"Forget Immigration Laws"

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
I agree that rape is a horrible act, but at it's very root, that's what rape is combined with being an act of dominance and power. I could have included many adjective describing how horrible it is.

a) that's exactly the masochistic viewpoint,

b) you didn't include a single adjective.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:47 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I agree that rape is a horrible act, but at it's very root, that's what rape is combined with being an act of dominance and power. I could have included many adjective describing how horrible it is.

a) that's exactly the masochistic viewpoint,

b) you didn't include a single adjective.

I did so purposely to make the point Walter.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:01 am
Your apology is worse than your original submission, being as you've had time to consider and reconsider. Confused And, no, it was MM who first suggested illegal immigration was analogous to "theft, rape and murder". Ebrown was simply demonstrating what an idiotic comparison it was... and did a fine job of it at that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:04 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Your apology is worse than your original submission, being as you've had time to consider and reconsider. Confused And, no, it was MM who first suggested illegal immigration was analogous to "theft, rape and murder". Ebrown was simply demonstrating what an idiotic comparison it was... and did a fine job of it at that.

I wasn't apologizing.

MM asked a question. Ebrown made an analogy.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:20 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Rape is illegal sex.

That is one of the most masochistic phrase I've read the last couple of months. Shocked

In the context of ebrown_p's poor anaology, it will have to do.
Shocked Rape is a damn sight worse than illegal sex... and it was MM's idiotic analogy.

Actually,it wasnt my analogy.
I asked Ebrown if one crime is acceptable,what other crimes does ebrown consider acceptable.
Yes,I mentioned rape,but I could have used any type of crime.

Would you feel better if I had said theft,forgeiry,burglary,or other non violent crimes instead?

Either way,a crime is a crime,no matter how you classify it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:32 am
Comparing illegal immigration to a violent crime has to be one of the most assinine things I've read lately.

Walter made the point better, and more subtly, but subtle doesn't seem to get through.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:05 am
DrewDad wrote:
Comparing illegal immigration to a violent crime has to be one of the most assinine things I've read lately.

Walter made the point better, and more subtly, but subtle doesn't seem to get through.

A crime is a crime.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:12 am
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

A crime is a crime.

Then let's have the same penalty for all crimes, eh?

Death to jaywalkers!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:15 am
DrewDad wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

A crime is a crime.

Then let's have the same penalty for all crimes, eh?

Death to jaywalkers!

I don't think anyone has called for he death of illegal aliens. We have called for the removal of illegals to their own home countries. If you want to we can go start giving fines and jail time for jay walkers as well as those who steal, deal drugs, or even those who forget to pay traffic tickets.

I didn't say that there were different levels of crime, I just said that a crime is a crime.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:16 am
mysteryman wrote:
I asked Ebrown if one crime is acceptable,what other crimes does ebrown consider acceptable.

I'm not Ebrown, but let me answer his questions anyway. I find all statutory crimes acceptable unless they violate anyones natural rights. Apart from immigration without a permit, these include gambling, prostitution, and the production, sale, and consumption of drugs. On the other hand, theft, murder, and rape -- the crimes you brought up -- violate their victims' natural rights to life, liberty, and property. Hence I find them unacceptable.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:21 am
Baldimo wrote:
I didn't say that there were different levels of crime, I just said that a crime is a crime.

Please. After I differentiate violent crime and illegal immigration, the statement "a crime is a crime" is clearly an attempt at refutation.

Your foot is already firmly in your mouth. By all means, attempt to wedge it in tighter.

On re-reading:

Baldimo wrote:
I didn't say that there were different levels of crime...

You are correct. That is exactly what you didn't say.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:27 am
Thomas wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

I'm not Ebrown, but let me answer his questions anyway. I find all statutory crimes acceptable unless they violate anyones natural rights. Apart from immigration without a permit, these include gambling, prostitution, and the production, sale, and consumption of drugs. On the other hand, theft, murder, and rape -- the crimes you brought up -- violate their victims' natural rights to life, liberty, and property. Hence I find them unacceptable.

Lets examine this further,because your answer is interesting.

Gambling...
Those addicted to gambling have been known to lie,cheat and steal to get money to gamble,thinking that their big payout is with the next turn of the card or next spin on the slot machine.
"Loansharks" prey on those with a gambling problem,often times using violence to demand repayment of loans that can never be paid off.

Prostitution...
Prostitutes are often the victim of violent crimes,usually committed by a "john" that wasnt happy.
They are victimized by pimps that use threats and intimidation to keep them in line,sometimes killing one as an example to others.
Some prostitutes carry STD's,including AIDS.

Production, sale, and consumption of drugs...
You cant be serious on this one!!
People are getting killed by addicts all the time,addicts are getting killed by drugs that contain poisonous materials or that arent cut properly.
Gangs like the Crips and the Bloods are constantly killing each other over turf wars,about who will control the drug trade in the neighborhood.

For you to think that any of these crimes hurt noone is rather naive on your part.
I will agree,if you want prostitution to be legal,then do it the way Nevada does it,with legal cathouses and biweekly medical exams for the women working in them.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:34 am
ebrown_p wrote:
There is a big difference between illegal rape and illegal immigration.

Would you say this?

Quote:

Rape is a good thing.

ILLEGAL rape however,is a bad thing.
Note the word ILLEGAL.

Comparing illegal rape and illegal immigration is not a good argument. (I am making the assumption that you would think rape is bad even if it weren't illegal.)

What a f--king spin doctor. There's a special place in hell for folks like ebp.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:39 am
mysteryman wrote:

I will agree,if you want prostitution to be legal,then do it the way Nevada does it,with legal cathouses and biweekly medical exams for the women working in them.

There where Thomas and I life, neither gambling nor prostitutuion is illegal.

(And pathological gambling is a recognised illness [ICD-1033; DSM-IV2].)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:48 am
Mysteryman wrote:
Gambling...
Those addicted to gambling have been known to lie,cheat and steal to get money to gamble,thinking that their big payout is with the next turn of the card or next spin on the slot machine.
"Loansharks" prey on those with a gambling problem,often times using violence to demand repayment of loans that can never be paid off.

There are laws against some forms of lying, some forms of cheating, and all forms of stealing. I don't think there are, nor ought to be, laws against loan sharking. But there are most definitely laws against braking a debtor's kneecaps if he doesn't pay back. Together, these laws protect adequately against those who violate other people's rights because of gambling. I think additional laws against gambling add little in the way of protection, but do infringe on the rights of those who can gamble without being addicted.

mysteryman wrote:
Prostitution...
Prostitutes are often the victim of violent crimes,usually committed by a "john" that wasnt happy.
They are victimized by pimps that use threats and intimidation to keep them in line,sometimes killing one as an example to others.
Some prostitutes carry STD's,including AIDS.

Prostitution is legal in here in Germany, just as Walter said. The problems you mention are controlled effectively through the usual laws and police tactics against violent crimes, and mandatory STD tests. The natural rights violations you bring up here are real, even grave sometimes. But it seems to be criminalization, not legalization, that makes these them hard to control

Mysteryman wrote:
Production, sale, and consumption of drugs...
You cant be serious on this one!!
People are getting killed by addicts all the time,addicts are getting killed by drugs that contain poisonous materials or that arent cut properly.
Gangs like the Crips and the Bloods are constantly killing each other over turf wars,about who will control the drug trade in the neighborhood.

The same was true for alcohol during the prohibition era. (In another era, Al Capone might have simply run the liquor store around your corner, and nobody would have ever heard of him.) The booze criminality problem receded quickly as soon as prohibition was abolished. I expect the same if drug prohibition came to be repealed. But I admit one cannot be sure.

mysteryman wrote:

I'm fine with that. Analogously, and to get back to the topic of immigration, I have no problem expelling with a free-immigration regime under which immigrants have to register, an are expelled as soon as they commit a crime like theft, murder, et cetera.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:03 pm
Baldimo, your posts in this other thread are rather ironic

Baldimo wrote:

I smoke I'll be honest. I have a dog in the legalization fight. Pot is the only drug that should be legalized. It doesn't create the same types of issues that other drugs do. It doesn't cause you to be physically addicted but it does have a mental component. I have never had a negative effect from pot to include wanting to rob someone so that I could get more. Other drugs have this effect but not pot. This past election here in CO we had to vote for legalization and I voted yes. It didn't pass but that is going to be a not yet. I don't support the legalization of the dangerous drugs like meth, coke, herion, crack and pcp. Those have a negative effect on society and destroy families.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 01:11 pm
Thomas has this pegged. It is foolhardy to compare immigration violations to crimes against people, let alone violent crimes. Immigration violations are a crime against no one. Every argument to the contrary fails the Cause and Effect test. Great examples, Thomas. I concur 100%
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 01:32 pm
I disagree 100%. Anybody here illegally is sapping the system that residents pay for through taxation. Emergency rooms are overrun and closing down due to non-paying illegals. Is the answer to just have me pay for them? Hell no.

No justice - no peace. Deport illegals now. By force if necessary.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 11:18 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Thomas has this pegged. It is foolhardy to compare immigration violations to crimes against people, let alone violent crimes. Immigration violations are a crime against no one. Every argument to the contrary fails the Cause and Effect test. Great examples, Thomas. I concur 100%

You have got to be kidding.
There are reports all the time of illegal aliens being involved in crime.
There is a dead cop in L.A. that was murdered by an illegal alien,who then fled to Mexico.

Here is a whole website with crimes committed by suspected or known illegal aliens...
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=27

So the CAUSE was illegal immigration and the EFFECT was cops and others getting killed or hurt by illegal aliens.

Aslo,I grew up along the Border in San Diego,and I know first hand that illegals are responsible for an increase in breakins and burglaries along the border as they look for food and water after sneaking across the border.

So again we have the CAUSE is illegal immigration and the EFFECT is an increase in home invasions.

So,the argument that immigration lawsfail the cause and effect test is a false one on your part,and I know you know that.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 12:03 pm
Is a Nation permitted to control it's borders and control the movement of non-citizens?
0 Replies