I Have A Friend That Is Black...

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:28 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Mexica wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
man that really struck a nerve close to home with you didn't it?

Oh, of course it did. You 'net tough-guys are so..."manly."

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

can't let it go Laughing

There some irony there.

**Adds the obligatory Laughing**

Good thing I'm here to take you under my wind Amigo.

You need to also be warned against taking on Bi-Po the cyber-Hard Man.

The rules here are that Bi-Po gets to engage in scatological and/or sophomoric sexual invective and if you, in one fashion or another, object; you are revealed as having some hyper-sensitivity to his vulgar suggestions. [You know, you must be a queer if you get mad at someone calling you a fag] Classic Middle-School debate tactic, but there you go - he is able to assume the mantle of Lefty Badass and therefore his childish antics are tolerated.

When The Big Balls Rocker comes into play, move on. He's too tough for the likes of you and me.

Finn, Finn got it wrong again. I addess certain people in a certain way all the time to show my utter lack of respect for them. I know you don't care, but that's my motive.

I don't talk to everyone the same way for the same reason I capitalize everyones name except for our president and vice president. A small way of expressing my disdain for those I consider sub human.

As for playing the tough guy it's well known on these boards I'm just a little Bear. I'm not playing the tough guy I'm just not intimidated by dick heads.

In 2007 however I have deciced to try a different approach. Since I pretty much like everyone here, even though I have nasty disagreements with some of the very people I like from time time I'm not going to get into any pissing contest with more peple like you or your buddy who claims to reside south of the border. I've already stopped responding to another just like you and now I will not respond to you any longer.

I've noticed over the last few years that no matter what sort of name calling, bitter disagreements and nastiness goes on here that when someone is sick, or loses a loved one there is an outpouring of empathy and true concern here from all sides and philisophical or political differences are forgotten..... except for a small group..... they are always silent when the big crunch comes and then jump back in when there's some **** to fling. That's not how you act when you are part of a community, even a cyber space community, and those of you who do behave that way are beneath notice IMO.

So you two whatever it is you are go ahead and get the last word in on this thread. You're not worth getting thrown off A2k for.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:45 am
kelticwizard wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
Oh, incidentally, Baldimo has a black wife. Why that's germane, I have no idea.

Then I hope he doesn't mind my post. It was the way he phrased it.

If a man is married to a black woman, I expect him to say, "My wife is black". I have a hard time imagining him phrasing it, "I have a black wife". Putting it the that way implies there very probably is more than one.

I phrased my post because of the title of the thread. No offence taken. Just so you know I can barely handle the one wife I have let alone trying to handle more then one. I guess that is why I never became a morman (sp?). Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:58 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
And how do you describe yourself nimh old boy?

Why, as a paragon of virtue, patience and good sense of course.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:01 am
snood wrote:
I think if people generally "disagree with King's actions", then they can't credibly be considered "reasonable".

Why?
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:04 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Mexica wrote:
My point is that, reasonably people can disagree with Martin Luther King's actions and decide that he is unworthy of honor and celebration and not be racist.

So a reasonable person can disagree with King's actions to overturn laws preventing black people from voting and his efforts to institute laws preventing racial discrimination in hiring and public accommodations and still not be racist?

Yes, of course. Or was the Malcolm X a racist for disagreeing with Dr. King's actions?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:11 am
Baldimo wrote:
I phrased my post because of the title of the thread.

Ahhh, I had forgotten the title of the thread. You wrote it the way you did to match the thread title.

Oops. Embarrassed
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:20 am
Mexica wrote:
Yes, of course. Or was the Malcolm X a racist for disagreeing with Dr. King's actions?

I see. So it is your considered opinion that the white lady who spoke against the use of the clubhouse to celebrate Martin Luther King Day, and who spoke of a supposed black friend who said that King never did anything for her, is not necessarily someone who opposed King's nonviolent efforts to secure the vote for blacks and prevent discrimination in employment, jobs and housing? Rather, you feel that instead she is very likely someone who felt that King should have abandoned nonviolence to achieve these goals and instead should have used "whatever means necessary" to achieve them?

That's your interpretation of the situation? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:30 am
Mexica wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Mexica wrote:
My point is that, reasonably people can disagree with Martin Luther King's actions and decide that he is unworthy of honor and celebration and not be racist.

So a reasonable person can disagree with King's actions to overturn laws preventing black people from voting and his efforts to institute laws preventing racial discrimination in hiring and public accommodations and still not be racist?

Malcolm X had a dramatic awakening that caused him to begin to see the sense in what Dr King did...
This was a part of what brought about his unfortunate assassination(sp?_...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:58 am
snood wrote:
Mexica wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Mexica wrote:

Malcolm X had a dramatic awakening that caused him to begin to see the sense in what Dr King did...

At the hands of the Nation of Islam. Nice of them to kill their own members for not agreeing. Kind of like what is going on now in the ME. Good to see things haven't changed much.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
It is true that Malcolm X did not like Martin Luther King, but the two did start to patch things up near the end of Malcolm X's life.

But Malcolm X's problem with King was that he felt King did not push hard enough for the right of blacks to vote, or to end discrimination in hiring, housing, etc. However, of the people I know who like Malcolm X, not one is upset at the celebration of Martin Luther King Day.

So we may dismiss any notions that the white lady who was upset that the community clubhouse was going to be used to celebrate Martin Luther King Day instead of being used for her weekly bridge game might feel that way because she believes that King did not push hard enough for the equality he sought.

Which, by process of elimination, leaves the obvious conclusion that she disliked King and his holiday because King had the nerve to push for those things at all. Which indeed qualifies her as a racist.

Again, she is not a racist merely for thinking that other Americans deserved a day more than King. She reveals herself as a racist when she is so very opposed to the King holiday that she is seriously upset that it's yearly celebration causes her weekly bridge game to be cancelled, while she has no problem while so many other minor holidays are celebrated in the clubhouse.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:24 pm
I would happily celebrate a Malcolm X holiday also.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:13 pm
Baldimo wrote:
snood wrote:
Mexica wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Mexica wrote:

At the hands of the Nation of Islam. Nice of them to kill their own members for not agreeing. Kind of like what is going on now in the ME. Good to see things haven't changed much.

This was a useless hateful dig.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:31 pm
I would dance naked in abject bliss at a Malcolm X parade.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:58 pm
Big Malcolm X fan, are ya?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:04 pm
HUGE! He's one of the four people I most often mention as heroes or inspirational people.

He's one of the bravest people I've read about.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:07 pm
I read his autobiography 3 times, at 3 different points in my life.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:18 pm
This is one of the funniest threads I've read on this forum. Such adulation, such fawning, such a crock. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:21 pm
snood wrote:

hey bud! did your opinions changs?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:28 pm
Glad to see you back Husker.

Dunno re your and my opinions, just as persons posting..

On Malcolm, what you all say is the gist of my memory.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:31 pm
snood wrote:

Care to share your thoughts?

I really hated him for a while.

His epiphany dazzled me. And, then, his refusal to deny it.

I wrote a short story about him.
0 Replies