I Have A Friend That Is Black...

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 05:31 pm
Mexica wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I think she should close the clubhouse and have a candle light ceremony next time the anniversary of Tupacs death rolls around .....

Beyond moronic...sub moronic.

calm down Mexica.... that fantasy idea would be to stir up the real morons..... I notice it got a rise out of you.....
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:18 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Mexica wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I think she should close the clubhouse and have a candle light ceremony next time the anniversary of Tupacs death rolls around .....

calm down Mexica.... .

Again, your willingness to display your idiocy doesn't seemed to constrained by a desire to appear lucid. Only a fool would claim and believe that (s)he could ascertain my emotional state based on my post. Again, your "fantasy" was beyond moronic; and if said with sarcastic intent, it was boring.

Now relax, and don't worry about my emotional state.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
Mexica wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Mexica wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

calm down Mexica.... .

Again, your willingness to display your idiocy doesn't seemed to constrained by a desire to appear lucid. Only a fool would claim and believe that (s)he could ascertain my emotional state based on my post. Again, your "fantasy" was beyond moronic; and if said with sarcastic intent, it was boring.

Now relax, and don't worry about my emotional state.

Welcom to a2k, Mexica. Plain to see you're a fun guy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:27 pm
I'd say based on your two posts.... that your emotional state reflected a really snotty dick who was attempting to bully in a passive aggressive manner... usually the classic signature attitude of the dickless pussy.

Of course I'm an idiot and I'm probably wrong, I'm sure you're one hell of a guy and manly too. I'm merely refering to the assumption one might make based on your tone.

I look forward to being proven wrong and bedazzled by further examination of your interactions here. Man all that thinking really hurts my head though.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:27 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

Welcom to a2k, Mexica.

Thank you.

edgarblythe wrote:

Plain to see you're a fun guy.

I guess I have my moments. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:32 pm
The only problem I have with MLK day is that it over-simplifies the struggle. Many people fought for civil rights. It started way longer ago than the 1950s and 60s. And, Rosa Parks and many others get ignored or glossed over in schools and texts around the country. And focusing on "I have a dream" over-simplifies King's brilliance as well.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:35 pm
littlek wrote:
The only problem I have with MLK day is that it over-simplifies the struggle. Many people fought for civil rights. It started way longer ago than the 1950s and 60s. And, Rosa Parks and many others get ignored or glossed over in schools and texts around the country. And focusing on "I have a dream" over-simplifies King's brilliance as well.

"Oversimplifies the struggle"?
Who was more central to the civil rights struggle of black people?
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'd say based on your two posts.... that your emotional state reflected a really snotty dick who was attempting to bully in a passive aggressive manner... usually the classic signature attitude of the dickless pussy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:41 pm
Snood, I don't mean to belittle the effect of MLK, thinking about him can bring tears to my eyes. But, I also know he was no angel. I know that his brilliance blinded many, especially after all these years, to everyone else who helped lead the movment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:45 pm
neither, although I would consider it a way to show utter disrespect for an individual who comes charging in rattling a limp sabre (oops there I go again) when it's unnecessary.

And I'm not a psychologist, I'm a musician. I'm not a proctologist either, but I know an asshole when I see one, not like I'm suggesting you are, I don't know you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:52 pm
littlek wrote:

I understand your point and it's well taken, but for whatever reason MLK ws, as snood said, the most central figure to the civil rights movement. When celebrating his birth and recognizing his contibutions I think it's a given that others' made important and brave contirbutions of their own.
Malcom X also laid down his life for te struggle, and Rosa Parks I think is a VERY well known figure. Here in Barney land I was just listening to a story on NPR about the two Aggie students in Greensboro who made their brave move at the Woolworth lunch counter.

We do not celebrate the birthdays of Stephen, first martyr stoned for his Christian beliefs, or St. Peter, crucified upside down, and yet his memory and contributions are in no way diminished.

Man I'm about a preachy bastard tonight. No more wine. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:54 pm
littlek wrote:
BPB, rember that thing about restraint?

did I attack you? I didn't mean to.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:56 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

And I'm not a psychologist, I'm a musician.

Given your obvious fascination with and panache for writing in derogatory terms about the phallus, I would've taken you for a beer swilling hooker.

A musician, eh? The flute, I bet. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:58 pm
I find that remark insulting. I'm a wine drinker and I've only been paid for sex that one New Years Eve. She was pretty randy for 72.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:59 pm
You can take most any figure from history and expose some warts, or you can look at the over-riding body of their work and judge accordingly. I prefer to look at the positive side of MLK and honor his work, well aware of the blood shed in the cause of civil rights from at least the early days of the first slaves.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm a wine drinker and I've only been paid for sex that one New Years Eve. She was pretty randy for 72.

Umm, cool?
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:09 pm
littlek wrote:

Many historical events are overly simplified. I mean, Lincoln didn't "save the union" all on his own, right? No one more than Mr. King singularly personifies the Civil Rights Movement. But I do see your point and agree that the movement was much more than Mr. King.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
littlek wrote:

I was refering to your chat with mexica...... I deleted my post, now you look like you're making **** up! <heehee>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:16 pm
Listen folks, I hold very high regards for MLK. I do. I can't speak about the man without crying. I do not mean to diminish his place in history. I just wish there was enough room for more folks in there, that's all. I do realize that most or all historical heroes are warty...... And that there are too many heroes to teach about them all.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:17 pm
littlek wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
littlek wrote:

I was refering to your chat with mexica...... I deleted my post, now you look like you're making **** up! <heehee>

beeyotch..... Evil or Very Mad :wink:

and besides he started it...... and made me cry.
0 Replies