edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 09:56 am
Well, with high school graduations over, we can get back to a normal routine. A granddaughter and a grandson received diplomas and I am naturally quite proud for them. Got to spend much quality time with my son. All in all, a stressful but worthwhile stretch of days, from Thursday through last night.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 09:58 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Putting this here so I can't lose it. Want to try it on poison ivy.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s600x600/10167934_717387331637655_3502275127331606216_n.jpg

I mixed a couple of gallons yesterday and , despite the chance for rain, tried it. Before a shower came and washed it away, it killed some growths of poison ivy. Now all I have to do is apply the rest of it on a dry, hot, day and I expect that I will be very satisfied.

The formula is not strong enough. The top leaves of about thirty percent of poison ivy died. Not worth the time and labor.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 01:35 pm
A bit over a month ago, I had a package sent me. I did not bother with on line tracking, because I was a regular customer and delivery was always on the same time line. The carrier did not bring it to my door (it had to be signed for). He left no notice in the mail box. After it was a number of days late, I tried tracking, but there was no mention of it on the USPS web site. I contacted the sender. They told me the package had been sitting at the Post Office, because I had failed to claim it. "Better go get it before they send it back."

This time, I tracked it the whole time. On the fourth, it arrived in Tomball. The notice told me it would be delivered on the fifth. I just looked on the web site again. It let me know delivery had been attempted. But I was home and there was no attempt. There was also no notice left in the mail box. Tomorrow, I plan to let the one in charge of that Post Office know what is going on.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 01:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cynical me wouldn't be surprised if was de facto company policy Edgar.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I've been home only to see the postal carrier paste a note on the front door window, then get out the neighborhood before even attempting to see if anyone was home. I called the Post Office and they blew me off saying the pkg wouldn't be at the Post Office intel at least the next day???? I asked them who keeps the undelivered mail and packages, aren't they taken back to a secure locked area? The Annapolis Post office is hands down one of the worst in the County.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 02:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Have to say the postal service over here isn't bad at the moment, but like that i'd know my local postman (howru Tony) Smile and i'd say the same could be said for a lot of the country.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm
The policy is, if no one can sign for it, leave a notice. They used to make two attempts, but it is now one. Without the notice you can't know for sure the package arrived. There were two alternating ladies who would see to it I got my packages without a bit of problem. The new carrier doesn't appear to give a crap.
spendius

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's probably an oil industry policy to increase the number of journeys to and fro ed.

It is quite surprising how many leisure activities have that effect.

Many years ago I wrote a little ditty entitled I'm Yo-yoing Up and Down Like a Yo-yo Yo-yoing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:05 am
I still make the amateurish mistakes, such as completing planned chapters, before realizing the lines are set at 1.5 and not 2 spaces, meaning a twenty page chapter is actually twenty eight, all of a sudden.

Still tired from the marathon weekend. This week I am grateful that they cut my hours.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
Never trust postmen!
My late uncle Jack was one and he was as crooked as hell, the police found heaps of undelivered mail at his home and he was lucky to get off with only a fine and not jail..Smile
Another untrustworthy lazy lying postman round here can't be bothered delivering parcels on his rounds, so he pushes a card through peoples doors saying- "You were out when I called: please pick up the package yourself from the local sorting office"
Needless to say, they WERE in when he called but the bastard never bothered to ring the doorbell!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:03 am
Went to the Post Office, seeking my package. Not there. I explained the situation to the man at the window. He told me to see if it arrives today (yesterday). As I took my leave, I told him I was going inside, to post a complaint on the carrier. He said he was the manager and if the package does not come today, he also will file a complaint on him. As I drove into the neighborhood, I saw the carrier at the mail boxes. He pleaded ignorance. Don't have it; don't recall seeing it. Five days and counting, since it arrived in Tomball.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 09:06 am
@edgarblythe,
Geez, EdgarB, that's worse than our post office..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 12:25 pm
Just came from the post office. I gave the same guy my information. After thirty minutes wait, he gave me my package. I was tired and disgustipated. Took it and went home.
Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 01:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
What was the reason for the delay or missing status? did they explain?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 03:34 pm
@Ragman,
Nope. Business as usual.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:37 pm
I work on Monday and Tuesday, most weeks. That means, the weekend has already started, for me. It just occurred to me that I get no hump day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 05:22 am
I've been experiencing burnout from most of the threads on a2k, of late. Not that I've lost interest, but just not able to give myself to them. It will pass, of course. I'm not about to give up my membership. Just taking a breather, of sorts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 06:52 am
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/dHlAMD_ZHo3kXv2Hj4niiQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTE4OTtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/pb140611.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 05:07 am
Conversing with the groundskeeper at the water company's property, next door, I mentioned that I try not to use anything harmful to the ground, especially since I am so close to our water source. He described the same weed killer I wrote about on this thread. He said he uses it exclusively on water company land. The reason my version failed is because I did not get it thick enough to adhere to the plants. So, in a few days, I will try it again.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 09:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Wondering - how do you make it thicker?