edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:22 am
@Ragman,
Shaub had a habit of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. They could be ahead in the last minute and he would hand the other team a sure touchdown.' by throwing it their way, even if his own receiver was twenty yards across the field.
I don't think the Texans are going to pick a quarterback with that first pick. I could be wrong, but, we shall see.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:29 am
Came home to a toilet wanting to overflow and the plunger not a help.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 03:16 pm
Toilet would not plunge, except to force the water into the shower. I put a whole bottle of liquid plumber down the sink, before leaving the house for an hour. To no avail. I bought a new hose, put a bladder hose on the end, and stuck it in the pipe under the kitchen sink. After much toilet plunging and water on the floor, I heard it break through. Ran the hose about twenty more minutes before putting it away. Cleaned with Clorox.
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 03:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Such is life ed? These thing come to try us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:18 am
My sister asked me to date a photo of her mother and father (my step father). I knew right away by her dress and the trees surrounding them that it was taken in 1946. Memories of locales of childhood never fade, for me. I could not even picture the streets of Fresno, before the time I returned there, as an adult. The instant I entered downtown, I knew exactly how to get to South Walnut Street and to Calwa, with the first school I attended and Mason Street. Went straight to the Indian homes, where my oldest brother spent so much of his time. I know that if I now toured the state, I would find every memorable spot there.
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
yeah. He had to go from Texans. he had the 'Yips'! His number was up there. Interesting to se what Raiders do with their first pick.

Glad to read about your successful plumbing fix. Very instructive too.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:11 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar, You have an amazing memory of places you've been to as a youngster. I think most of us have difficulty with dating pictures of any age! Good show!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm
@Ragman,
It helps if you know the routes taken by the sewage from each drain pipe before you begin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was just in The Container Store, with my wife. Several years back, we bought an amber jug, for my H3O, after it is mixed. Today we went back, looking for a nice sun tea jar. Found a nice one, with a locking glass top. I told her I would buy another amber jug, if I could find one. She started back to where we found our sun tea jar, but I reminded her that, last time, we had to ask the staff, and, after running all over the store, they found one across the store. She was surprised I could remember it so well. Funny thing, I have that kind of recall, but I cannot do the same with books I read. I would give anything to have setanta's recall.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 01:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed: I would give anything to have setanta's recall.
-------------

Careful what you wish for, Ed. Setanta can't even recall that in a previous post, even a previous sentence, he has contradicted himself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:01 pm
At first, I welcomed the new Kroger being built just around the corner. But I got a look at the nearly completed exterior today and was appalled. It is the greatest structure for a store I ever saw. There is a small mall on a highway into Houston that looks smaller. How many cans of Beanie Weenies and Lay's Potato Chips do they need to display? I don't resent the size of it so much as the amount of traffic that will be generated. There is no traffic light at my neighborhood. We have to take a leap to get out, headed north, already. There is a new apartment complex down the road a ways. Not to mention, the Grand Parkway is coming through near here. I miss the old days, when I could casually leave the neighborhood and drive at my own chosen speed, often without seeing another car, all the way to Tomball. The one alternative to putting a traffic light for us, that I see, is for them to buy my place and open up the neighborhood into the cul de sac behind my house.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm similar to you, eb.
Setanta amazes me. I learn a lot from him (don't let him know).
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso: Setanta amazes me. I learn a lot from him. (don't let him know)
----------

Propaganda is made easy for sheeple to digest, Osso. You must be quite plump.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
On that I would concur. Amazing how a green-eyed cat follows him around.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 07:28 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman: On that I would concur.
////////////

That doesn't mean much, Ragman, as you have many times illustrated that you aren't at all intellectually discerning. Your propensity towards flight when met with even minor difficulty is well known.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:07 am
Well, I gonna go to work today. mrs edgarblythe is trying to decide if she wants to take early Social Security. She is still able to work, but her arthritis often makes it hard. I can support her decision, but only she can choose.

Thinking back, when I was very young and on my own the first time, I tried to find indoor work. I was so obviously ill at ease and my hands had a dirty look that simple soap would not erase - I was universally turned down. I would have washed my hands in pure Clorox, if I had it to do over. At least the notion of dirty hands that a number of people expressed would not have come up. I had been helping to build houses, from the age of sixteen.My first away from home work was vacuuming cars for a car wash. They didn't care about your personality, or dirty looking hands, there. An active, warm, body was sufficient. More about this, later.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:36 am
@ossobuco,
How anybody can have any respect for Setanta is a mystery to me.
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:39 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Amazing how a green-eyed cat follows him around.

Who might that be Raggie?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:05 am
@spendius,
That's simply dutiful homage. It ensures one gets to play in the a2k sandbox and not receive any ear boxing from ehBeth.
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:38 am
@JTT,
Why? Would it hurt or something?

Anybody who thinks that declaring people to be spurious, trolls, idiotic or nut-jobs constitues making an argument is self-evidently off his conk. Which is something he has told us himself from time to time.

And putting people on Ignore, and boasting about it as if it is some mark of excellence, simply because he can't deal with the questions they pose, is infantile. Putting it mildly.

No bona fide atheist would wish Setanta on the team. He has a very low opinion of the intelligence of A2Kers. And many others I should think. He approaches his keyboard just as Princess Anne approaches the regimental mascot.
0 Replies