ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Man, that is an exemplary arrest for total blindness from a judge. Or some peculiar court system. Did she have no defense help?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 03:34 pm
@ossobuco,
It is my impression that she appeared alone before the judge. Likely she did not comprehend that the law can be a ass, until too late.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 05:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Where are all those upstanding lawyers when a young woman needs them? Hell, you'd think they would jump at this case feet first!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:33 am
1159a. It feels like Monday. But I know it is Tuesday, because I had to set out the garbage this morning.
1160a. I thought the transformer was about to blow yesterday. We heard continual noise from that direction and at one point the electric went out, shutting down the computer and making us afraid to run both air conditioners for a time.
1161a. I am working a scene for my book, in which I know what I wish to convey, but the words, as well as sequence of action, are kicking my ass. I often have to revisit an episode dozens of times before what ought to be an obvious solution presents itself. In this instance, I feel about as feckless as the first time I attempted to write.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 06:06 am
This Shiner's for you, Ed.
http://media-cache3.pinterest.com/upload/101753272801105927_FCGTaROG_b.jpg

Just want to wish you well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 11:59 am
Thanks neko. >glugglugglugglugglug<
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 02:29 pm
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/moringa002.jpg

Moringa in my back yard. There is another, but it looks the same, so, no picture.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 05:46 am
1162a. By this time yesterday, I was on my way to the job. There was a ruptured hot water tank flooding from upstairs into the apartment below. Not a happy time for me. Oh. The residents also were not happy.
1163a. It is a mystery to me how to get and keep friends. Always has been that way. One of our residents has been my friend for 19 years. She shared her painting materials with me, particularly as her eyes became too dim to pursue that sort of thing any longer. I typed a manuscript for her. When her children bought her a computer she tried to give it to me. I did not accept it and she soon became an addict to collecting buttons via the Internet. Nobody else is allowed to do her work orders. Only six weeks ago, she mentioned that I was her favorite person in all of Tomball. Then, she happened one day to look up a tree. She saw a very high limb that she perceived to be about to drop onto her neighbor's car. Because it was a still morning, I reasoned that the limb was not likely to shake loose for at least another hour or two. I was trying to beat the clock with a project for a move in and so I told her how busy I was, but assured her I would get over to look at it very soon. She then had the assistant manager take a look. The assistant manager told her she would get the ground crew to take it down. Then she came back to me and wanted me to look at it. I was staining a mirror trim for the new resident and put her off. Shortly after that I went to the tree and had a look for myself. She looked at it with me. I explained to her that the branch was still firmly attached to the tree. There was no danger of it falling before the ground crew arrived in a couple of days. From that moment she has avoided me. She used to time taking out her trash so she could say good morning to me working at the pool. Now she uses the dumpster at the other corner of the property so she can avoid me. This woman used to be like Columbo . "Just one more thing, sir -" You couldn't get away from her. Well she eventually must get over it. Or, perhaps not. When we do meet, I pretend I haven't noticed her attitude and speak the same way I always did. Life. Gotta live it, like it or not.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 08:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps the problem is that she is just a bit off emotionally as well as rationally. No reflection on you as it sounds like that was a no-win scenario unless you did exactly what she wanted. She wasn't acting in a reasonable manner.

IMHO, you did the right and most reasonable thing. She'll adjust and most likely put it behind her...and you're honroably following the right path. Some people just don't play fairly and acting civilly is the best you can expect. She may be having some sort of coping issues; however, clearly, you are not having coping issues. It can see is a bit of disappointment that someone who you considered a friend betrayed your trust.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 09:03 am
@edgarblythe,
..and you might say, she is high maintenance (pun intended)!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:13 pm
I vented. I can get over it.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just offering a bit of feedback and support.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:28 pm
@Ragman,
And I appreciate it. I was a bit down over this for a few weeks.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
FWIW, I feel that introspection and objectivity often do not walk on the same paths.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:50 pm
@Ragman,
For sure. Lately I have been tired from pushing and being pushed at work. It is affecting the quality of everything I do, mentally and physically. We are short handed and there is lots of heavy labor these days. It too shall pass. I just need to hang in there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hang in there, edgar. We're there in spirit to boost your mental and physical well being.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 03:09 pm
Thanks. I gonna make it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 05:43 am
1164a. What I have planned for work today may not be too bad. What actually transpires may be a tale of a different sort. "One never knows, do one?" - Fats Waller
1165a. The new lead man may be about to crack under the pressure. It has been a most busy two weeks.
1166a. Finally picked my way through that difficult passage. Later, as I rewrite I will embellish this and many other portions and nip and tuck the rest. I do rewrite as I go, but there is sure to be a major surgery requirement before I surrender it to the mercies of the publishing companies.
1167a. Saw a new squirrel in the yard yesterday. First one to hang around much since I deported all I could catch to the park.
1168a. Glory glory Alice Cooper
Glory glory Alice Cooper
Glory glory Alice Cooper
His shtick is marching on
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:59 pm
1169a. Zimmerman bail revoked - At least he will spend a little time locked up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Lying to the judge is a huge mistake. That $100 grand that he was trying to hide is going to make him more poor and miserable.