"Forget Immigration Laws"

Thomas

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:32 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So again we have the CAUSE is illegal immigration and the EFFECT is an increase in home invasions.

Interesting. What credible evidence can you back that up with?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 03:30 pm
My concern is with the immigrants who don't commit any crime more serious than crossing the border.

We should punish people who commit serious crimes- like rape or murder, whether they are immigrants or not. If someone runs down my kid because they are driving drunk... the fact that the drunk was an American citizen isn't going to make me feel any better..

We should be compassionate toward people want to become citizens who are working hard, raising families and living decent lives. When these people are given the chance to become Americans (which is what they really want) they will continue working, get educations, provide their own healthcare and pay taxes.

The argument about what we should do with rapists is not interesting since we probably all agree.

The issue is what to do with honor roll high school students who will be very productive as citizens... when they become citizens and are given the chance to pursue higher education.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 05:36 pm
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
So again we have the CAUSE is illegal immigration and the EFFECT is an increase in home invasions.

Interesting. What credible evidence can you back that up with?

He might have a correlation, but that is far from cause/effect.

IMO, the CAUSE is poverty....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 05:49 pm
He hasn't even established a correlation. The term "correlation" implies rational thought combined with research which can be backed up by data.

I think what we have here is hysteria-driven conjecture.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:14 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Baldimo, your posts in this other thread are rather ironic

Baldimo wrote:

I smoke I'll be honest. I have a dog in the legalization fight. Pot is the only drug that should be legalized. It doesn't create the same types of issues that other drugs do. It doesn't cause you to be physically addicted but it does have a mental component. I have never had a negative effect from pot to include wanting to rob someone so that I could get more. Other drugs have this effect but not pot. This past election here in CO we had to vote for legalization and I voted yes. It didn't pass but that is going to be a not yet. I don't support the legalization of the dangerous drugs like meth, coke, herion, crack and pcp. Those have a negative effect on society and destroy families.

Please explain why it is ironic?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:02 am
ebrown_p wrote:
He hasn't even established a correlation. The term "correlation" implies rational thought combined with research which can be backed up by data.

As compared to you attempting to rationalize illegal, criminal activity.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:06 am
ebrown_p wrote:

So,you are now going to deny the fact tha LAPD has had several officers killed by illegal immigrants?
Or that Houston has officers killed by illegals?
Or that there are many examples of illegals committing violent crimes?

Are you also denying that during the 70's and 80's in San Diego and Imperial counties home invasions along the border went up,most of them committed by illegals?

Are you so blind that you refuse to see the truth?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:16 am
mysteryman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

So,you are now going to deny the fact tha LAPD has had several officers killed by illegal immigrants?

Are you also denying that during the 70's and 80's in San Diego and Imperial counties home invasions along the border went up,most of them committed by illegals?

All of these examples may well be true. But your claim was that there is a cause-effect relation between illegal immigration and crime. Your anecdotes do not establish any cause-effect relation, or even a correlation. After all, there's plenty of crime committed by indigenous Americans. You haven't established that illegal immigrants are more criminal than indigenous Americans. All you have is anecdotes.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:17 am
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

All of these examples may well be true. But your claim was that there is a cause-effect relation between illegal immigration and crime. Your anecdotes do not establish any cause-effect relation, or even a correlation. After all, there's plenty of crime committed by indigenous Americans. You haven't established that illegal immigrants are more criminal than indigenous Americans. All you have is anecdotes.

The very fact that being here illegally is a crime itself.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:19 am
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I am not saying that illegal immigrants are MORE criminal.
I am saying that the crime rate along the border went up because of the influx of illegals.
There was still crime,but with more illegals invading the southern border region,the crime rate in those areas did go up.
That is an undeniable truth.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:22 am
Baldimo wrote:
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Laughing No one has disputed that. The FACT is L.A. and Houston Police have been killed by black men, too. Was that because they were black? They've been killed by Republicans and Democrats as well. Is that because they were Republicans or Democrats? (Cause and Effect)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:02 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Laughing No one has disputed that. The FACT is L.A. and Houston Police have been killed by black men, too. Was that because they were black? They've been killed by Republicans and Democrats as well. Is that because they were Republicans or Democrats? (Cause and Effect)

We had a Denver cop that was killed by an illegal alien that happened to work in a restraunt that was owned by the Democrat mayor of Denver. Being an illegal alien doesn't make you more prone to crime, but the fact is being an illegal already makes you a crook.

How much less crime would there be without the illegal alien element? How many illegal aliens are sitting in jail right now for crimes not related to there immigration status?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:11 am
Baldimo wrote:
We had a Denver cop that was killed by an illegal alien that happened to work in a restraunt that was owned by the Democrat mayor of Denver. Being an illegal alien doesn't make you more prone to crime, but the fact is being an illegal already makes you a crook.

How much less crime would there be without the illegal alien element? How many illegal aliens are sitting in jail right now for crimes not related to there immigration status?
How much less crime would there be without Black people? How much less crime would there be without Democrats? How much less crime would there be without Republicans? How much less crime would there be without LEGAL immigrants? You are still failing the Cause and Effect Test.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:12 am
Baldimo wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Baldimo, your posts in this other thread are rather ironic

Baldimo wrote:

I smoke I'll be honest. I have a dog in the legalization fight. Pot is the only drug that should be legalized. It doesn't create the same types of issues that other drugs do. It doesn't cause you to be physically addicted but it does have a mental component. I have never had a negative effect from pot to include wanting to rob someone so that I could get more. Other drugs have this effect but not pot. This past election here in CO we had to vote for legalization and I voted yes. It didn't pass but that is going to be a not yet. I don't support the legalization of the dangerous drugs like meth, coke, herion, crack and pcp. Those have a negative effect on society and destroy families.

Please explain why it is ironic?

Baldimo wrote:
A crime is a crime.

Do you really not get it?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:21 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
How much less crime would there be without the illegal alien element?

So, send 'em all back to Mexico or wherever and we'll do a scientific test.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 09:28 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

How much less crime would there be without Black people? How much less crime would there be without Democrats? How much less crime would there be without Republicans? How much less crime would there be without LEGAL immigrants? You are still failing the Cause and Effect Test.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't attempt to cut down on the crimes of illegal immigrants. Last I checked, being black wasn't illegal, being republican or democrat wasn't illegal, being in the country legally isn't illegal.

Being inside the US illegally is a crime. Many illegal aliens commit crimes directly due to their being here illegally. Were they not here illegally, they may not be committing the crimes they are because they would have other routes available to them.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:13 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

There is a cause and effect. Range estimates of illegals in CA being in jail is about half of the prison population. The cause is they are creating crime, which would still be commitied if they weren't here, but the prison population would be less without them. The effect of this is more money spent on the prison system to house people who shouldn't be here in the first place. This in turn is less money to be spent else where. Crime would be less without the illegal alien element involved and the state of CA would have more money to spend on more important programs.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:20 am
Quote:

Range estimates of illegals in CA being in jail is about half of the prison population

This is a lie.

The number of people in CA jails who are "non-citizens" is 10.1% according to the Department of Justice. Obviously the number of "illegals" is less than the number of non-citizens. This was flushed out in the other immigration thread.

Link to debunking on other thread.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:53 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

Range estimates of illegals in CA being in jail is about half of the prison population

This is a lie.

The number of people in CA jails who are "non-citizens" is 10.1% according to the Department of Justice. Obviously the number of "illegals" is less than the number of non-citizens. This was flushed out in the other immigration thread.

Link to debunking on other thread.

I'll except the report, just provide me the link to where the original information was found.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:07 am
Baldimo wrote:

I'll except the report, just provide me the link to where the original information was found.

Link
0 Replies