C-130 Gunship Fires On Al Qaeda

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 06:08 pm
Quote:

None known about anyway, but Al Qaeda sure loves you guys....I wonder why that is?

I'm not sure where you found evidence of this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 06:18 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
There are no Al Qaeda liberals.

Al Qaeda looks to violence first and only violence. They think that if they kill enough of the enemy they will win. They ignore the fact that each time they hurt us, our resolve gets stronger.

Al Qaeda believes that anything they do is right, and that anything their enemies do is wrong. They don't want to negotiate... they are so sure they are right they will go to any means to win. They certainly don't care about what the international community.

Al Qaeda uses each military action the take, each civilian we kill each person who dies in Iraq as an excuse for their own violent acts-- and they get support from the conservatives around them in this.

Al Qaeda supporters cheer when their attacks kill people, and they don't care if the people they kill are military, or mistakenly identified as military or innocent bystanders.

It would be nice if there were more people in the Muslim world that decried violence, that looked for diplomacy first, that strengthened and cheer peace and that lamented the deaths of people even when they felt the action that killed them was justified.

It would be nice if theere were more people in the US that felt this way as well.

There are no liberals in Al Qaeda. Thank God there are liberals in the US.

None known about anyway, but Al Qaeda sure loves you guys....I wonder why that is?

It shouldn't surprise you that Al Qaeda, who are pro-war and seek to accomplish their goals through violence, love the liberals in the US who seek peace before war, care about human rights, hate the idea of killing even if it is necessary and love giving more rights and liberties to people.

It is the same as you conservatives in the US who love (and are working to support) the liberals in the Middle East who are opposing violence and trying to set up freer societies with more rights.

It doesn't make any sense since Al Qaeda, and the American conservatives make each other much stronger by taking actions that rally public support to their respective sides. The conservative in the US would not have near the political support had it not been for 9/11, and Al Qaeda uses US militar action championed by conservatives for recruiting and to get support from ordinary citizens of ME countries.

It doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it seems to be. But, I am a liberal... maybe you can explain it to me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 07:06 pm
I'll give it a stab. Logic and reason doesn't applly when you are dealing with Islamic zealots that want the world to be the way it was 1000 years ago, who hate women and despise western culture.

I say kill 'em all before they kill us.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:24 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure where you found evidence of this.

Cycloptichorn

You mean there are members of Al Qaeda in the Democratic party? Shocked
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:15 am
Quote:
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- The suspected al Qaeda militant who planned the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in east Africa was killed in an American airstrike in Somalia, an official said Wednesday.

"I have received a report from the American side chronicling the targets and list of damage," Abdirizak Hassan, the Somali president's chief of staff, told The Associated Press.

"One of the items they were claiming was that Fazul Abdullah Mohammed is dead."

Mohammed allegedly planned the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 225 people.

He is also suspected of planning the car bombing of a beach resort in Kenya and the near simultaneous attempt to shoot down an Israeli airliner in 2002. Ten Kenyans and three Israelis were killed in the blast at the hotel, 12 miles north of Mombasa. The missiles missed the airliner.

Mohammed is thought to have been the main target of an American helicopter attack Monday afternoon on Badmadow island off southern Somalia.....

CNN
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:46 am
Hey Brandon9000, thanks for the link to that article. It also said that "Also Wednesday, Somalia's Deputy Prime Minister said American troops were needed on the ground to root extremists from his troubled country, and he expected the troops soon." Jeez, I hope not. I say let the locals do the work on the ground, except that the USA would probably send in some snake-eaters to work with them, which I am sure has already happened. The USA does a good job of air support, so it would be better off going with its strength.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:54 am
Last I heard, the AU was assembling a force to take over for the Ethiopian army in Somalia.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:57 am
Hey McGentrix, pardon my ignorance, but what is the AU?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:13 am
African Union, kind of like the EU (European Union).
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:15 am
Added to the strikes in Somalia, B1s have been hitting sites in Iraq. Maybe somebody finally woke up.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:22 am
Thanks McGentrix. I should of known that. I think it is a good thing that the locals are getting their butts in gear.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:06 am
Vinny Z wrote:
Thanks McGentrix. I should of known that. I think it is a good thing that the locals are getting their butts in gear.

Now you are "Able 2 Know". Laughing
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:58 am
Bada-bing!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:19 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Quote:
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- The suspected al Qaeda militant who planned the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in east Africa was killed in an American airstrike in Somalia, an official said Wednesday.

"I have received a report from the American side chronicling the targets and list of damage," Abdirizak Hassan, the Somali president's chief of staff, told The Associated Press.

"One of the items they were claiming was that Fazul Abdullah Mohammed is dead."

Mohammed allegedly planned the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 225 people.

He is also suspected of planning the car bombing of a beach resort in Kenya and the near simultaneous attempt to shoot down an Israeli airliner in 2002. Ten Kenyans and three Israelis were killed in the blast at the hotel, 12 miles north of Mombasa. The missiles missed the airliner.

Mohammed is thought to have been the main target of an American helicopter attack Monday afternoon on Badmadow island off southern Somalia.....

CNN

Good ... 8 years late.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:42 pm
They're still firing on the terrorists. I hope it's kept on going until every one of them are deader'n a door nail, then keep it going in Iraq, Afghanistan, anywhere the terrorists are.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 02:28 am
America condemned over attack in Somalia, the whole world condemns it and so it should, the US is the catalyst for all the death and destruction in the modern world; if there ever was an axis of evil the United States of America is it.
They have destroyed the Middle East and in the process they have murdered thousands of innocent men women and children and now they are taking their aggression to Africa where more lives will be thrown into chaos as they are in Iraq.

George Bush your evil regime is not wanted in the civilized world, the time has come for democratic nations to stand together and ostracise your evil administration, you have destroyed a once admired and respected country, you have usurped your countries democracy with your patriot act and your so called war on terror, you are so blinded by your megalomania that you can't see the forest for the trees … You are the terrorism in the world and the sooner you are out of office the sooner decent America can once again take its place in a world that wants only peace.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:33 am
anton wrote:
America condemned over attack in Somalia, the whole world condemns it and so it should, the US is the catalyst for all the death and destruction in the modern world; if there ever was an axis of evil the United States of America is it.
They have destroyed the Middle East and in the process they have murdered thousands of innocent men women and children and now they are taking their aggression to Africa where more lives will be thrown into chaos as they are in Iraq.

George Bush your evil regime is not wanted in the civilized world, the time has come for democratic nations to stand together and ostracise your evil administration, you have destroyed a once admired and respected country, you have usurped your countries democracy with your patriot act and your so called war on terror, you are so blinded by your megalomania that you can't see the forest for the trees … You are the terrorism in the world and the sooner you are out of office the sooner decent America can once again take its place in a world that wants only peace.

Your post consists only of unsubstantiated opinion. Why, for instance, should American not attack an Al Qaeda training camp? They attack us, after all. How about supporting one of these opinions?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:08 am
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:06 am
Bush Administration Empowers Somali Warlords Who Killed U.S. Troops
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/110107empowerswarlords.htm
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:28 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Bush Administration Empowers Somali Warlords Who Killed U.S. Troops
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/110107empowerswarlords.htm

What a lie!! The Ethiopians cleared the way for US planes to get in there & finish the job.
I can't believe some people, blame America first, last, & always.
0 Replies