Ragman

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
You know you're getting old when it turns out that it's not the pwd you can't recall but your username.
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:47 am
@Ragman,
That would be an even bigger LOL if it hadn't happened to me (way more than once!).
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:48 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is he on Fox news?

lol! classic.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:52 am
@snood,
I feel 'ya. Happens to me all too often.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:40 am
1116a. Breakfast will be buckwheat pancakes today. I mix up the batter, using an egg, milk and olive oil. Then, as the spoon size cakes fry in butter, I prepare the plate to receive them, by laying in chunks of butter, pouring a crisscrossing stream of black-strap molasses, followed with a drenching of raw honey. The cakes on bottom get eaten first, so that all have an equal chance to soak in some of the mixture. This, along with the supplements and a spot more of coffee, makes a filling meal, once or twice a week.
1117a. After I sprayed the soap on my moringa sprouts, the one remains very healthy looking and the one that appeared to have the top eaten has showed some leaves. I shall have my trees yet. And I bought two packets of seeds, just to insure success.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:49 am
@edgarblythe,
Great news! Go moringa!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 05:35 am
1118a. I waged war with a toilet yesterday. It had a tank needing all its parts replaced, including the gaskets in the bottom. But it would not yield to me its bolts and so I had to take them, by force of sawzsall. It was a give and take process, until I got it away from the bowl and could intensify the operation near the workshop. By the time I had it outfitted and ready to return home, the tank had changed its demeanor and cooperated to the end. One hitch, I did not like the new central gasket provided and ran to the hardware store for a nicer one. I left a unit flushing happily.
1119a. I will watch television tonight.
1120a. Many who know me likely think my novel will not get finished. I have made major strides in the right direction, lately and it is slowly edging to completion. No projected date. I will announce the news when I get done, just not the title or the author name to be placed on it.
1121a. My wife's new project is to paint the bedroom. I took a turn at getting over the bed with it last night. It is a nicer color than the wallpaper.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 05:19 pm
@Ragman,
In using so many id's and pwds, I forget many of those site that I visit infrequently. I have them send a temporary pwd to enable access.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 05:29 am
1122a. As I thought. The Mentalist's plan was so transparent it had no chance but to fail. An episode like that makes for negative energy. If the whole show stayed that way I would have to drop off the roll of fans.
1123a. I need to get the bedroom painting finished. Until my wife's project gets done I can't put much into the ones I already have on line.
1124a. The maringa sprouts still seem iffy. But some will eventually get big if I keep at it. My thumb has never been green.
1125a. A Houston police officer was acquitted of official oppression, or whatever it is they get charged with, when they are filmed beating stomping and jumping on a prisoner who has indisputably already surrendered. Of course, all prospective black jurors were excluded because they had already made up their minds. Unlike the white folks, who have the ability to be more analytical. (wink wink)
1126a. Our local political ads almost all vow to stand up to President Obama.
Reyn

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

1122a. As I thought. The Mentalist's plan was so transparent it had no chance but to fail. An episode like that makes for negative energy. If the whole show stayed that way I would have to drop off the roll of fans.

Hi Edgar!

I've watched The Mentalist from the beginning and I must say that the Red John stories are never the best ones. Last night was a classic.

You'll notice that there's never a conclusion to this storyline and, quite frankly, it gets boring and annoying. I don't even care anymore. I just want it to finish.

Simon Baker (as The Mentalist) is a good actor, and there have been some previous non-Red John episodes which I think showed this very well. The storylines were clever, too.

I read an interview with the producer and it appears the Red John stuff will continue. I will have to evaluate whether or not I will continue to watch it or not.

For my money, I think Person of Interest has more potential. Have you seen it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 12:18 pm
You have to invest too much of yourself in Person of Interest, for my taste. I have tried it but have not gotten hooked.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 12:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
mr vw is hooked into it now.

I'm not allowed to visit while it is on...
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 12:30 pm
@Rockhead,
I have a sister that loves it too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:03 am
1127a. The moringa sprouts balanced like little ballerina dancers in the clearing - most may survive. Sadly, one expired. The one I put the soap on.
1128a. Could not rest last night. The entire top of my foot itched so badly that I had to get up and check it out. Concluding that poison ivy had gotten to it, I wet the red blotches with H30. Within minutes the resulting burning from the liquid subsided, as did the itching. I then slept peacefully. The foot is fine this morning. But the first thing I did after getting dressed was to mow the back yard. I discovered a previously undetected growth of the poison ivy just at the edge of the cleared moringa area. Right where I had been kneeling for over a week.
1129a. We don't frequent hamburger joints that often these days. Last night we supped at the Jack in the Box on the far side of Tomball, out toward Rosehill. I have to say, we both felt disgust when my wife's burger was delivered. The one she ordered, the Ultimate Cheeseburger, had in the past been a monument to glorious burger gluttony. One had to be hungry and rather piggish to devour it completely. It had, we discovered, devolved to a small cheeseburger with two thin slices of cheese and an indescribable mess of sauce(s) and a bun. Nothing else. The mrs told the guy, "This isn't an Ultimate Cheeseburger." The guy seemed amused. "Yes it is. Maybe if you had paid for bacon -" Maybe if they had renamed the hsti on that bun Mickey D's, we could have known in advance what they were selling.
Ragman

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Mebbe the sprout was doomed regardless of the soap solution treatment?

Sorry to see you got poison ivy-ed. Where I used to live in northern Mass. poison ivy was considered as the town flower!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:57 pm
@Ragman,
Perhaps. But it was the biggest and looked to be well on its way to that point. Now it is a leafless pole.
Ragman

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
This procedure might be different with other plant shoots but when I start tomatoes from seeds, I do so indoors first in little peat pots .... leaving them indoors in sunlight until they get 3+ in. then harden them off by gradual exposure to outdoors over a week or so. This might be different for your shoots.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:40 pm
I got conflicting instructions. One website recommends to start in the ground. The other says to start them indoors. The first says plant them outdoors because the sprouts are frail and should not get moved. They must remain moist, not constantly flooded. Protect them from termites. The site that has you starting indoors says they can be indoor plants, if you so desire. Once started they grow quickly and are remarkably drought resistant. They do not like to be under 70 degrees.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 09:33 am
1130a. Spent yesterday working on the house exterior. Spent the morning working on the bedroom walls for painting. Ain't gonna do a lot more today. I may build the stair rail. I have many treated boards, all used. They are as good as new ones for most projects. Just cut the bad off and you have a new one.
1131a. I saw zuckerberg got married. Had to google him. Oh, yeah. Facebook guy.
1132a. I was never into disco music, although some of the music was excellent. I had a positive, fun, image of Donna Summer. Too many people dying from cancer.
1133a. I still rely on an old cloth-bound dictionary rather than google a definition, mostly, unless I need an encyclopedic explanation.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 12:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
With the tomato sprouts, I started them indoors in these disolvable peat pots (available in most garden goods places). I would leave them in the peat pots allowing them to be a little damp. Then I'd let them harden off with some gradually increasing outdoor sun and wind exposure over a week or so. Once planted in the soil, the peat pots would disintegrate.

Did this for years with much success (80-90% yield). I can't speak of all situations..but you might try it that way with some of the sprouts.
0 Replies