IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:36 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Ok, you implied he doesn't understand the system. We could still go with uninformed. Apparently he doesn't understand that he didn't have the power to implement what he promised.

I neither stated nor implied that he doesn't understand the system, nor that he was uninformed about how the system worked; those are statements that you have made, not me, so please don't attribute them to me.

Cycloptichorn
Irishk

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, do you think he does understand the system (that, as you said, the President has no actual control over CSPAN or the House-Senate negotiation process)?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:11 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Well, do you think he does understand the system (that, as you said, the President has no actual control over CSPAN or the House-Senate negotiation process)?

Of course he understands the system. His promise to have the discussions televised was foolish - if he didn't intend to hold Pelosi and Reid to it, which apparently he did not.

I think the worst you can say is that he showed poor judgment re: his ability to force the House and Senate to do something that they didn't want to do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:16 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Obama could start by honoring his campaign promise and C-Span's request to televise the negotiations so that those affected by this legislation, the American people, are privy to the kickbacks, shady deals and 'special' provisions that are rumored to be taking place behind closed doors.

Brian Lamb's plea on 12/30/09:

President Obama, Senate and House leaders, many of your rank-and-file members, and the nation’s editorial pages have all talked about the value of transparent discussions on reforming the nation’s health care system. Now that the process moves to the critical stage of reconciliation between the Chambers, we respectfully request that you allow the public full access, through television, to legislation that will affect the lives of every single American.

To televise the negotiations would play into the hands of the Reps, who have vowed (to a man) to scuttle reform.
Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We can always dream; when they jump from one extreme to the next after lying about transparency and "not a dime more," I don't want to listen to any more to their excuses. They had their big chance, because the American people wanted health care reform, but the president and congress blew their chances of gaining credibility this late in the process. Who's going to trust them now?

You are a broken record. Back up what you are saying with facts.
Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:20 pm
Pelosi and Reid do not take direction from Obama relative to C-Span or any other congressional matters.
Irishk

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:35 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
To televise the negotiations would play into the hands of the Reps, who have vowed (to a man) to scuttle reform.

It's been scuttled, apparently by the Democrats.
roger

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:43 pm
@Advocate,
Naturally, your party of choice prefers secrecy.
Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 04:17 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Quote:

Duh, that came later.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 08:59 am
MA says: I got my health insurance, Jack, you can ***.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/01/23/no_thanks_obamacare_mass_is_set/
maporsche

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:31 am
@Advocate,
Why didn't you quote this part?

Quote:
Brown and his advisers knew how to play into those fears, and the Democrats in Congress helped them out. They fought over the specifics of a healthcare bill for months, adding and subtracting provisions. They pushed reform with a car dealer’s urgency and loaded it with backroom deals. They seldom explained themselves directly to the public - suggesting instead that people should trust that they’d like the bill after it passed. It’s no wonder so many Bay State voters were inclined to heed Brown’s message that this was yet another Washington boondoggle.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:48 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Quote:

Obama and the Dems almost pulled off what others have failed to do in a century. And this failure was all because of Ted's demise.
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:48 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Naturally, your party of choice prefers secrecy.

Are you saying that yours is the party of transparency? That would be funny.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:03 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

And this failure was all because of Ted's demise.

WAIT!

That's the ONLY reason you can think of?

!?!?! Seriously ?????!!!!!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:17 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

We can always dream; when they jump from one extreme to the next after lying about transparency and "not a dime more," I don't want to listen to any more to their excuses. They had their big chance, because the American people wanted health care reform, but the president and congress blew their chances of gaining credibility this late in the process. Who's going to trust them now?

You are a broken record. Back up what you are saying with facts.

I never thought I would see a quote from ci that is similar to mine. To answer ci, why did he trust them before, and why would anyone trust a community agitator politician from corrupt Chicago with little or no practical experience doing much of anything, that learned his politics from Marxists? Why, why, why, I keep asking why? It makes no sense. The main reason we are in this pickle is because the mainstream media trumped Obama up as the virtual messiah of the country and world. Why why why? It makes no sense.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:33 am
@okie,
Very simple; something you are unable to digest from the time Obama ran for office and had been elected by the majority of Americans for what he said, and after one year what the American people rate him as our president - one of the lowest of any president. Most Americans believed him (and so did I), and rightly so - after the disaster GWBush left this country with after his eight years in the white house.

You don't remember history or current events, and perceive your imaginary world as if its the world view; it's not.

You're a joke on a2k.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:11 am
And after only one year on the job, the Voters have seen how the Obama adminiatration and this current Congress continue to ignore the will of the people.

The voters in Mass. changed the game.

Now ONE MAN has caused the Democratws to fold up health care plan like a cheap suit. After working for over a year trying to ram a bad bill, they fold up because one man got the message accross to the voters in Mass.

Good Luck Sen. Scott Brown. I hope you stay true to your campaign.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:12 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
Quote:

Mr Brown has two years to prove himself, or they'll find somebody else - guaranteed. People are sick and tired of promises not kept.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 02:29 pm
From the AP today:
Quote:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said the goal remains to pass far-reaching legislation that would expand coverage, reduce costs and improve quality.

The democrats forgot all three important issues for health care reform. I think they're dead in the water on health care reform.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

woiyo wrote:
Quote:

Mr Brown has two years to prove himself, or they'll find somebody else - guaranteed. People are sick and tired of promises not kept.

That's for sure. A Republican junior Senator from an ultraliberal state with zip for seniority had better get on the ball.
0 Replies