edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 08:44 am
Sheila McCrea, the first Alice Kramden.
Pow. Zoom. To the moon, Alice.
Saw last evening she died. I didn't know she was married to Gordon McCrea.

They called me in to clean the swimming pool yesterday. I don't think those guys saw fit to do one thing to it for a month or two. It took all morning to get it nice. But, the light lens was brown on the bottom and, it turned out, the color is from inside the fixture. Meaning, it has had water in it for probably a couple of months. That's how far back the lead told me the light doesn't function. I had assumed he found the trouble and took care of it. I see now, he didn't seal it tightly. I and the helper replaced that light about a year or so back. I hope the insides are not too corroded to function after this. I foresee a new maintenance man on the property, if that happens.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:31 am
bump
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:30 am
@edgarblythe,
Sheila MacRae (wife of Gordon MacRea) was not the first Alice Kramden. She did play her in the re-do of The Honeymooners ('66-'70). She was actually the third one. Someone named Pert Kelton was the first Alice briefly circa 1952. Audrey Meadows was the most popular and well-known Alice ('52?-'57).
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 11:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar: They called me in to clean the swimming pool yesterday.

And you actually went after how they treated you!?!
tontoiam

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:30 pm
@JTT,
Stupid of me I know. but that's how messed up in the head I am.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 05:51 pm
I wish I could be a basketball fan. The Rockets are having a very good season.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 08:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
I used to be; but I lost it. My favorite basketball was the under six foot teams at Venice beach on sundays, back in the seventies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 04:48 pm
I am trying out a new keyboard. The letters are large and color is reversed. So far so good.

The caca may run headlong into the fan, at the job, tomorrow. I advised the second in command that the pool light has been full of water for a long time. On Friday I mentioned it to the lead man. He said he was not going to fix it because he hasn't the time. I told the one I reported to to discover it on her own, not mentioning my name.

This keyboard is okay, so far. I have made less errors just now.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 07:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just to share-
I'm awake in the middle of the night. My eyes have crispies. I wake up and grab them off the lashes.. My surgeon said that was ok.
What is going on, or not going one, is lipid flow.

One crispie got to me, back about six months ago, a blocking cyst. Overnight in emergency with a balloon eye.

At this point, I take it that my ophthalmologists and the emergency room don't talk.

The er people were wrong, they were, once they got to me, all about antibiotics.

I may need to talk with the clinic head.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
What's emergency to us can become stale routine for them. Its a roulette game out there.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I liked the nurse practitioner person who finally saw me in the morning, but she turned out to be dead wrong - not her fault, best she could.

She was not a stale routine type. Actually, in my long med life, I haven't ran into a lot of those. Maybe they don't like your shirt.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 05:07 am
Well, I going to work, shortly. Or, going to work shortly. Depends how you would define it. Going to be pleasantly warm, but rainy.

Now that the weather is moderating, I need to get back to looking for projects that will earn money. I also ought to mow. Rocky must be restrained when I do that. Last time he kept attacking the mower and grabbing it with his teeth.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Ed: I also ought to mow. Rocky must be restrained when I do that. Last time he kept attacking the mower and grabbing it with his teeth.
///////////

You have something against dog training, Ed ?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
I had made mental plans to watch Russell Crowe's Noah's Ark movie, but I just saw an article, claiming the movie has been edited, to quiet religious protests. Don't know. I may see it. I still have not gotten over the cowardly movie presentation of The Last Temptation of Christ.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 05:17 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1962756_601790963240959_1254554025_n.jpg

“It is not a book to be lightly thrown aside. It should be thrown with great force.” –Sid Ziff Los Angeles Mirror-News 1960
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 05:32 pm
Harriet Tubman died on this day, 101 years ago.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1660711_602020829884639_1969978318_n.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 06:28 pm
Edgar, you doing okay? I noted you mentioned elsewhere you took a sick day today. I worry about you.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:23 pm
@Butrflynet,
Well, mrs edgarblythe works at a daycare. She is always getting exposed to this stuff. Last week, she came down with a sore throat and congestion. I didn't think it would affect me much if at all, because I take daily colloidal silver. But, in this instance, I began to get her symptoms. I reasoned that since I had changed c. silver recently, the new kind must not be effective enough. This was the first crucial test. So, I went down and got some of the best in the store. The first dose made me notice a difference, very shortly. I am feeling much better, but still have some residual congestion. If I had been using the new silver I would not have gotten sick at all. I plan to stay home tomorrow, just to make sure I am over it. Thanks for asking.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad it isn't too serious.

Those day care centers are as bad as dog parks when it comes to being breeding grounds for viruses.

Our dogs caught a respiratory bug at the dog park a month ago and are on their second antibiotic in the battle to get rid of it. This second one appears to be winning.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:55 pm
It's a jungle out there.
0 Replies