edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:23 pm
940. Tonight, I shall have butterbeans, for the first time in about 30 years. Mrs edgarblythe hates them (she got a bad batch that made her sick). Tonight she is gone, and I have two cans of Bush's Best Large Butterbeans. My daughter left them with us, when she moved to Denver. Tonight, I eat like a hobo. Mmm mmm mmm.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 03:52 pm
941. Hmm. Somebody's got an issue here.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/Son.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 07:24 pm
942. Two grandsons.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/bradleydusty.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 09:39 pm
943. I think it's grand. My second from youngest daughter is expecting. Makes it nine grandchildren. This one's to be a boy. My name will be his middle name. The father's late brother will be the first name.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 08:06 pm
944. Yesterday, I watched Titanic on DVD. Don't care what critics say, it captures the event very well. Immediately, as it ended, I put the TV on ION Television, channel 49, and they were beginning a miniseries, with George C Scott, called The Titanic. It was a surprise, but, I watched it, too. The script and filming were pedestrian, but it had its moments. I particularly liked the depiction of Molly Brown. It was even longer than the movie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 07:31 pm
945. Me, my son, and a dog named Pearly Mae.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/mesondog.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 05:17 am
Pearly Mae (the dog pictured above) had hair that reminded me of a skunk, and she had an underbite, making her ugly, in a cute way. She had been abused by her former owner. She recognized my reaching out in kindness and became mine, all in less than a minute. She travelled with me, all the way from Corpus Christi, to Providence, and to California and back. She was killed, in an act of cruelty I will not describe. Another friend by the wayside. I still miss her, over thirty years later.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 05:21 pm
946. This half sister was the only fair haired member of the family.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/1953_beach_family_pic.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 05:50 pm
947. I think it's time for punkins and fall leaves. Mother nature disagrees. It continues, hot and sunny. Sure, there are punkins, but they would spoil rather quickly, set on the porch. Looking forward to the end of October and the beginning of holiday season. I love the excitement of little kids, and I become as excited, before it's over with. Come on, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. Give us all you got.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 06:13 pm
Some stores here have been carrying Halloween stuff since early September.

Taking a page out of the Christmas shopping spree, I guess.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:07 am
I watched A Christmas Carol about a month ago.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 07:11 am
I'm looking for a really really sincere pumpkin patch.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 07:56 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I watched A Christmas Carol about a month ago.

Yeah, but everybody knows you have your own copy of that. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:22 pm
948. Tonight I celebrate for my co-worker. He came to the apartments about six or seven months ago. He is a dedicated worker, a really nice guy, humble. Everybody likes him. About three weeks ago, his wife went into labor, two and a half months or so prematurely. She was hospitalized and they worked to stall her. Finally, the baby boy came, two months early. He weighed about two and a half pounds. He is doing so well, they moved him from intensive care to another room. My friend's wife stayed to recover from caesarian surgery. She came home this afternoon. Their son will probably leave the hospital in December. We put balloons all around his apartment stairs and door.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:07 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
948. [...] She was hospitalized and they worked to stall her. Finally, the baby boy came, two months early. He weighed about two and a half pounds. He is doing so well, they moved him from intensive care to another room. [...]

Wow, that sounds awfully small, doesn't it? Shocked Hope all goes well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:17 pm
The boy was long. I believe he will gain weight, and become a large child within a year. They haven't found anything wrong with him, as yet.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 03:25 pm
I'm lifting a Bombay Sapphire to toast your coworker's son.
Long life and happiness!
Prosit!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 10:01 pm
Thanks, on behalf of my friend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 10:07 pm
949. The concept of new species, invented by scientists, calls to mind the Martians, in War of the Worlds, slain by bacteria. I hope people are smarter than Martians, but . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:51 am
950. A wonderful Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much , and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
0 Replies