The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:02 pm
@robinekin,
We saw 2 . SUPER 8 was a Spielberg Kids movie that had a lot of buzz. I didnt think too much of it. It was a friendly crab like ET who was trying to get home despite our evil govts attempts at imprisoning it. With the help of a bunch of kids (back story of a budding romance between kids), the alien gets home. Kinda trite and a bit lame.

THEN we saw two DVDs from a PBS money raising event that some friends sent in money to support. It was a series called "INTO THE WILDERNESS"
It was the two part story of a guy named Dick Preohnecke who took off to live in anAlaskan Wilderness for 30 years. He built or made everything he had. It was fascinating and quite enjoyable. It wopuld make the Farmermans list of movies you can watch again and again.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
We watched Once . A modern-day musical about a busker and an immigrant and their eventful week in Dublin, as they write, rehearse and record songs that tell their love story. Very nice movie with good Irish music!

We also liked The Namesake . American-born Gogol, the son of Indian immigrants, wants to fit in among his fellow New Yorkers, despite his family's unwillingness to let go of their traditional ways.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We saw 2 . SUPER 8 was a Spielberg Kids movie that had a lot of buzz.
[SPOILERS!!]

Blerg Farmerman! Dear Lord Farmerman! Did you leave the movie theater after watching Empire Strikes Back and while walking by the next group of people waiting in line to see the film, speak out loud, "WOW! Who knew that Darth Vader was Luke's father? That was a shocker!"

Did you reveal who Keyser Soze was to anyone who didn't see The Usual Suspects? Laughing Rolling Eyes
Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
LOL...we need spoiler tags Smile

Jane -- we loved both those movies. Have watched each more than once.
Irishk

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:16 pm
@robinekin,
That does look good (I looked up the trailer). I love that kind of thing -- especially seeing the places that I won't be able to visit any time soon.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
I enjoyed The Namesake also. I'll keep an eye peeled for Once--I love Irish music and have lovely memories of Dublin.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:36 pm
@firefly,
I have recently watched Vinci and found it tolerable and recommendable.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 08:12 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

LOL...we need spoiler tags Smile

Jane -- we loved both those movies. Have watched each more than once.

I totally agree!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 08:58 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
you talk too much ratzenhofer
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 08:00 pm
Okay we put Antonio to bed so now Marco and I can watch Bad Santa, he is so naughty Wink
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:30 am
We rented Thor, but got a badly pressed DVD and the last few minutes wouldn't play...at all lol.

Entertaining (and I'm pretty sure the ending wasn't all that surprising) Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:09 am
@Irishk,
Ooooh! You missed the point when Betty White came in in a twist cameo as she wrestled Thor's hammer from Thor and she fled with it on a flying pig to the other side of the galaxy. What twist ending! What a shame you missed the ending Irishk!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:38 am
@tsarstepan,
Took a lovely beachside education when I watched M. Hulot's Vacation: Quite charming and I didn't get any sand in my underpants. Plus no sunburn!
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0046487/
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Spoiler-rat!!! Ima demand a refund of my $1.20!!!
jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:08 pm
@Irishk,
Our little man is sound asleep so we are watching Pirates 4.
Irishk

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 10:51 am
@jcboy,
We watched Limitless with the yummy Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro on Netflix streaming. Loved it!
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 11:50 am
Last night we watched Even the Rain a gripping Spanish movie (También la lluvia) about a movie being filmed in Cochabama, Bolivia about Christopher Columbus' brutal treatment of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, the film crew's own exploitation of the indigenous peoples in that city that they hire as extras in the film, and the water riots that took place there in 2000.

I highly recommend it.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 05:42 pm
@Irishk,
Oh I saw that movie, it's great and you're right! Bradley Cooper is such a hottie!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:16 pm
We’re watching the New Conan on PPV. Pretty good, a bit gory though.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:30 pm
@jcboy,
BTW? What is Conan O'Brien's weapon of choice?