C-130 Gunship Fires On Al Qaeda

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 03:36 pm
Quote:
A U.S. air strike in Somalia missed its main target of three top al Qaeda suspects but killed up to 10 of their allies, a senior American official said on Thursday.
The strike killed eight to 10 "terrorist targets" but the United States is still pursuing the three most wanted suspects, the official told reporters on condition of anonymity.
A U.S. official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity said an Ethiopian air strike may have hit one of the top three.

"It's possible -- possible -- that Sudani was killed in an attack by military forces from another country. That's the current thinking," the official in Washington said.
An intelligence official, also in Washington, said "it is believed" that hardline Islamist leader Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys and his Afghanistan-trained protege Aden Hashi Farah Ayro were among the al Qaeda affiliates targeted by the U.S. strike.
reuters
0 Replies

anton

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:49 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
anton wrote:
America condemned over attack in Somalia, the whole world condemns it and so it should, the US is the catalyst for all the death and destruction in the modern world; if there ever was an axis of evil the United States of America is it.
They have destroyed the Middle East and in the process they have murdered thousands of innocent men women and children and now they are taking their aggression to Africa where more lives will be thrown into chaos as they are in Iraq.

George Bush your evil regime is not wanted in the civilized world, the time has come for democratic nations to stand together and ostracise your evil administration, you have destroyed a once admired and respected country, you have usurped your countries democracy with your patriot act and your so called war on terror, you are so blinded by your megalomania that you can't see the forest for the trees … You are the terrorism in the world and the sooner you are out of office the sooner decent America can once again take its place in a world that wants only peace.

Your post consists only of unsubstantiated opinion. Why, for instance, should American not attack an Al Qaeda training camp? They attack us, after all. How about supporting one of these opinions?

Nero fiddled while Rome burned, you should visit Australia and ask the Aussies for their opinion of the Bush regime, eight weeks ago I was in the UK and opinions were the same. This US administration uses fear to cow the American people but finally those same people are getting the message, the only problem is George Bush is listening to no one only his own confused ego … America talks up terrorism and the bombing and killing of innocent civilians in Somalia has only created a whole bunch of new enemies for the US.

Wake up with the rest of your countrymen who tried to send a message to Bush at your last election, you can't win peace at the point of a gun, stop threatening others and engage in dialogue with your enemies; that is the only way forward!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:51 am
Negotiate with terrorists? Right anton... you are with them.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:29 am
anton wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
anton wrote:
America condemned over attack in Somalia, the whole world condemns it and so it should, the US is the catalyst for all the death and destruction in the modern world; if there ever was an axis of evil the United States of America is it.
They have destroyed the Middle East and in the process they have murdered thousands of innocent men women and children and now they are taking their aggression to Africa where more lives will be thrown into chaos as they are in Iraq.

George Bush your evil regime is not wanted in the civilized world, the time has come for democratic nations to stand together and ostracise your evil administration, you have destroyed a once admired and respected country, you have usurped your countries democracy with your patriot act and your so called war on terror, you are so blinded by your megalomania that you can't see the forest for the trees … You are the terrorism in the world and the sooner you are out of office the sooner decent America can once again take its place in a world that wants only peace.

Your post consists only of unsubstantiated opinion. Why, for instance, should American not attack an Al Qaeda training camp? They attack us, after all. How about supporting one of these opinions?

Nero fiddled while Rome burned, you should visit Australia and ask the Aussies for their opinion of the Bush regime, eight weeks ago I was in the UK and opinions were the same. This US administration uses fear to cow the American people but finally those same people are getting the message, the only problem is George Bush is listening to no one only his own confused ego … America talks up terrorism and the bombing and killing of innocent civilians in Somalia has only created a whole bunch of new enemies for the US.

Wake up with the rest of your countrymen who tried to send a message to Bush at your last election, you can't win peace at the point of a gun, stop threatening others and engage in dialogue with your enemies; that is the only way forward!

Yeah because talking work for those fighting the Nazi's in WWII. Guess what happened when people tried to talk with Hitler? They were killed in mass #'s. We don't want that to happen again. Ask those countries that have been dealing with terrorism longer then the US has. I'm sure talking has worked with Israel and their enemies. Israel has been attacked 3 times since it was established over 50 years ago. Talking sure works with people who want to kill you. Why don't you suggest that the terrorists talk with the US instead of continuing to trying to kill Americans.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:41 am
Baldimo wrote:
anton wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
anton wrote:

Yeah because talking work for those fighting the Nazi's in WWII. Guess what happened when people tried to talk with Hitler? They were killed in mass #'s. We don't want that to happen again. Ask those countries that have been dealing with terrorism longer then the US has. I'm sure talking has worked with Israel and their enemies. Israel has been attacked 3 times since it was established over 50 years ago. Talking sure works with people who want to kill you. Why don't you suggest that the terrorists talk with the US instead of continuing to trying to kill Americans.

Why don't we ask England? They dealt with Terrorism from the Irish for well over a hundred years.

And they didn't give up their freedoms to solve it, they didn't go to war to solve it. They talked it out and came up with a solution.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:41 am
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Interesting that don't kill them equates to join them.

Or even, stop them but don't take pleasure in killing them equates to join them.

Neutronium for brains....

How do we stop them without killing them? Do we understand them and bow down to their way of life?

Why don't we simply try staying out of their way of life first?

How do we do that?

Do we stop all support for Israel?
Do we withdraw every American citizen from the middle east?
Do we stop buying oil from the ME?
Do we stop all humanitarian aid?
Do we stop all of their involvement in the World Bank and the WHO?
Do we deny them a seat in or kick them out of the UN?
Do we deny them access to medical aid or financial aid?

If we do all that,will they love us and leave us alone,or will they continue to attack us or our interests worldwide?

If they attack us after we
Quote:
try staying out of their way of life
are we then free to retaliate?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:49 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Why don't we ask England? They dealt with Terrorism from the Irish for well over a hundred years.

And they didn't give up their freedoms to solve it, they didn't go to war to solve it. They talked it out and came up with a solution.

Cycloptichorn

Well, that's what Bush said.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 01:57 pm
anton wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
anton wrote:

I didn't ask you for public opinion polls, nor slogans. I asked you why you consider it wrong for us to attack people who have attacked us numerous times and are planning, by their own word, more attacks. I didn't ask if you thought it was wise or effective, either. I am asking why you consider it to be unjustified. I'm sure that your only viable mode of response to my questions is to ignore what I ask and simply re-state your opinions.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:33 am
Sad, sad, sad … This is all so pathetic, the Rambo mind-set is alive and well in this forum, and it seems obvious to me that you all believe your own fiction. If I was an American I would be really concerned regarding the global opinion of this US administration and Americans in general, defending your countries hostility is not what I would call patriotic, you are just validating what the world believes … Take a look around the internet, read the news articles and opinions that are being expressed in regard to George Bush and company; they are turning the US into the pariah of the world!

Did you ever hear of the British war, to rid what was then Malaya of communism? I'm sure you didn't because it was never called a war it was called an Emergency but none the less it was a war. It lasted from 48' to 1960, British and Commonwealth soldiers were killed and wounded but the Brits didn't kill innocent men, women and children, they didn't use nuclear weapons (Depleted Uranium tipped bombs and shells) as the Americans have, they went about winning hearts and minds and talking to their enemies until finally a peace settlement was reached.

Don't talk to me about the Second World War, I lived through it from 1939, through the incessant bombing when thousands of civilians were killed and the Americans sat on their hands refusing to be drawn into what they called a European War; it wasn't until Japan attacked Pearl Harbour and Adolph Hitler declared war on the US in 1942 that America was dragged into the battle … Britain and her allies stood alone against the might of the Third Reich for two years, so don't you talk to me about the Second World War; the US got very rich from that conflict, Britain made the final repayment just a month ago, including the interest, on aid they received from America via the Lend Lease Plan.

Is the escalation and troop build up worth it? In my opinion it definitely is not, more innocent Iraqis will be killed and sadly so will young US men and women who are over there doing the duty asked of them by a Bush administration, the least he could do is send his daughters to fight in Iraq?
0 Replies