C-130 Gunship Fires On Al Qaeda

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Waltism (tm) spotted.

I didn't asked you - or are you switching between two memberships? - and I really don't know what to do with that response to my question.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:35 pm
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Interesting that don't kill them equates to join them.

Or even, stop them but don't take pleasure in killing them equates to join them.

Neutronium for brains....

How do we stop them without killing them? Do we understand them and bow down to their way of life?

Why don't we simply try staying out of their way of life first?

We tried that when Clinton was in office and see how well that worked. 9/11 is what happens when you stay out of their way of life. Remember they attacked the US first not the other way around.

I suppose if they stayed out of our way of life then we wouldn't bother them either.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:38 pm
Baldimo wrote:
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Or even, stop them but don't take pleasure in killing them equates to join them.

How do we stop them without killing them? Do we understand them and bow down to their way of life?

We tried that when Clinton was in office and see how well that worked. 9/11 is what happens when you stay out of their way of life. Remember they attacked the US first not the other way around.

I suppose if they stayed out of our way of life then we wouldn't bother them either.

9/11 is what happened because we don't stay out of other people's way of life. It is amazing to me that you could see it any other way.

OBL didn't just wake up and decide that he hated America for no reason. While he is a butcher and murderer and should be caught - and I should add that I have no problem with our gunships shooting these people up - and tried, he isn't crazy or illogical. It is a mistake to think that he is.

The true solution to our problem will require adjustments and concessions on our part as well as theirs. It is far more logical to believe that the answer lies in the middle, then at the extreme end either way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:39 pm
Has anybody asked a question here that wasn't rhetorical?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:49 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

9/11 is what happened because we don't stay out of other people's way of life. It is amazing to me that you could see it any other way.

OBL didn't just wake up and decide that he hated America for no reason. While he is a butcher and murderer and should be caught - and I should add that I have no problem with our gunships shooting these people up - and tried, he isn't crazy or illogical. It is a mistake to think that he is.

The true solution to our problem will require adjustments and concessions on our part as well as theirs. It is far more logical to believe that the answer lies in the middle, then at the extreme end either way.

Cycloptichorn

9/11 was because we didn't stay out of their lives? Care to explain that one. As far as I know we didn't do anything to OBL prior to 9/11. We had forces in Saudi Arabia but that was on behalf of the Saudi govt. OBL not being a member of the Saudi govt or at that point even being a Saudi citizen had no say in what we were doing there. Remember we had troops there to keep an eye on Saddam who had tried to take over part of the middle east 10 years before. If that was his beef then he went around it the wrong way.

Were we supposed to sit back and say "opps our bad".
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:52 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Pretty much the same reason we don't try staying out of the Mafia's way.

LSM started this thread with a quote from bin laden which I find a bit ironic, here

Bin Laden is quoted everywhere and on most of them he (and other terrorist) bring up about how for years and years the west (namely the US) has interfered in their countries and governments and have killed their people.

Text: 'Bin-Laden tape'

Quote:
As for us, we do not have anything to lose. The swimmer in the sea does not fear rain. You have occupied our land, defiled our honour, violated our dignity, shed our blood, ransacked our money, demolished our houses, rendered us homeless, and tampered with our security. We will treat you in the same way.

Not everything is so black or white, most of the time it is all the colors in between. What I mean by that is while I don't advocate just rolling over and letting bin Laden and Al-Queda kill us without us defending ourselves; (I was and am for the Afghanistan war and capturing Bin Laden) there comes a time when you can talk with your enemies and find out each points of grievances or else live in endless wars and death.

One of the terrorist point of view is our interference in Middle East. All I am saying is that at some point maybe we reduce our presence in the Middle East and reduce taking sides and interfering and pay attention to our own country many neglected needs.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
What do we do with the millions of people in the ME that don't wish to be murdered by Islamic fundamentalists or live under Sharia law? Just turn our back on them? Tell them "Sorry, we are too afraid of being attacked again."?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
Vinny Z wrote:
Has anybody asked a question here that wasn't rhetorical?

No . . . and that includes this question of yours.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:12 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
revel wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Cycloptichorn

9/11 was because we didn't stay out of their lives? Care to explain that one. As far as I know we didn't do anything to OBL prior to 9/11. We had forces in Saudi Arabia but that was on behalf of the Saudi govt. OBL not being a member of the Saudi govt or at that point even being a Saudi citizen had no say in what we were doing there. Remember we had troops there to keep an eye on Saddam who had tried to take over part of the middle east 10 years before. If that was his beef then he went around it the wrong way.

Were we supposed to sit back and say "opps our bad".

Bin Laden sees himself as a quasi-religious figure (much like Bush, he believes that God has told him that he is to do certain things). As Revel states in the post beneath mine, Bin Laden has written numerous pieces over the years detailing the things he considers to be 'US meddling in his life.'

Remember that Bin Laden's ultimate goal is not the defeat of the US by a horde of Muslim Jihadis. He isn't stupid and it is a huge error to assume that he is. Rather, his goal is to defeat us economically and politically, and you must realize by now that they are winning. The war is costing us huge amounts of money and turning our allies around the world against us.

This is one of the major reasons that I push for alternative fuels so much, even if they aren't as cheap and efficient as oil - not just for enviornmental reasons, but so we actaully can get the hell out of the Middle East and let them deal with their own problems.

McG,
Quote:

What do we do with the millions of people in the ME that don't wish to be murdered by Islamic fundamentalists or live under Sharia law? Just turn our back on them? Tell them "Sorry, we are too afraid of being attacked again."?

We tell them, rise up and throw off your oppressors!

And if they decide not to do that, it isn't our responsibility to do it for them.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:12 pm
Very good. I was afraid I was too hip for the room.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:13 pm
Which was me answering Setanta, of course.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:27 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Bin Laden sees himself as a quasi-religious figure (much like Bush, he believes that God has told him that he is to do certain things).

Aren't we all on a mission from god?

http://www.msu.edu/user/constanz/blues.brothers.jpg
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:37 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Killing people puts you in a good mood... huh Madam?

It must be a great time to be someone who loves war.

When it's people that want to kill me or my family, yeah, I can't say that i object.
Loves war? Naw, I just love life, too bad you aren't enjoying yours. I suppose if more Americans were to be killed that you might look a bit more favorably on war.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:39 pm
great pic, great movie

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 01:41 pm
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

We don't stop them without killing them. If we put them behind bars theyget out or the ACLU & leftist wackos screech & gnash their teeth about the poor terrorists
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 02:04 pm
Baldimo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

I've made my views on this quite clear.

Treat them like the criminals they are. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Someone killed by a cop is a criminal... someone killed by a soldier is a warrior.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:55 pm
There are no Al Qaeda liberals.

Al Qaeda looks to violence first and only violence. They think that if they kill enough of the enemy they will win. They ignore the fact that each time they hurt us, our resolve gets stronger.

Al Qaeda believes that anything they do is right, and that anything their enemies do is wrong. They don't want to negotiate... they are so sure they are right they will go to any means to win. They certainly don't care about what the international community.

Al Qaeda uses each military action the take, each civilian we kill each person who dies in Iraq as an excuse for their own violent acts-- and they get support from the conservatives around them in this.

Al Qaeda supporters cheer when their attacks kill people, and they don't care if the people they kill are military, or mistakenly identified as military or innocent bystanders.

It would be nice if there were more people in the Muslim world that decried violence, that looked for diplomacy first, that strengthened and cheer peace and that lamented the deaths of people even when they felt the action that killed them was justified.

It would be nice if theere were more people in the US that felt this way as well.

There are no liberals in Al Qaeda. Thank God there are liberals in the US.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 05:11 pm
If you substitute bushco for Al Queda in ebrowns post.... they are spookily accurate. Damn.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 05:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If you substitute bushco for Al Queda in ebrowns post.... they are spookily accurate. Damn.

You had to go and say that out loud....
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 06:06 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
There are no Al Qaeda liberals.

Al Qaeda looks to violence first and only violence. They think that if they kill enough of the enemy they will win. They ignore the fact that each time they hurt us, our resolve gets stronger.

Al Qaeda believes that anything they do is right, and that anything their enemies do is wrong. They don't want to negotiate... they are so sure they are right they will go to any means to win. They certainly don't care about what the international community.

Al Qaeda uses each military action the take, each civilian we kill each person who dies in Iraq as an excuse for their own violent acts-- and they get support from the conservatives around them in this.

Al Qaeda supporters cheer when their attacks kill people, and they don't care if the people they kill are military, or mistakenly identified as military or innocent bystanders.

It would be nice if there were more people in the Muslim world that decried violence, that looked for diplomacy first, that strengthened and cheer peace and that lamented the deaths of people even when they felt the action that killed them was justified.

It would be nice if theere were more people in the US that felt this way as well.

There are no liberals in Al Qaeda. Thank God there are liberals in the US.

None known about anyway, but Al Qaeda sure loves you guys....I wonder why that is?
0 Replies