cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 11:02 am
@edgarblythe,
On 318a, I have seen Hoatzins in the Peru Amazon. Some claim they are a very old species from the time of the dinosaurs. Here's my picture of one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/IMG_0736.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks, CI. I don't recall ever reading about them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:09 am
321a. I think it's a kick in the ass to America's workers that it takes an election to make the government focus on jobs.
322a. I think there will be a few new TV shows on free TV worth checking out this year. Terra Nova, for one. (Yes, I watch television and always will).
323a. I think I am more ready for football this year. I think our local guys will look better and that's possibly the total reason why.
324a. I think tonight I will turn off the A/C. 59 degrees forecast. Woo hoo.
325a. I think I need to go to the job to treat the pool this day.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:41 am
326a. I think the wild fires in Texas have gotten pretty scary. The nearest one to here is outside of Magnolia. Too close for comfort. And no rain forecast for the time being. But at least those high winds have diminished.
327a. I think it has become obvious why I haven't seen that gator at the lake a second time. It has been sighted on the other side of a barb-wire fence, near the walking trail. It hides far enough in there that no one will see it without venturing beyond the boundary of the park. That also explains why some of the ducks are missing.
328a. I think the temperature is delightful this AM.
329a. I think the war in Libya will end soon. I am very curious to see what sort of government arises and where its sympathies lie.
330a. I think I would like to see Mars rovers on other planets and moons as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 04:36 am
331a, I think I may be out of work by the end of today. I gave a temp a tool for scraping some black mold spots loose in the swimming pool. He scraped so vigorously that the tool wore down to the handle. He continued to scrape with the handle rubbing until he ruined the surface in more than one spot around the top and he even put a long rip in the bottom. He has moved on, but the responsibility was and is mine. I must report it when the boss comes in.
332a. I think the concern shown me and my wife over the wild fires is touching. Fortunately, we are in no danger.
333a. I think the new maintenance worker will start today. Ironic.
334a. I think I may need a hug or two as the days wears on.
335a. I think my electric bill will be small for a time. We did not have to use the A/C the past few days.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:29 am
@edgarblythe,
334a ((((edgar))))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 12:23 pm
Aw, thanks, CI. So far I am not in trouble, but the month ain't over, yet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 12:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just think positive.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:27 am
336a. I think today is Thursday, but I thought all day yesterday it would be Friday.
337a. I think the smell of burn will be in the air for a few more days at least. Fortunately, none of the flames appear to be headed our way.
338a. I think I have run out of TV rerun patience. Just in time, the new shows are poised to run.
339a. I think today will be spent getting ready for another owner's visit, which will happen Sunday.
340a. I think the presidential debates confirm what I have known for a long time. We are all screwed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:29 am
@edgarblythe,
337a: My wife was worried about how close the fires were getting to Austin, and found a map that shows all the fires. The firest are south-east of Austin, still some distance away.
JPB

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:41 am
((((( edgar )))))
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 01:11 pm
@JPB,
Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 01:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The fires around Magnolia are pretty close to Tomball. We see the smoke and most of us know somebody that's been evacuated.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 04:56 am
341a. I think silent thoughts this morning. I think too of Peons of Praise thread and boita's latest entry.
342a. I think the heat of summer is losing its punch. Still no rain in the extended forecast.
343a. I think there will be no real jobs program, because the paralysis in congress cannot be ended.
344a. I think Two and a Half Men will no longer be on my viewing list. With the cast change, the show's premise falls apart. Plus, I have spent years ducking That Seventies Show and now one of its stars has been transplanted to Men. I may watch at first, to make certain I am correct. But -
345a. I think of the last sunset as a photographer's dream: The sun, made to appear like a red ball, settling into the tree tops, to a backdrop of pearl and gray smoke, in the never-ending haze -
I don't own a good enough camera to capture those images.
Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 05:07 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, You're thinking of peons of praise. I like that. The kind of writing that results in the latest entry is an editor's nightmare. I'm gonna have to unravel and think about a lot of sentences. I'd rather fix commas and be on my way.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 06:34 am
@edgarblythe,
(((edgar))))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:25 am
Good morning, olga. (tips imaginary hat)
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:39 am
346a. I think if my surname were Santana, I might want to be called 'Carlos.' That has a good sound to it.
347a. I think this upcoming week will be hard to take. Triple digit temps come back, not a speck of rain, fires raging still. If this were a desert, I might be better resigned.
348a. I think I am looking forward to working with this sixteen year maintenance veteran. Although I have been on the job nineteen years, I always learn new things when that happens. New things about fixing toilets, you say? He he. If it could be so simple -
349a. I think this weekend will be a strain. At least until the owner completes his business.
350a. I think I need some fine literature this weekend. Exposure to it seems to perk up my own writing.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

322a. I think there will be a few new TV shows on free TV worth checking out this year. Terra Nova, for one. (Yes, I watch television and always will).
334a. I think I may need a hug or two as the days wears on.
338a. I think I have run out of TV rerun patience. Just in time, the new shows are poised to run.

322a. We'll be checking out Terra Nova, too. I remember when one of the main characters used to be on The Agency, and liked him, along with the premise of the show. We, as well, continue to watch TV. When you don't have a whole lot of "spare money", TV and internet are our chief sources of entertainment.

334aa.: {{{{{edgar}}}}}

338a.: Yeah, the re-runs on TV have been bad this season. Fortunately, we record a fair number of shows from different time slots to watch later, which helps pad out the viewing schedule.

------

I think I haven't heard about Mrs. Blythe for quite some time. How has her health been?

As for me, I have been very busy with my 85 year old mother, who has dementia. At the moment, we are packing up all her stuff and preparing her for a move to an assisted-living building come Sep 17th. So, busy, busy.
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 09:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good afternoon (now), edgar.
Still reading along .....
I really enjoy these musings of yours.