edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 10:45 am
@ossobuco,
Well, it recommends original Dawn. This past year, I bought two bottles of Dawn. I noticed before I got the recipe that the second bottle is considerably thinner than the first. I plan to seek out the thicker stuff. The man I spoke with said that he increased the soap in his mix. I guess it will take some experimenting, but it should be well worth it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 10:47 am
@ossobuco,
Other sources have told me that Dawn will kill fleas it comes into direct contact with.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:01 am
I went on the opt out function, which I found linked on facebook. It showed 115 trackers targeting my web browsing activity and it stopped this from continuing. I don't know that the scope of spying went beyond facebook, but I have to assume the worst, just to cover my ass. Here is the link, for anybody interested.
http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:40 pm
One of my daughters and her family will come and take me to dinner tomorrow. I think I prefer a card and some well wishes, these days, but I will let them have their fun.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, thanks for providing that link. I've posted as little as possible on Facebook, I really find it invasive, but I found 103 companies collecting data, I've been able to opt out of all but one.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I used it about four days in a row before it got them all.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll pass that link around to close friends and family. Friday evening, I re-registered with the no-call registry. I can only assume that many states are being targeted by those credit card interest reduction cards, or the "Microsoft trained techs" who call to tell you they have discovered a virus or something worse on your computer, but yesterday for me, this was a first. My landline rang and when I looked at the caller ID, it was my own landline number and my husbands completely correctly spelled name. Despite the obvious impossibility of this happening, I picked up the phone, said hello, and it was the same recorded message offering to help me with my credit card interest rate. That completely creeped me out so I filled out an online complaint form with the FCC. We will see, hard to say if it will help.

Before I fall asleep, Edgar, have a wonderful Fathers Day. And again, thanks for sharing that link.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 09:26 am
Thanks.

I didn't know my father. I last saw him at age three. He died three years after that, at age 33, in 1948. My life may or may not have been better with him. I shall never know.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 05:05 am
Yesterday was the best Fathers Day I have had. All of my kids made me feel appreciated. Most years, various ones have been too preoccupied to show their affection.

Likely I will be putting more grass around a building today. It's a job I don't mind.

Since it re-sprouted, my moringa tree has grown from ground level to four feet tall. Those things are practically weeds.
Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 06:02 am
@edgarblythe,
Glad that you had a good Dad's Day. That's so good for you and your family. As for those special quality moments with family, can there ever be enough of them? May there be many more family events like that to come.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:18 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks. The really great times are too far between, but well worth the wait.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:06 am
Every now and then I watch American Gladiators. Some of the best athletes lose out because they push themselves so hard they lose out to simple mistakes. Conditioning and discipline. I would love to be about twenty to thirty and train for this. Fun to watch, anyway.

Some years back, we set up some benches in two courtyards, at work. The boss told me to fix them so they can't be moved, so we built some forms around the feet and I told the part time guy to pour concrete in those forms. Then I went off to do other work. Yesterday, I was told to move two benches. That's when I discovered that the part timer dug about two feet of dirt under the benches. They were affixed to massive stones of concrete. But, I discovered that a cold chisel easily broke out the feet and the benches could be easily moved. The real task was breaking down those great stones, enough to transport them out of there. But, I got it did.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 05:43 am
Not many web sites have gotten my bank information. But somebody managed to charge 43 dollars to my bank account. Time to change passwords again and then hope I can head them off at the bank this morning.

Rocky, on watching the wife and I talking to and about him, has developed a grin that he shows us when we approach him. He parts his lips just enough to show us his smaller front teeth. He stomps on bugs with his foot, the same way I do. Yesterday, he started to slide his rear end onto my recliner, trying sit human style. But he abandoned the effort. I have known other dogs to sit like this and I am waiting to see if he does in the future.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:05 pm
"Not many web sites have gotten my bank information. But somebody managed to charge 43 dollars to my bank account. Time to change passwords again and then hope I can head them off at the bank this morning." - quote from above

Oops. I missed the dot. They only subtracted 42 cents. Turns out it was a correction on a transaction from almost a week ago. Whew. Well, it's always good to change one's log in info from time to time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 05:07 am
I saw a news story about certain California spots getting overrun by seagulls. The one obvious thing they haven't tried, to get rid of them: stop feeding them.

Rick Perry may be planning to move to California, after he leaves office. That's a whole decade too late.

Hey, Gilead. Is there any balm left for me? I could use some this morning.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 05:03 am
Still procrastinating, slightly, doing Ebay. Today I will put some stuff for locals on Craigs List.

I would like to see the new film called Jersey Boys. I am expecting it is not a downer, like most biopics.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:38 am
Rocky decided to climb up on my lap, this morning. He is a heavy dog, but the weight, so distributed, over such a length, is not too much to bear. I'm taking him out, in a few minutes, while I check my crop of figs and admire my moringa tree. Several of the figs ripened about two weeks ago, and I beat the birds to most of them. The bulk of the fruit is not yet ready.

I am offering this cabinet on local Craig's List. Not sure what it is properly called, or how old it is. Its color originally was green.
http://images.craigslist.org/00K0K_57zLQNzPor5_600x450.jpg
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:40 am
@edgarblythe,
It's not a baker's rack as it's closed up. Ummm...? Pantry of some sort?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:52 am
@Ragman,
I just had an offer of $70 for it. I told her to ask me that again in a week. I asked for 80.
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 11:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, that's still a bargain. Even if somebody were to take it apart and reuse the wood for something else, it's still a good deal.