224

The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Meh. It was better than watching the news.

I have "cut the cord", so I read the news on my computer. As the days trudge on, I find that I don't want to get very involved with the virus stuff. I read the headlines, and maybe a paragraph of a story, and then go on to something innocuous.
Sturgis

1  
Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:13 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I share your opinion Phoenix. For a while I made the mistake of watching/listening and reading the daily briefings. It was too much and mostly not informative. (mainly because I was over thinking it all)

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:06 pm
I just finished binge watching "The Fall". It is a British drama series about a twisted serial killer.

Gillian Anderson (remember her, from the X files) plays a police officer who is sent from London to Belfast to solve a murder. She soon realizes that the person responsible for this murder is a serial killer.

The story is very dark, but captivating as well. Anderson, as well as all the other actors, do a masterful job.

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:34 pm
Just watched the season finale of "The Blacklist". Apparently, the episode was half finished when the virus struck, and so the cast couldn't finish in the usual way.

What they did was fill in the undone parts with drawings, with their regular voices.. Apparently the actors were in many places. It was quite a job, and absolutely fascinating.
Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:34 pm

What they did was fill in the undone parts with animation, with their regular voices.. Apparently the actors were in many places. It was quite a job, and absolutely fascinating.

snood

2  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 06:51 pm
I was so wrong about Gemini Man. Avoided seeing it for a long time because I thought it would be stupid melodrama augmented by hokey-looking CGI. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
A great performance by Will Smith. In both parts he plays. I should have learned to stop underestimating him. A great action packed movie with a great story underneath. Kept me engrossed from beginning to end.
Highly recommend.

Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 01:23 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

They did a decent job with that, Phoenix.

But my takeaway was from the opening comments of the actors spread all over. Diego Klattenhoff (Ressler); Harry Lenox (Cooper); and Hisham Tawfiq (Dembe) all looked great in beards.

Looks like lots of guys like to grow facial hair when cooped up.

2  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 03:10 pm
Watched "The Artist" last night.

Directed by Michel Hazanavicius
Stars Michel Hazanavicius
Starring Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo

Utterly charming.

https://resizing.flixster.com/mS_x2rKA5H3Lty8wAQKHNmNnzjA=/206x305/v1.bTsxMTE2NTY2NztqOzE4NDg5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 04:16 pm
@chai2,
saw Jumanji II last Friday , streamed it from someplace,I forget. It was kinda lame but funny. I do enjoy watching :The Rock" , hes more a comedic actor than a full on adventure movie star.
snood

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 07:48 pm
Have you seen his portrayal of a gay bodyguard/actor/country western singer in ‘Be Cool’?

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:20 pm
@snood,
The Rock???? Really.....??

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:21 pm
@snood,
I didn't like the Bodyguard either, it was contrived and sappy.

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:22 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Was "The Fall" on Netflix?

snood

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:24 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The Rock???? Really.....??

I know - macho in the flesh. That’s what makes it so funny. He’s actually not that bad of an actor.

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:31 pm
@snood,
Don't tell anybody, but I have a crush on the Rock......well not really a crush, he makes me laugh.

1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:38 pm
@snood,
We watched Jo Jo Rabbit Sunday night.....I think it's worth watching, but some of the dialog is cringe-worthy...but that's me....it's hard to see humor in such a dark period.

Phoenix32890

2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 04:51 am
@glitterbag,
I saw "The Fall" on Amazon Prime.

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 10:32 am
I just finished binge watching "Rectify", on Netflix. It is a dark, many layered film about an 18 y.o. man who was on death row for 19 years. Apparently, he was coerced into confessing the rape/murder of a 16 y.o. girl.

The character development and family dynamics is this show is wonderful. The only problem is, that I would have rather watched it w/o the virus. It just was a bit too much emotionally.

snood

1  
Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 05:25 pm
I love me some Joaquin Phoenix and Robert Deniro, and I’ve heard about the great performances in Joker. But I could only watch for about 20 minutes before the movie was way past my weirdness limit.
jcboy

2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 10:25 am
@snood,
Batman! Joaquin Phoenix is easily without a doubt the 4th best Joker tied with Cesar Romero. Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, and Heath Ledger ahead of him. We don't talk about Jared Leto.

But honest opinion, like all the critics who didn't like it, I feel Joker just took itself way too seriously for essentially a mashup of Falling Down and Fight Club. Did we really need to see Bruce Wayne's parents get killed AGAIN?