spendius

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 06:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
So, in the next four years liberals have to press for new resolve within their own party, while resisting the maniacal onslaught of teabaggers.

Won't the maniacal onslaught respond to that with more severe maniacal onslaughting?

Liberals have little resolve ed. Once they get on the gravy train they go mad like a bull in a china shop. They didn't stop hunting with dogs to save foxes from the sort of natural death that foxes inflict on roosting chickens. They stopped it out of a pressing need to stop things. Particularly when the target is as fat a sitting duck as fox-hunters are. And Media is on-board. As is to be expected.

They are restless ed. Like a riot squad is restless when there are no riots.

They lie awake at night thinking up things to aggravate us all with. I think it is due to them being rarely required for sexual action.

Looking at the antics we are seeing here I am becoming persuaded that we are ruled by people who are not much required for sexual action.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 12:04 pm
I don't have much to say about others' sex lives, spendi. My concern is that the move by teabagger-types could collapse the whole structure of governance this country has been sporadically trying to build up.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 05:42 am
1097a. I like having ragman and reyn as facebook friends.
1098a. My new thread featuring older country music may not be wildly popular, but it fills a need with some of us missed by the other music threads. I hope to fill in history as well as fine music as time gets on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:28 am
1099a. I went to a web site to look for a repair manual for a GE washing machine. By clicking to download they gave me a toolbar, changed my home page and preferred search engine. So I wiped them out and restored everything, without getting information. Will try again later today.
1100a. The daily rains have finally ended. I vowed last year to not complain about too much rain, but it got ridiculous this time. Also, the water on the ground caused alligators to swim places they normally cannot access. One was found in a garage in the Heights yesterday.
1101a. I have been putting gaskets in the joints of the sidewalks. Some go down easy and some present projects.
1102a. I like to think I am as dumb as the next fellow. Viewing the political ads on TV, the only ones we get locally, I begin to doubt my lack of veracity.
spendius

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:40 am
@edgarblythe,
“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.”

President Obama.

That has veracity ed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 09:46 am
@spendius,
You'll "never get it."
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:21 am
@spendius,
funny you should mention fox hunting, spendi...

I currently have a fox problem that I am trying to solve.

and yet strangely enough, the one option I have not considered is to have a buncha liquored up limeys on horseback bring a pack of dogs to my place and have a party.

maybe you should explain how it is the most efficient way to rid myself of my foxes, and then I might reconsider my position...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 12:01 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 05:37 am
1103a. Just saw the story about the Batman theater shooting. Do you suppose the shooter was that outraged over the use of the name Bain in the film? I read that Bain has been that character's name in the comics since long before Romney became associated with it. Just idle speculation. I know nothing but the initial body count.
1104a. Today is the last work day before the owners pay a visit. Half of Sunday will involve meeting them and walking the property. I don't really mind too much. They are not insufferable.
1105a. I read a treatise last night in which the author asserts that the moneyed power interests are allowing use of dangerous materials in our food and general environment as a measure of population control. I can see that they might so conclude, knowing that they put cancer causing chemicals and such in everything long after the danger is made public. What I personally see convinces me that we are being exploited to build wealth and power and the bad effects could be considered as collateral damage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:46 am
1106a. I have never been for confiscating all privately owned guns. I am for regulating them the way anything dangerous ought to be regulated. A good hunting rifle, a pistol for personal protection - I would not be for taking these. I have gone hunting with a rifle and I have stood ready to shoot a couple of people in my life. I have not seen a need for personal arsenals of assault rifles and the other weapons capable of mass destruction in a relatively short time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
I have also gone hunting with rifles and pistols, mostly 22 caliber. While in the service, I worked with carbines, 38's and 45's.

I have owned a bb gun in my early adult life, but nothing more.

I think target practice is a good sport.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 05:38 am
1107a. Time to rise and think about the day. I will be meeting with the owners and staff today. Later, I will enjoy a late breakfast with mrs edgarblythe, along about lunch time. After that I likely will be tired and in need of a nap. It's not likely I will accomplish much more as the day wears on.
1108a. The Texas runoff for the Republican nomination to run for Senate generates TV ad after ad. Both candidates are termites in the structure of government in my view. But one will get elected. And likely re-elected a few times. Texas politicians have learned to emulate Governor Perry, the longest serving governor in state history. That bodes not well, I say. But who listens to liberals anyway?
1109a. The tallest moringa tree was waist high yesterday. It still shows stress from all the rain, but seems likely to survive.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 05:13 pm
This is poor picture taking, but here is the biggest moringa tree.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/004-1-1.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:34 am
1110a. So much carnage in the world. Half of us want more weapons. Half of us want to make peace with the world. Guess which side is more intimidating.
1111a. My son is hospitalized. He has had a polyp taken from a lung and it is now getting analyzed. He told me they have not suggested anything specific as yet.
1112a. My daughter in Colorado moved from Aurora about a year and a half ago. I don't know that she cares about Batman films.
1113a. I need to mow the yard again, as the lawn fairies are on strike and have not showed.
Reyn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 03:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
1111a. My son is hospitalized. He has had a polyp taken from a lung and it is now getting analyzed. He told me they have not suggested anything specific as yet.

I hope all will be okay and that the polyp will be benign.

I recently had a stomach and colon scope. I'm pleased I was given a clean bill of health.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:10 pm
Still waiting for the result. He is in a hospital near Shreveport.
edit - Congratulations on a clean bill of health.
Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
1111a. Waiting to hear with you, ed.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
@Roberta,
Thank you. Hopefully it will be something that can be cured, or, at the least, managed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 05:26 am
1114a. I have the ability to compartmentalise. I can be extremely worried about my son and yet keep focused on business at hand without letting the worry interfere. It is my method to be functional first, emotional second.
1115a. Bait and Switch. When we left out the other day, a certain gas station had a posted price per gallon of $3.15. Coming by, later, my wife noted that it had dropped to an astonishing $2.88. So she filled up. She convinced me to drive there and I did. But, just as I inserted the nozzle, I noted that the price now happened to be $3.16. And the station had people waiting in lines, likely to get the cheaper gas. I pumped in $25 worth and left without thinking to look up at the posted price facing the street. I will be more careful next time I need gas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:29 am
1116a. Gun arguments make me sad. The question of do we have the right to augment individual powers of destruction to the extent we can massacre hundreds of innocent individuals as casually as we play a round of golf becomes obscene when we really mean it.
1117a. I have been reading about the powers of coconut oil in the fight against HIV. Reading testimonials by people who are using it to that end.
1118a. The days are to become hot and dry for a spell. Now I will see the moringas in the ideal weather situation. The largest has to be four feet tall already. And the ones in the flower pot were peeking out yesterday. I shall soon be eating my little darlings.
0 Replies