The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:34 pm
Just watched the season finale of "The Blacklist". Apparently, the episode was half finished when the virus struck, and so the cast couldn't finish in the usual way.

What they did was fill in the undone parts with animation, with their regular voices.. Apparently the actors were in many places. It was quite a job, and absolutely fascinating.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 06:51 pm
I was so wrong about Gemini Man. Avoided seeing it for a long time because I thought it would be stupid melodrama augmented by hokey-looking CGI. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
A great performance by Will Smith. In both parts he plays. I should have learned to stop underestimating him. A great action packed movie with a great story underneath. Kept me engrossed from beginning to end.
Highly recommend.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 01:23 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Just watched the season finale of "The Blacklist". Apparently, the episode was half finished when the virus struck, and so the cast couldn't finish in the usual way.

What they did was fill in the undone parts with drawings, with their regular voices.. Apparently the actors were in many places. It was quite a job, and absolutely fascinating.

They did a decent job with that, Phoenix.

But my takeaway was from the opening comments of the actors spread all over. Diego Klattenhoff (Ressler); Harry Lenox (Cooper); and Hisham Tawfiq (Dembe) all looked great in beards.

Looks like lots of guys like to grow facial hair when cooped up.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 03:10 pm
Watched "The Artist" last night.

Directed by Michel Hazanavicius
Stars Michel Hazanavicius
Starring Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo

Utterly charming.

https://resizing.flixster.com/mS_x2rKA5H3Lty8wAQKHNmNnzjA=/206x305/v1.bTsxMTE2NTY2NztqOzE4NDg5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 04:16 pm
@chai2,
saw Jumanji II last Friday , streamed it from someplace,I forget. It was kinda lame but funny. I do enjoy watching :The Rock" , hes more a comedic actor than a full on adventure movie star.
snood

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 07:48 pm
@farmerman,
Have you seen his portrayal of a gay bodyguard/actor/country western singer in ‘Be Cool’?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:20 pm
@snood,
The Rock???? Really.....??
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:21 pm
@snood,
I didn't like the Bodyguard either, it was contrived and sappy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 09:22 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I just finished binge watching "The Fall". It is a British drama series about a twisted serial killer.

Gillian Anderson (remember her, from the X files) plays a police officer who is sent from London to Belfast to solve a murder. She soon realizes that the person responsible for this murder is a serial killer.

The story is very dark, but captivating as well. Anderson, as well as all the other actors, do a masterful job.

Was "The Fall" on Netflix?

snood

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:24 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The Rock???? Really.....??

I know - macho in the flesh. That’s what makes it so funny. He’s actually not that bad of an actor.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:31 pm
@snood,
Don't tell anybody, but I have a crush on the Rock......well not really a crush, he makes me laugh.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 May, 2020 11:38 pm
@snood,
We watched Jo Jo Rabbit Sunday night.....I think it's worth watching, but some of the dialog is cringe-worthy...but that's me....it's hard to see humor in such a dark period.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 04:51 am
@glitterbag,
I saw "The Fall" on Amazon Prime.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 10:32 am
I just finished binge watching "Rectify", on Netflix. It is a dark, many layered film about an 18 y.o. man who was on death row for 19 years. Apparently, he was coerced into confessing the rape/murder of a 16 y.o. girl.

The character development and family dynamics is this show is wonderful. The only problem is, that I would have rather watched it w/o the virus. It just was a bit too much emotionally.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 05:25 pm
I love me some Joaquin Phoenix and Robert Deniro, and I’ve heard about the great performances in Joker. But I could only watch for about 20 minutes before the movie was way past my weirdness limit.
jcboy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 10:25 am
@snood,
Batman! Joaquin Phoenix is easily without a doubt the 4th best Joker tied with Cesar Romero. Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, and Heath Ledger ahead of him. We don't talk about Jared Leto.

But honest opinion, like all the critics who didn't like it, I feel Joker just took itself way too seriously for essentially a mashup of Falling Down and Fight Club. Did we really need to see Bruce Wayne's parents get killed AGAIN?
chai2

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 10:31 am
@jcboy,
Damn jcboy, you are more handsome than ever!

How's life?
jcboy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 11:06 am
@chai2,
Laughing hehe I'm getting old. Life is good and busy. Been working from home for a while now, kids are home schooled, the Rican is working in different hospitals, mostly Los Angeles County, sometimes 12 hour shifts! He's only had one day off since March! He said he's never seen so much death! they lose a patient everyday! Crying or Very sad
chai2

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 11:33 am
@jcboy,
You’ve got a good man there.

Somebody up there must like you.
jcboy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 12:22 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You’ve got a good man there.

Somebody up there must like you.

I may keep him around until he turns 40 then trade him in for two twenty year olds Cool
0 Replies