"Forget Immigration Laws"

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 09:23 am
http://www.airamerica.com/node/3108

This is another reason I don't understand why liberals hate Bush, he's their best friend on the open border policy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,850 • Replies: 87
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:59 pm
There are so many reasons to dislike him that we're able to forgive him on just one of them. :wink:
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:32 pm
That Bush is right about immigration isn't that impressive.

Most National politicians, including the two top Republican contenders for the presidential nomination (McCain and Giuliani) support a comprehensive immigration compromise that I (and most Americans) say they support that includes a path to citizenship for people who are here now.

But that isn't the reason I am furious at Bush. His stubborn refusal to accept that his disasterous war policy has failed is resulting in the death of thousands and great cost to American internationally.

The fact that Bush is reasonable on one issue that is supported by most Americans is not a reason to like him.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 06:41 pm
Silly Me... I didn't click your link before I responded (actually I used to, but then I started to see what your links are normally linked to).

But this is an article about my new Governor... Deval Patrick. He won convincingly even though his views that illegal immigrants should get drivers licenses and be given in-state tutition for state universities was well known. The Republican Candidate ran very hard against Deval's stances on illegal immigration and he defended them (and she was spanked in the polls).

Everyone who voted for Deval Patrick knew his position on illegal immigrant, and the vast majority of voters still voted for him.

Some of us voted for Deval because of his stance on immigration.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:47 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Silly Me... I didn't click your link before I responded (actually I used to, but then I started to see what your links are normally linked to).

But this is an article about my new Governor... Deval Patrick. He won convincingly even though his views that illegal immigrants should get drivers licenses and be given in-state tutition for state universities was well known. The Republican Candidate ran very hard against Deval's stances on illegal immigration and he defended them (and she was spanked in the polls).

Everyone who voted for Deval Patrick knew his position on illegal immigrant, and the vast majority of voters still voted for him.

Some of us voted for Deval because of his stance on immigration.

Since you are so willing to allow people that break our laws to be rewarded for doing so,tell me this.

What other crimes will they be allowed to commit and not be punished?
Will you allow them to commit theft? How about murder? What about rape?

Exactly how many crimes will they be allowed to commit without being arrested?
How many other crimes will you reward them for committing?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:32 am
Simple; Immigration is a good thing. Rape is a bad thing.

This is why millions of Americans are trying to change the laws to help immigrants, and why politicians are now publically standing for compassionate immigration reform. (Not surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be the same political support for laws to help rapists or murderers or thieves).

I understand the legal issue, but I also understand the need for compassion, especially when the current law is so messed up for both immigrants, American business and communities.

Let's have comprehensive solution that meets the needs of business, keeps families together and strengthens communities.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 12:05 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Simple; Immigration is a good thing. Rape is a bad thing.

This is why millions of Americans are trying to change the laws to help immigrants, and why politicians are now publically standing for compassionate immigration reform. (Not surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be the same political support for laws to help rapists or murderers or thieves).

I understand the legal issue, but I also understand the need for compassion, especially when the current law is so messed up for both immigrants, American business and communities.

Let's have comprehensive solution that meets the needs of business, keeps families together and strengthens communities.

You are absolutely correct,immigration is a good thing.

ILLEGAL immigration however,is a bad thing.
Note the word ILLEGAL.

So,since you seem to think its ok to break one law,you must therefore think its ok to break other laws.
I wanna know what those other laws are.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 12:16 pm
There is a big difference between illegal rape and illegal immigration.

Would you say this?

Quote:

Rape is a good thing.

ILLEGAL rape however,is a bad thing.
Note the word ILLEGAL.

Comparing illegal rape and illegal immigration is not a good argument. (I am making the assumption that you would think rape is bad even if it weren't illegal.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 01:23 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So,since you seem to think its ok to break one law,you must therefore think its ok to break other laws.

It's generally known that people who cross the street at red lights support murderers if not are murderers themselves.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:54 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Would you say this?

Quote:

Rape is a good thing.

Note the word ILLEGAL.

Comparing illegal rape and illegal immigration is not a good argument. (I am making the assumption that you would think rape is bad even if it weren't illegal.)

ILLEGAL RAPE???????
What have you been smoking?
Rape is a crime,nobody is arguing that.
Entering this country without getting a visa or otherwise getting permission (if you are a foreign national,that means a citizen of another country) is ILLEGAL.

You apparently think it should not be illegal,so lets make a deal.
I will move into your house,eat your food,use your utilities and generally do whatever I want to,and you will do nothing about it.

Of course,I will demand that you pay all of my medical bills,and that you speak to me in a language other then english.
If you refuse to comply,I will accuse you of being a racist,and then I will tear your house up in protest.

That must be agreeable to you,because you are in favor of that now.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:56 pm
Am I the only one that thinks that LoneStarMadam and mysteryman make a beautiful couple?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:59 pm
No, gussie... I'm with you on that one... and it's sure nice to see your name above your pic Smile I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone all day.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:05 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that LoneStarMadam and mysteryman make a beautiful couple?

So your advocating for gay marriage? Which one is the inserter and which is the insertee?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:11 pm
Mysteryman wins the toss and elects to receive.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:11 am
ebrown_p wrote:

Would you say this?

Quote:

Rape is a good thing.

Note the word ILLEGAL.

If you are going to make a comparison, do it right. Rape is illegal sex. Sex is a good thing, illegal sex however, is a bad thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:13 am
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

That is one of the most masochistic phrase I've read the last couple of months. Shocked
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:19 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

That is one of the most masochistic phrase I've read the last couple of months. Shocked

In the context of ebrown_p's poor anaology, it will have to do.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:00 am
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

Remember ebrown supports and has compassion for illegal aliens who have broken the law by being here and working. Forgives them for other crimes they commit including ID theft which they use to hold their illegal jobs. But when it comes to citizens who spark a conversation on the train he is rude even though they have done nothing but say something to him. So much for the compassion of those on his side of the aisle.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

Shocked Rape is a damn sight worse than illegal sex... and it was MM's idiotic analogy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:40 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

Shocked Rape is a damn sight worse than illegal sex... and it was MM's idiotic analogy.

No, ebrown_p first made the comparison.

I agree that rape is a horrible act, but at it's very root, that's what rape is combined with being an act of dominance and power. I could have included many adjective describing how horrible it is.

But, read back through the thread Bill, you will see that ebrown is guilty of the stupid analogy.
0 Replies