edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:30 am
That worked out so well, I have ordered the other side. The UPD dropped the first one off two doors down, on Saturday. She brought it and set it down in front of my truck, where I found it next time I went outside. Don't know why. My house number is plainly visible from the street.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:12 pm
Our new guy could have started this week, but he lost his SS card. Got to wait a little bit longer. My legs are wearing down, now. I coasted half of today. He better hurry or the helper will have to shoulder the whole load.

I have been eating fresh cranberries in my cereal, instead of blueberries or strawberries for a week. Haven't decided how long to keep it up. I think I forgot to put apple vinegar on my list a few days back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:54 pm
Did I mention, my dog goes insane nuts over lawnmowers, dishwashers, air conditioners, blenders, hair dryers, hair clippers, our car rolling out of the driveway. Oddly, he doesn't react to the truck that way. I have had to get rough with him so that I could safely run the lawnmower. I would love to be able to peek back in time to the environment he knew with the previous owner. Another strange thing, to me - He is gentle and well behaved at the vet's. He eats it up, the way they treat him. He was frightened to death, riding in the car the first few times. Now he looks forward to it. One ritual he insists on, even on a cold day, is to play with the water hose. Only twice have I given him a dry hose to play with. He seems impervious to cold. I bet he would have been a good sled dog.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 01:00 am
@edgarblythe,
Hi Edgar, I'm waiting for the restaurant to open for breakfast, then to the airport for my flights from Lisbon to London to SFO. Should arrive home around 6pm. It was a great tour. T.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 09:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Welcome back, in advance, CI.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:16 pm
I finally got a new mouse and keyboard today. Everything moves more smoothly and so far all functions are working as they should. Mr. Green

The new guy starts at work Tuesday. I wonder if he would mind if I kiss him?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Tell him he better be Mr. Duddly Do It Right or he will have to answer to your friends on A2K. You've earned a well deserved break.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I finally got a new mouse and keyboard today. Everything moves more smoothly and so far all functions are working as they should. Mr. Green

The new guy starts at work Tuesday. I wonder if he would mind if I kiss him?

Don't kiss him Edgar, tell him to log in here and all us gals will give him a big smooch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:37 pm
Razz
Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 10:37 am
@edgarblythe,
double-yay! Glad you can move freely on the 'Net now. The thing about playing any compter games or video games is they can take a toll on mousies.

However, (sticks and stones...err,...ah...words will never harm the keyboard at that faster rate. Like I wrote you about a bit earlier, an avg of 6 yrs., give or take...sometimes as little as 5 yr...sometimes as long as 8 or 10 yrs.

I clean my keyboard weekly...because I can get crumbs in keyboard..so I free this thing up with a shot of compressed air..and generally just tapping stuff out. Having a pet around and also having an appetite...I can wear these things if I didn't do that.

Wishing you the best with that job.....and that this new worker has some sort of work ethic

In case I hadn't wished you here or on FB, Happy holidays to you and your family..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 10:51 am
Likewise, ragman.

My keyboard and mouse were used when I put them on this thing.

The new man is no stranger. He worked several years at another Tomball property and was well liked. The management company knows him already, because they used to manage that complex.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 09:03 pm
I have lately been just writing a few minutes at a time. Exhausted. By the end of the coming work week, I should be getting back to normal. I want to push this current work, because I already have a plot for something else.

I plan to coast as much as possible this week. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:40 pm
Cold these days. Not freezing. Rocky in his own way says, "I don't care. Just turn on the water and gimme the damn hose." So I sit in my plastic chair while he wrestles with it, chewing off the end. I turn the pressure low, and take it back after fifteen minutes. He is not bothered by his wet hair. He runs off to bark at squirrels and run the fence when any truck with a trailer passes by.

The new keyboard and mouse helped a lot, but the game functions are still not right. Must be either the computer or my weak connection.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 11:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps you need to be closer to the router? Is it a wired router or wireless one?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:35 am
@Ragman,
It's wired. When I leave my Hushmail, it always puts a note at the top: Please check your internet connection." It's always like that, even when I bought a brand new router.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 09:41 pm
I haven't been thinking much at all, lately. I'm part time at work, but they have been treating me like a lead man that ought to have time and knowledge for everything. The new hiree was available to start this past Tuesday, but he awaited final approval that day, and then the boss went back east for the weekend last night, so he has to wait now until Monday. The boss became a grandmother this morning.

A microwave I ordered did not make it today and they kept calling me at home over this stuff, so I went back over there. Seems the list I faxed on Tuesday was not on record as having been received. "Oh, while you are here, will you do this one work order?" "Will you go put a tarp over the stuff I have out there?"

Topping it off, a longtime resident, a really good old guy, died last night.

They gotta let that guy get to work, Monday. I have made up my mind to get back to my regular schedule, come hell or high water.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 10:02 am
Just read an article stating that high fructose corn syrup has been renamed. A product may be labeled, "No high fructose corn syrup" and yet they still have it in that very product.
Germlat

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 10:34 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Just read an article stating that high fructose corn syrup has been renamed. A product may be labeled, "No high fructose corn syrup" and yet they still have it in that very product.

Please do explain....I'm sure many people don't know.....I'm one of them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 10:52 am
@Germlat,
http://wearechange.org/corporations-renamed-high-fructose-corn-syrup/
Sorry. Here is the link.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 02:44 pm
The last gasp of fall. Tonight we get a light freeze.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10897035_10204850670643225_8991416405338717535_n.jpg?oh=7faa0bc04aab6a4ca21a53415192532b&oe=552DEA44&__gda__=1428836369_caa2a549de0d18a264d0f218a6fc376b
0 Replies