edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 07:19 am
@farmerman,
I chased them down the driveway waving an ax. Not to worry; I haven't sharpened it in over ten years. They managed to clear the gate and were gathering rocks to chunk when their Mama came from the bushes waving her machette. I retreated to the house, to the place I store a hand grenade launcher. But I didn't have time to deploy said hand grenade launcher, because a sink hole developed under the woman and kids and they were swallowed into the abyss. I stood triumphant by the hole, thinking aloud, "Eff with my leaves, will ya?" I am still waiting for the local authorities to arrive to fill the sink hole.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 07:20 am
I used to be nicer than that, but, I need my piles of leaves.
Ragman

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe hypothetically speaking, they figured if they did it for free and then did a bang-up job, you'd insist on paying them or hhire them in the future?

Or ...

It could be an act of altruism. Let's go with that interpretation.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 03:20 pm
@Ragman,
My next door neighbor is friends with people, one of whom could be the parent. I suspect they were inspired by the parent. On the other hand they are personable kids and polite. I must pump my neighbor for information.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 05:45 pm
Well, I am off with the wife to the annual family gathering. I hope the little bastards don't come and rake my leaves while I cannot defend them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 05:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Get'n a bit tankerous in your old age, there, edgar.
We have to pay a gardener to sweep up our leaves!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 06:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sigh, I get you of course, but the kids? can you explain to them? Hopefully they are too busy otherwise right now.

Hey, I once lived in the land of leaf blowers..
I get leaves and mulch and so on, and get people not wanting to see them. What I detest are leaf blowers.

I'll have to look it up - I mentioned somewhere on a2k where the guy with the giant leafblowing machine kept chasing a few leaves on the lawn of the elementary school across our small street. My x hub is a writer, and I had reports and stuff to do, and the noise is nutso. I took a photo and sent it to the school.
The guy and the machine never showed up again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 10:05 pm
Almost everything I wrote after farmerman's post was meant as humor. I was not irritated with the kids, I treated them as respectfully as I would my own family, they left without rancor, and I don't even have a hand grenade launcher. I don't understand why I have to explain this.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 11:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, you made me laugh.....no need to explain. Happy Holidays Edgar, enjoy the season.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 01:40 pm
I enjoyed your spoof, E!

Happy holidays to all!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:57 am
@edgarblythe,
but we dont know which. So you dont own a hand grenade launcher. Well, just ignore the "handy hand grenade" catalog I had sent to your house.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 09:49 am
@farmerman,
I have certainly learned my lesson. From now on nothing I post will be intended seriously.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 11:12 am
The Panthers and the Broncos failed to make the playoffs this year. Smile
Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 05:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Turnover seems to be the trend. Makes you wonder about Seahawk's fate as well?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:13 pm
@Ragman,
I feel like some teams are slipping in the back door. Like the Texans. I always disliked the Cowboys intensley, but this year I wish them well. I wish we had their quarterback.
Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 10:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
He's nifty and their O line is even niftier. A really well-balanced team that'll give anyone they face in the playoffs real fits.

I never was Cowboys fan but I feel they've earned it and it's about time they reward their fannies.
Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 12:07 am
@Ragman,
Fannies, shmannies. They're playing my GIANTS. Bring back LT. Yes, he's old and probably out of shape. But he's probably still better than most of the defensive players on the field now.
Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 12:09 am
@Roberta,
Speaking of rewards, time for NYGs fans for their just rewards. Such a rabid fan base.
Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:52 am
@Ragman,
Rabid? Who? Moi?

Not as much as I used to be.
Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
They usd to be an exciting team. Ask the Pats and Pats fans.