spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 04:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
There's obviously nobody on here who believes in "live and let live".

I cropped a lettuce today and when the bondmaid washed it she found a small slug, as she called it, having a snooze. I asked her what she did with it and she said it went down the plughole.

I hope it's alright.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:01 pm
@spendius,
Have you set the wake?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Squirrels may look cute but they are spawn of Satan. I've had squirrels setting up light housekeeping in the walls of my house when I was living inNew Hampshire. They have destroyed more bird-feeders than I can count by chewing through plastic walls to get at the seeds. Etcetera, etcetera etcetera. BB gun? I used to take my .22 to them if I'd see one sitting on my front porch or within range on a tree branch.

There are no squirrels in Hawaii. Mongooses sort of take their place in public parks. I miss the squirrels. Red and grey both.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I moved the troublesome squirels to the park, where all could enjoy them without having to worry.
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Squirrels are cute. Full stop.
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:09 pm
@spendius,
I know a woman who puts meal-worms out because she likes to see birds in her garden. I was visiting once and saw a pigeon bully off two robins and scoff the lot.

I told her she was a meal-wormist. I've been on Ignore ever since.
farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
squirrels good eatin edgar. Tastes like rabbit.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:12 pm
@spendius,
Feeding birds was the source of my squirel problem. I fed them and the rodents moved in. I could never keep them from breaking down the feeder, even when I set up a feeding station with squirel food. Now I don't feed any wild animals.
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:13 pm
@farmerman,
Don't you risk catching nutters disease?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Now I don't feed any wild animals.

I should think not. It's blasphemy to evolutionists. Where's the struggle for existence if you provide buffet lunches to the fuckers.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

squirrels good eatin edgar. Tastes like rabbit.

I once worked for a guy who hailed from Kentucky. He was a dope smoker and for all I know used other stuff as well. One evening, he invited me to have dinner. I arrived to find he was tending a barbecue pit with fresh squirel meat on it. He was moving and speaking in slow motion. He informed us that squirel has to cook on a very low heat for a long time. Well, we drank beer and visited. And drank beer and visited. He occasionally did stuff to the barbecue. When finally I had to leave, almost three hours later, the squirel meat was about the same temperature as when he fresh laid it on the grill. I often wondered if he ever got to eat it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:23 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Now I don't feed any wild animals.

I should think not. It's blasphemy to evolutionists. Where's the struggle for existence if you provide buffet lunches to the fuckers.

We likely will make them extinct anyway. Why not allow them a spot of happy.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've had squirrel pie. Farmerman's right. Tastes a lot like rabbit.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 06:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have had squirel, a time or two. I don't recall the taste of it now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 05:32 am
1337a. After I left the job yesterday, the lead man was left to install a new condenser in the 100+ direct sun. I dew not envy him. He sounded pretty out of it on the phone.
1338a. Sad news about a friend of mine. Hopefully this morning will find him all right. The man who shares colloidal silver with me could not get his legs to work. He said that he sees in himself symptoms of sugar diabetes. A glass of juice usually gets him moving. Today it didn't happen. When he asked if I would help him to the bathroom, I explained our policy of calling 911, instead of picking up a resident. He did not want that and lay back on the bed. He said he would wait for his daughter to arrive. Last I saw, he was getting put in an ambulance.
1339a. Changing Punky's diet has helped her itch problem quite a bit. The biggest culprit I think was my giving her snacks bought off the HEB shelf. Plus, the aging dog formula from PetSmart helped her out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 05:43 am
1340a. I am going to ask the boss if I can purchase a window A/C unit, since some of our air conditioners stop functioning during the dark hours and it is not always safe to work out there when it involves 220 electric. Some such units sell for about $150 and one person can easily move them. When I came to work the other day, a woman wearing an oxygen apparatus hailed me outside her door. Her A/C had quit at 8PM but she did not know to call and get somebody out there. She thought an emergency had to be worthy of a 911 call.
1341a. I am happy the Supremes did not overturn Obama care. Even if I were slightly against it I would not like those judges to take it on themselves to negate a lawful function of lawmakers. My only reservation is, it does not go far enough, not enough like the Canada model.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 07:44 am
1342a. End of the World Lady has moved out of the apartments. I don't mind her striving to bring about said end. I just wish she would leave the rest of us out of it.
1343a. My friend has not left the hospital. He is 83. Still young enough to defeat whatever it is, with the proper care. So I would hope.
1344a. The weather has become rather frightening, these days. I hope all our family and friends can survive and get through in good order.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
On my way home from Cuba. Spending the night in Mexico City before my flight. This was another fantastic trip.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, CI. Good to know you are coming back. I imagine Mexico City has a lot of excitement, what with the election.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 08:42 am
@edgarblythe,
But no alcohol for two days. What a bummer!
0 Replies