THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ, ELEVENTH THREAD

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:15 pm
Oh, Soros finances those sources somewhat like the US finances the war in Iraq that ends up killing tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis. How dangerous of Soros!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:32 pm
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Never met or read soro; your fixation is a sickness.

You have knowingly or unknowingly read that which was financed by soros and have been duped by it. That is obvious from what you post. That which you post is harmonious with the Soros financed, Sorosaian propaganda.

What you post is harmonious with Fox /Murdoch so by your own logic you are duped by them.

My posts are generally not harmonious with Fox News except they too advocate we stay in Iraq until the Iraq government can protect the Iraqi people without our help.

My posts are far more harmonius with WJS. It's been that way for a very long time before Murdoch bought it.

As far as being duped is concerned, when a poster repeats often repeated illogical falsity as if it were logical, I generally assume the poster has been duped.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:52 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Oh, Soros finances those sources somewhat like the US finances the war in Iraq that ends up killing tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis. How dangerous of Soros!

Laughing That is a prime example of illogical falsity.

Soros's financed news sources, and you too, repeatedly blame America for the mass murders of civilian non-murderers, mass murderered by non-Americans.

Soros's financed news sources, and you too, repeatedly accuse those defending themselves against genocidal maniacs, as committers of genocide and crimes against humanity.

Soros's financed news sources, and you too, repeatedly falsely allege our invasion of Iraq was illegal.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:58 pm
Yes, I do blame the US for financing this illegal war in Iraq that continues to kill innocent Iraqis. Nobody invited us to start an illegal war in Iraq. President Bush and his henchment did all that by themselves.

Do you still know how much more sacrifice will have to be made for what goals? From my reading of non-Soros media, even Bush doesn't know the goal except he mentions "success." What does "success" look like in Iraq, and when is that supposed to happen?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 10:00 pm
How many more innocent Iraqis will we kill for success to happen?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:38 am
Ican; you are the pot calling the kettle black and that is where I am going to leave this whole stupid soros thing regardless of any responses or denials from you.

I think people just read where their natural inclinations lie and their views reflect that. I have always have my views that I express now long before really getting into current politics or world affairs. I expect you have always been conservatives so your views are going to reflect right wing media whether you admit it or not. It don't mean you are duped any more than I am duped. I know you are going to disagree; but I will just take it as a given and stand by what I say in this post and leave the whole thing at that.

Now back to Iraq.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:50 am
Iraq's parliament lets Baathists back into government

Quote:
"It isn't easy to bring them back," Othman said.

Baathists may not be willing to confess their former affiliations or crimes in exchange for a pension or job from the Shiite-led government, he explained.

"I doubt there is going to be much trust in the beginning for those people to come back," Gilly said. "We still lack many mechanisms to reintegrate them."

Despite the apparent unanimity of support, the measure actually squeaked through in a session that barely made quorum. The Iraqi Accordance Front was split; the party withdrew from the government in 2007 with a list of demands that included easing restrictions on Baath Party members. Iraqi Vice President Tariq al Hashemi's Iraqi Islamic Party voted, but two other parties walked out in protest. Followers of Shiite cleric Muqtada al Sadr banged their desks and walked out when the bill was introduced in December, but remained in their seats on Saturday.

"(The law) may help bring back the Islamic Party (the largest Sunni political party) to the government and pave the road for reconciliation," Othman said.

But some members said the new law doesn't go far enough to help reconciliation and that former Baath Party members won't support a law that doesn't acknowledge their political views.

Saleh al Mutlaq, head of Iraqi Front for National Dialogue, said the government should end de-Baathification and deal with wrongdoers through the court system, regardless of party.

"Justice should be for everybody, accountability should be for everybody," he said. "You can not make the accountability only for Baathists."

Mutlaq said legislators who passed the law are more interested in appeasing U.S. officials using the law as a benchmark for political progress than reconciliation among Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds.

"They want to give the impression they're working on reconciliation," Mutlaq said. "They're bluffing themselves and the Americans by telling others they've done something."
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 02:16 pm
It is unclear how sustainable that—or any of the examples of progress—will prove to be. At some point Sunni tribesman may stop co-operating against Sunni extremists. The death toll may well rise again as the extra American troops start to head home. Sharing of oil revenues may stop if there is no law to ensure that it continues. The lack of political progress in Iraq continues to be a deeply worrying sign. Iraqis have not yet held local and provincial elections, a meaure (or “benchmark”) insisted upon by the Americans. At the weekend, the Iraqis did manage to produce one thing that the Americans have sought: a new law rehabilitating low-level Baathists so they can work in government again. The announcement came just as George Bush visited the region and met his ambassador to Baghdad.

There remains, however, no single picture of an improving Iraq. Instead, conditions differ from place to place, with parts of the country ruled in varying ways by Kurdish nationalists, Sunni sheikhs, Shia Islamists, al-Qaeda affiliates, and with Baghdad increasingly cantonised into Shia and Sunni districts. If the violence continues to decline one might argue that peace, of a kind, is emerging. But the underpinning of political stability remains elusive.
http://www.economist.com/world/africa/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10521721
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 02:58 pm
Rama, This is what happens when people look at Iraq with myopic eyes. They see a reduction in violence and expand that into more than what it really is; they ignore what divides Iraq more than the surface "progress."

They'll never understand why we must leave Iraq in short order. Rather, they would prefer to "stay the course" that only inflicts more dead and maimed, more Iraqi orphans, more starvation, and more of the middle east unsettled. The repair will take much longer for Bush's stubbornness.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 04:27 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rama, This is what happens when people look at Iraq with myopic eyes. They see a reduction in violence and expand that into more than what it really is; they ignore what divides Iraq more than the surface "progress."

They'll never understand why we must leave Iraq in short order. Rather, they would prefer to "stay the course" that only inflicts more dead and maimed, more Iraqi orphans, more starvation, and more of the middle east unsettled. The repair will take much longer for Bush's stubbornness.

You appear to have zero comprehension of the probable major consequences of our leaving Iraq "in short order."

I say the probable consequences of our staying will be a gradual reduction of horror. I say the probable consequences of our leaving "in short order" will be a rapid increase in horror.

It is you who suffers a serious vision impairment. It's called tunnel vision.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 04:51 pm
hamburger wrote:
foxfire wrote :

Quote:
Whether it is in Israel or in Iraq or anyplace else in the world, those who fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian neighborhoods hoping to hit any man, woman, or child who might be there are terrorists, and they deserve to be annilihated.

you may want to be somewhat careful with your remarks !
do you believe that bombs dropped by an airplane from 10,000 to 30,000 feet above ground are ONLY dropped on soldiers and terroristss and NEVER on innocent women and children ?

if you think they never hit innocent women and children , let me know and i can give you my personal experience !
hbg

I have been consistent and have frequently posted that the most glaring obscenity of war is that innocent men, women, and children always die. But the most passionate pacifist who is the least bit intellectually honest will acknowledge that there is a huge difference ibetween dropping bombs on strategic military targets with the intention of taking out those targets and in exploding bombs or firing rockets for the express purpose of killing innocent men, women, and children. In both cases the innocent are at risk. In only one case, however, are the innocent targeted.

Perhaps you should read what I said here about that a bit more carefully?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 04:54 pm
Trying to rationalize the killing of innocents based on 'TARGET" is irrational and unethical. One doesn't justify the other no matter how it's rationalized.

It's unethical and inhumane.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:01 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
hamburger wrote:
foxfire wrote :

Quote:
Whether it is in Israel or in Iraq or anyplace else in the world, those who fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian neighborhoods hoping to hit any man, woman, or child who might be there are terrorists, and they deserve to be annilihated.

you may want to be somewhat careful with your remarks !
do you believe that bombs dropped by an airplane from 10,000 to 30,000 feet above ground are ONLY dropped on soldiers and terroristss and NEVER on innocent women and children ?

if you think they never hit innocent women and children , let me know and i can give you my personal experience !
hbg

I have been consistent and have frequently posted that the most glaring obscenity of war is that innocent men, women, and children always die. But the most passionate pacifist who is the least bit intellectually honest will acknowledge that there is a huge difference ibetween dropping bombs on strategic military targets with the intention of taking out those targets and in exploding bombs or firing rockets for the express purpose of killing innocent men, women, and children. In both cases the innocent are at risk. In only one case, however, are the innocent targeted.

Perhaps you should read what I said here about that a bit more carefully?

Immaterial; there's plenty of proof that our accidents are just as deadly as others' targeting. The net number of innocents dead is unchanged.

From a moral standpoint there is little difference. You can say, 'well, at least we were TRYING to do good.' That's a thin cloak for the cold grave the dead lie in.

Our military targets ARE civilian neighborhoods now, haven't you noticed?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:22 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trying to rationalize the killing of innocents based on 'TARGET" is irrational and unethical. One doesn't justify the other no matter how it's rationalized.

It's unethical and inhumane.

Your position is simplistic.

You fail to recognize that it is inhumane not to do what one can to stop inhumane acts. You fail to recognize that stopping inhumane acts generally requires the perpetrators of inhumane acts to be killed. You fail to recognize that because of human physical limitations, killing such perpetrators often results in killing non-perpetrators in the same vicinity as the perpetrators. You fail to recognize that the best defense for non-perpetrators in the vicinity of perpetrators is either to kill the perpetrators themselves in self-defense, or to leave that vicinity.

One's choice is obvious. Either (1) standby, plead and negotiate with such mass murderers of civilian non-murderers to stop, or (2) actively try to stop such people by murdering them. Historically as well as presently, standing by, pleading and negotiating, results in the continuation--often the escalation--of the mass murder of civilian non-murderers. In the long run, actively trying to stop such people results in fewer murders of civilian non-murderers. Choice (1) is obviously the most inhumane choice available. Choice (2) is obviously the least inhumane choice available.

Some pick choice (1) to postpone their personal risk. Others pick choice (2) to minimize their personal risk.

In either case, both choices are inhumane. But choice (1) is far more inhumane than choice (2).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:58 pm
If you truly believe you have a responsibility to stop inhumane acts on this planet, good luck! You can start with the many countries of Africa; then there are other places in the world where women are still treated like possessions rather than humans. Like I said, good luck.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:13 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you truly believe you have a responsibility to stop inhumane acts on this planet, good luck! You can start with the many countries of Africa; then there are other places in the world where women are still treated like possessions rather than humans. Like I said, good luck.

When people rightly point out the logic of your above statement (or more like it with different words) they always come back with the lame argument of first Iraq...as though we have all limitless resources in the world and as though Iraq is/was the most logical place to start cleaning house of the world and as though we are the world's police.

The bottom of the line is that there was no reason to start killing in Iraq to begin with so the justification of war sucks falls flat in this case. We are the aggressor not the heroes here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:50 am
A reduction in violence now doesn't mean anything; it's what happens after we reduce our troop level to 130,000 that'll have any meaning. And we must look beyond the short-term to see if we really accomplished anything worthwhile with our (surge) sacrifice.

Suicide attack near Iraq mosque kills 9
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 12:06 pm
ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS ...
-------------------------------------------

http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20080115/wbushstaff0115/BushSaudiArabia_188.jpg

BUDDY , CAN YOU SPARE SOME OIL ?

Quote:
Bush urges Saudis to boost oil output
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 12:12 pm
People still refuse to acknowledge what Cheney's secret meeting with all the energy honchos was all about, and why they started the war in Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:13 pm
This is a good reason why "targeted" attacks by airplane is a crime. Although I have a sense that ican et al will not know what this is all about, I'll post it anywhos. Ooops, sorry, we made a mistake, and killed three innocent people.

Israeli airstrike kills 3;a bungled attack, while Islamic militants, enraged by the death of their leader's son in an Israeli raid, bombarded Israel with rocket and mortar fire.
0 Replies