The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 07:23 am
I just saw "Live Free or Die Hard". I am not a fan of Bruce Willis, and don't particularly like testosterone fueled action movies.

I will make an exception in this case. Willis plays his part superbly, the action scenes are wonderful, as was the great audio. If you are looking for a good escape flick, and can suspend your credulity, this one fills the bill.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 01:13 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

snood wrote:
It seems to be a trend in modern story telling - nontraditional endings where no one wins, no one accomplishes anything

sounds like most of real life, what's the problem

No problem at all...
Unless of course one happens to have preferences in entertainment, and one happens to like movies precisely because they are entertainment, and not real life.

other than that, no problem.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 08:49 pm
After coming home from dinner we watched Pinocchio. Such a good movie.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 08:53 pm
@jcboy,
It is indeed....we still watch Jungle Book once in a while.
--

We're on the Hitchcock series again, Stranger in the Train tonight!
jcboy

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 01:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
The house is clean, my roast is in the oven and waiting for Isabel to come over and in the meantime watching "Home Alone" "Keep the change ya filthy animal". Smile
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 09:27 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bzj33
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 07:34 pm
Watching A Christmas Story "No, you'll shoot your eye out."
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 09:54 pm
@jcboy,
We just watched 12 Monkeys on recommendation from izzythepush
(because I said that Brad Pitt is a lousy actor) - it was a good movie and I have to admit that Brad Pitt was actually good in it, but he had a minor role in the movie which was even better Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:09 am
@CalamityJane,
Thanks, I was worried you might not like it.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:07 pm
@izzythepush,
No no, I did like it, thank you for the recommendation. As a total opposite,
we're watching Snow white and the seven dwarfs - after all these years, it is still a favorite of my daughter Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 03:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
I don't know if it's out in America, but there's a brilliant BBC sitcom on at the moment written by Ricky Gervais called Life's Too Short starring a dwarf called Warwick Davis.
snood

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 08:24 am
Watched "Super 8" the other night. It's a great sci-fi/fantasy, and the young actors who play the six friends who stumble onto something awesome and terrifying are fan-freaking-tastic. Really genuine sounding dialog - you easily buy into their relationships with each other and their reactions to what occurs.

Pretty cool family flick. Was very entertained by it.
Irishk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:01 am
@snood,
We watched that, too! Very cute! That little Fanning girl did a great job...as did all the kids.
snood

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:39 pm
@Irishk,
I wasn"t aware that Dakota had a mega-talented sister until this. She was really good.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
@snood,
I loved the film and was shocked how it didn't do much better then expected at the box office.
jcboy

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Marco and I just watched Absentia on PPV. Excellent movie.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:34 pm
@izzythepush,
No, izzy, we don't have it here. There are so many brilliant BBC series we don't get over here - unfortunately, as I'd love to see them.
---

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:33 am
@CalamityJane,
It's only just begun (Oh God I sound like Karen Carpenter) so there's often a lag between our two countries, although usually you get to see things first. I think Gervais said it was going to be on HBO, so it shouldn't be too long.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 09:02 pm
Just finished watching the surprisingly upbeat Page One: Inside the New York Times (2011).

Both critical and reverent, this documentary is quite solid without coming off like an infomercial, a hagiography, or a blistering critique of the nation's most important newspaper of record.
0 Replies

robinekin

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 08:55 am
I just watched a film in the internet called “Life in a Day”,which was integrated by many short vedios from YouTube within one day,and it show us that what dose the people do and care about everyday in different areas in the world,anyway,I have more interestings to experience different life in other areas after watching the film.