What is it with boots and women??????

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:01 pm
What in the name of Bog almighty is it with women and boots? Why are the swoons and thuds heard a plenty when men in tall leather boots is mentioned?

Ok, to be fair many men I know like women in tall leather boots as well but not to the same degree.

So, what's the allure? Boots? All this time I have been wearing seatless jeans for naught.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 15,288 • Replies: 187
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:08 pm
There's your problem, Crave. Seatless jeans.

I just got two new pair of of boots about an hour ago, fancy-stitched Western variety. I'm having to fight the gals off with a stick.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:12 pm
Dammit! I've weathered the weather on my bare bum for naught! I coulda just been a cowboy.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:16 pm
You've been wearing seatless jeans to attract women? Embarrassed Oh boy...

It takes more of a conscious effort to wear boots -- you can't just slide them on or off. So by wearing boots you're making more of a fashion statement, even if you don't think you are. Women love a man who wants to look good!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:19 pm
Ok, the overenthusiastic slaps on the butt in the men's locker room are taking on a whole new meaning.

Ok, check, the seatless thing was for the wrong audience.

And liking a man who wants to look good is understandable.

But boots? Why boots?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:20 pm
Boots are just sooo manly...its almost an instant increase in the testosterone level that we perceive as a good thing (we however keep the right to change our minds about this later on)
Cowboy, Work, Hiking...these are very manly features...kinda like facial hair...although it is interesting that we are more accepting of those traits in women well, not of facial hair but, thats beside the point. Anywho..
My question Craven is...what is it about that gal with the long legs and the tall boots with the sexy heel that arouses you...and why dont you think women couldnt have some sort of visual thing going for us as well?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:21 pm
sometimes i wear leggings, sometimes i wear boots, sometimes i wear nothing at all.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:24 pm
actually...the whole image of boots and chaps ala seatless...is an interesting thought
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:27 pm
How are boots manly? I see more women wearing boots than men! Well maybe.

I know these things can't be explained but really now why boots?

quin,

You ask a very fair question about the boots affect in men. I can explain what it does for me but it's still nowehere on the level of what it does for women it seems.

I like the tall boots on women for several things.

A) they usually have high heels, as we both know this elongates the legs and changes the posture to a boobs and butt out. I (and I think most men) am a sucker for that.

B) It's so contrived a look that it almost falls into the "fantasy wear" category. I had a girlfriend once who always had an outfit to wear for fantasy play and one of them was boot woman.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:40 pm
tall leather boots + man = guaranteed thud

ohyeahohyeahohyeah Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:44 pm
the question was?

[size=7]i think i bumped my head on that thud [/size]
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:45 pm
I have seen several women nearly faint at the sight of dyslexia's knee-high soft leather laced boots.

I don't understand them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
I think, for me, it's an association. I associate it with pirates - big and strong and maybe a little devious. It's an archtype.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
[size=7]i do[/size]
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:02 pm
So it is kinda like fantasy getup for you gals too?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:06 pm
umm, yeah, it can be. Very Happy

and the leather feels sooooooooo good
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
littlek wrote:
I think, for me, it's an association. I associate it with pirates - big and strong and maybe a little devious. It's an archtype.

Big and strong and maybe a little devious.

Certainly, dyslexia fits the archtype.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:18 pm
Oy!
fbaezer, what are you doing to us?
we're just trying to live our little lives of quiet desperation and you keep telling us about dys and his soft leather boots and ...

thud
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 03:05 pm
As a matter of fact I do judge a guy by the footwear. Never really thought about it until this Q popped up.

I envision a man with boots - as dependable, masculine, in charge, yadda yadda yadda.

Regular shoes - don't notice

Shiny shoes - business, workaholic, more into himself than me, requires a maid rather than a partner?

Sandals, flip-flops, any type of shoe that shows skin - dead unsexy, makes me think the guy is effeminate. Now I know all you guys will roar WHAT? Can't we cool off our feet in summertime? What are we supposed to wear? I am sorry. I am not a feet-lover, not even of women, but a mans feet is sexy only naked or in boots!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 03:06 pm
So if I, like post a picture of boots.. will it...

nemind
0 Replies