The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:53 am
Apocolypse Now - Went to see it in a theater with my wife, when it was new. A promising beginning rapidly went bad, particularly with the introduction of Marlon Brando. I enjoyed a good snooze shortly, after his appearance.

Watched Frank and Jesse the other day. Film makers have apparently run out of innovative ways to tell the story of the James-Younger escapades. I was bored somewhat, and turned off when Jesse laid his pistol on the table for the Ford boys to use on him. As he gets up on the chair to adjust the picture, I am thinking, "Die, ignorant bastard."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:01 am
Over the last four weeks I watched Lonesome Dove, on ION TV. While I don't dispute it's better than average, for the most, I thought it too long and rambling. Would have enjoyed a more compressed version immensely.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:41 am
That was a TV mini-seriesn -- trying to traverse the entire made-for-TV movie would be tiresome. Imagine if it had been a theatrical release or maybe three films like LOTR?
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:45 pm
Transformers......caught a pre-release showing today(Sunday).
Wow,full on,crash bang wallop,all action from start to finish.Michael Bay sure knows how to blow stuff up.The kids will love it,but some adults should leave their brain at home.
I loved it Very Happy .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:09 pm
It's already on DVD? You aren't watching pirated movies, are you Barry?
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 02:38 am
I liked Apocalypse Now (including Brando).

I saw a smattering of war films this weekend.
- Blood Diamond, OK, particularly because Leo is unrecognisable.
- Letters from Iwo Jima, saw it in Japanese without sub titles, but with some knowledge of the historical background you could follow the main action.
- Indigènes (Days of Glory, 2006), French film commemorating the contribution of colonial soldiers to the liberation of France in 1945 and how they were NOT respected and rewarded for that.

Oh and I also saw The Village, and did not think it as bad as it was made out to be. The only weak point is the father giving away the mystery to the blind girl, it would have been more suspenseful if he hadn't.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 02:54 am
Lightwizard wrote:

Oops,sorry LW,I posted in the wrong section.Please delete my post if possible.
Barry crawls away with a very red face Embarrassed Embarrassed .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:41 am
"Kinky Boots". I liked it. Fun. But here's something that's always baffled me...why does a regular sized man appear massive when wearing a dress?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:52 am
barrythemod wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Naw -- I've done it.

Start it as a topic. Actually there hasn't been a topic on new theatrical movies in general for a long time. I tried one, but obviously a lot of A2Kers
depend on DVD and cable releases on newer movies.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 01:20 am
Lightwizard wrote:
barrythemod wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Naw -- I've done it.

Start it as a topic. Actually there hasn't been a topic on new theatrical movies in general for a long time. I tried one, but obviously a lot of A2Kers
depend on DVD and cable releases on newer movies.

Thanks mate,I'll give it a shot.If nobody else joins in,I'll treat it as a Blog Cool .
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:51 pm
I just saw Bad Boys II. I think it came out a long time ago but I just watched it on Monday afternoon during a rainy vacation day in Florida Sad It was on TBS so of course some of the language was beeped out but all in all a good movie.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:19 am
I saw Antibody (2002), a surprisingly badly acted sf thriller along the lines of the Fantastic Voyage (1966), and Ichi the Killer (2001), a Japanese, manga-inspired sm gore fest which is almost as bloody as Braindead (1992).
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:29 am
I JUST WATCHED THE HILLS HAVE EYES II, i mean it has this scene where the lead mutant guy rapes the cute hispanic girl it was the worst ever, i know its fake but it got me thinking about real rapes and how horrible they must be and how much i hate rapists.

But yeah the movie sucked balls. But the gore scenes were cool i guess.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
I just saw a whopper of a movie on DVD. It is called "Raise the Red Lantern"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0101640/plotsummary

It is set in China in the 1920's. It concerns the life of a lovely19 year old girl who is married off, against her will, to a feudal lord, who has three other wives, each living in her own house on the compound. The relationships amongst the women in an atmosphere of stultifying traditions, are portrayed with grace and sensitivity. A must see!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:39 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

It is set in China in the 1920's. It concerns the life of a lovely19 year old girl who is married off, against her will, to a feudal lord, who has three other wives, each living in her own house on the compound. The relationships amongst the women in an atmosphere of stultifying traditions, are portrayed with grace and sensitivity. A must see!

Love that film, directed, incidentally by Ang Lee who directed "Brokeback Mountain." The production design is breathtakingly beautiful and the story engrossing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:44 am
Yesterday I watched "Grand Canyon" an excellent little film with Danny Glover, Kevin Kline and Steve Martin.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:52 am
The last one I saw that I rented was Hannibal Rising. I could hardly watch it because of the small child involved, but it was well done.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:34 am
"The Shooter" with Marky Mark and Danny Glover. I lost interest about halfway through.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 05:22 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Love that film, directed, incidentally by Ang Lee who directed "Brokeback Mountain." The production design is breathtakingly beautiful and the story engrossing.

Love it, too!
Phoenix, by some coincidence, I dug up my old VHS copy (from way back) & watched it again recently. Just as wonderful this time around as before!

Speaking of Ang Lee, does anyone remember The Ice Storm? I thought that was pretty good, too!
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:40 am
Ghostrider with Nicholas Cage and Sam Elliot - comic book cool Cool
0 Replies