edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
I plan to fix that fan this coming week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:26 am
I don't have a copy of the read out, rock. Right now the light is staying off. But as soon as it comes on again I will try to get one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:27 am
bump
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 09:39 am
Well, I had to install a condenser on an A/C yester evening. I had hoped to make it hold out until the regular work week, but the compressor went from "I think I can," to "Screw this," and gave up the ghost. Nearby residents plied me with bottles of water and I used some of it to cool the solder. In my haste I began the vacuum before the first brazing cooled good and it sucked a hole in the line. But after that all went smoothly. I sometimes wonder why people live here if they don't like being hot. Given my druthers I would live around Big Sur or San Francisco.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 04:28 am
As I went to bed last night I remarked to mrs edgarblythe that I had forgotten about the superdupersuper Moon. She peeped through the blind and there it was. All I had to do was cross the room to view to my heart's content. Which lasted about thirty seconds, as I was tired. Good on you, moon. See you next time.

On this, my final week without a lead man, I plan to walk slowly and do each task deliberately and well, but not strive to over achieve. WE shall see how long my resolve holds out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 09:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Habits die hard, edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 08:35 pm
Not a bad day. I did all but two work orders. The two were very simple jobs, but I did not stay after twelve to do them. Tomorrow, another dishwasher, if the new one arrives.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 04:55 am
The state lottery commission introduced a game called All or Nothing, in which you stood to win if your ticket held either all the drawn numbers or none of them. There were differing winnings for in between. But so many players figured out how to stack the numbers they had to withdraw the game. A revamped version is set to begin in a few days. Can't have people actually winning, after all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:03 am
Had to work last night. A man called because he had no power in his bathroom. I was sure that it was a failed GFI, but in case I was wrong I had to check it out. So I replaced the offending plug and I promised the man a screw in the morning. I had (get yer mind out of the gutter) in the process lost a plate screw.

Our only hope in the new anti abortion law sure to get passed in a second special session is that the Supremes will sing Stop in the Name of Love.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 05:03 am
There are no depressed songs. Just depressed minds. - Bob Dylan
I played a song of a girl's suicide on letty's radio this morning. I think it is well done, despite the theme.

Monday or Tuesday I expect to get help on the job. The new guy gave notice and has been serving out his two weeks at his other job. He starts Monday, but I doubt he will actually work before Tuesday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:06 am
Two doors down, yesterday, the neighbors packed up their double wide and toodled down the road with it. Gone all but the debris of their having existed in our world. One other thing. They carved initials on the front yard pines so large and broad I suspect they may have condemned those tree to slow but certain death. In our drought conditions plants already are stressed, in need of support.

When I got home yesterday, I took out my air conditioner coils and reset them over the blower hole. The first time I put them in, I set the whole works to the right over the hole, which caused the air to blow mostly toward the bedroom. The kitchen and living areas stayed pretty warm. The hole is big and the rest of it has a cover. Since these coils are a chore to clean, ordinarily, it was the perfect chance to restore them to the original condition. This all worked out very well. But I can tell now that the blower motor ought to be replaced next. It never ends.
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:57 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It never ends.

Is that optimism or pessimism ed? The resigned despair of the crushed and downtrodden working man or the joyous expectation of never having nothing to do?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 12:26 pm
It would be nice to sit back and enjoy once in a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 09:54 am
Somebody gave me a book, the Girl with the dragging Tattoo, for Christmas. I still contemplate reading it. Likely won't.

I have been catching up on some old movies on the rerun channels. I missed so many on the first runs and even TV reruns. Generally I love westerns. But some very popular ones bore the **** out of me. Three examples; The Magnificent Seven, The Way West and Once Upon a Time in the West. I hate westerns that amble along filling space until the final showdown. Gloria Grahame has been showing up lately. Something about her annoys me. Saw Bogart play a writer last night. Not great, but I had missed it before.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 10:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm watching a series of Alfred Hitchcock movies, and some are without audio except for background music, and they don't look too promising, so I just skip those. Enjoying most of them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Some of Hitchcock's films live up to the hype. Not all of them. I love his TV series.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 01:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can you hear the music? Mr. Green
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 01:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The theme is in my head right now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 04:40 am
July. Blessed month. I expect to shift my burden to the new guy this week. Work is good. Let the young gain in its beneficence. Not that I will turn to slacking, but there will be considerable decompression as the month wears on. I shall have my equilibrium.

They keep rerunning The Elephant Man these days. As much as I love the story, I haven't the heart to watch it a second time. Man's inhumanity is open for deeper inspection in that one.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't think I could watch the elephant man right now either, ed.

but it's one I think everyone should see once...

today starts my crucible month.

I'll come out of it owning my farm or be homeless again...