224

The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

1  
Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 10:52 pm
farmerman wrote:

Remember another demographic is made up of young Americans two generations of whom dont even know who Jimmy Hoffa was.

I knew very little about Jimmy Hoffa prior to seeing The Irishman. Afterwards? Jimmy Hoffa must have been a bloody idiot. He could had so many chances to save his scrawny ass. Kind of playing with fire but dumping 10 truckloads of dynamite on a bonfire while he was 5 feet away from whole thing.

What were we supposed to learn from The Irishman? It's a film that could have had 30+ minutes shaved off of it. Great acting and script. Not so sure it needs to be seen at the movie theater. I rated it an 8/10.

1  
Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 11:00 pm
Don't get me started about how many people think the 'iron curtain' is something the dentist throws over your torso when they X-ray your teeth. ((I know it's lead.......that's another sore point))

InfraBlue

2  
Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 11:29 pm
Just finished watching Yesterday, about the Beatles and their songs disappearing from the world save in the mind of one obscure musician (and a couple of Boomer fans) who chooses his girlfriend over fame and fortune through plagiarism of the songs. The personal sub-theme with the girlfriend was weak and unconvincing. The larger Beatles songs theme made up for that weakness.

Sturgis

1  
Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 12:27 am
...The Irishman

In my odd form of preparing for this, I watched Mean Streets (1973) which was Scorsese directed and contained Keitel, DeNiro. Figure to see The Irishman within the week.

1  
Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 07:19 am
@Sturgis,
remember its streaming through Netflix. Our subscription covers a bunch of distribution methods. We still get some as CDs hre their library is almost infinite