants in the city led by the Iraqi government and supported by U.S. forces.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9370.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:08 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) warned Army Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker on Thursday "not to put a shine on recent events" in Iraq when they testify before Congress next week.

"I hope we don't hear any glorification of what happened in Basra," said Pelosi, referring to a recent military offensive against Shiite militants in the city led by the Iraqi government and supported by U.S. forces.

I am sure most of the liberals here will find it spot on and cheer Pelosi on becasue of it.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:13 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
If the superpower status were reversed between the US and Iraq, and Iraq attacked us, ican et al would still feel the same about their attack on us. There's no cure for stupid.

Because you run off at the mouth and don't think, you do not know how others feel about anything, and how to cure your own stupid.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:19 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Quote:

I am sure most of the liberals here will find it spot on and cheer Pelosi on becasue of it.

Pelosi offended me after the first moment she was re-elected! She is just behaving true to form -- power drunk true to form!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:20 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Quote:

And you would be absolutely correct.

See, we don't idolize military leaders the way you righties do. Too many lies from them in the past to believe that they are in any way impartial. They are for the most part, not impartial. They will avoid saying anything that makes their bosses look bad.

I wonder, why you people think anything different?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:33 pm
Thanks to a few military leaders, such as the great Republican, Dwight D. Eisenhower, you aren't living under the rule of some dictator, example Adolph Hitler or his successor(s).
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:35 pm
Quote:
And you would be absolutely correct.

See, we don't idolize military leaders the way you righties do. Too many lies from them in the past to believe that they are in any way impartial. They are for the most part, not impartial. They will avoid saying anything that makes their bosses look bad.

Unless it was either Kerry or Gore.
Those two could do no wrong and everything they said was 100% correct at all times.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:38 pm
okie wrote:
Thanks to a few military leaders, such as the great Republican, Dwight D. Eisenhower, you aren't living under the rule of some dictator, example Adolph Hitler or his successor(s).

I never said that these people weren't good at doing their job. Just that they should not be treated as anything but mouthpieces of the administration who put them there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:49 pm
I was born in India and i know about Gandhi.
I live in Germany and i know something about a jew whose name is Karl Marx.( Jesus is also a fine jew)
I had neven been to the holy exporter of decency.
After my death i will be in USA( HELL)
I am an Athiest
Rama Fuchs
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:01 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I was born in India and i know about Gandhi.
I live in Germany and i know something about a jew whose name is Karl Marx.( Jesus is also a fine jew)
I had neven been to the holy exporter of decency.
After my death i will be in USA( HELL)
I am an Athiest
Rama Fuchs

Rama, you won't ever find heaven on earth, and Karl Marx could never attain it, no matter how many times you repackage his philosophy, it won't work. I would suggest you place your hopes in the afterlife, and to do that, it requires you rethink your atheism.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:08 pm
Ich bin
Rama Fuchs
0 Replies