The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

snood

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 08:11 am
@izzythepush,
No, I mean... oh, ok funny man.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 08:14 am
@snood,
After Life follows Tony, whose life is turned upside down after his wife dies from breast cancer. He contemplates suicide, but instead decides to live long enough to punish the world for his wife's death by saying and doing whatever he wants. Although he thinks of this as his "superpower", his plan is undermined when everyone around him tries to make him a better person. It is set in the fictional town of Tambury, where Tony works as a journalist at the local free newspaper, The Tambury Gazette.
Thank you wiki.
chai2

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 09:35 am
@eurocelticyankee,
I watched the first season of After Life, and loved it.
Season 2 is on my list.
It's very very good.

Totally different type of show, but Season 2 of "Dead to Me" has come out, and that's a fun watch.
Not a funny story, well, kinda is, but enjoyable to watch.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:21 am
@chai2,
You'll enjoy season 2, more of the same.

Episode 1; Letter from the Queen, is very funny. Loved the old Lady.

I'll say no more.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:42 am
@chai2,

Quote:
I just get so busy with stuff that I look up and it's 6:30, and I then I have to do other stuff.
It's earliest 9:30p, sometimes as late as 11p that I can sit down and watch something.

So I am not the only one. I do so much "research" on things to watch that I too have little time to actually SEE A show. I think that most of my computer time is on IMDB.
chai2

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:53 am
@Phoenix32890,
Yeah. I'll put stuff in my list and wonder when I'll get to watch them.

I have given myself permission to stop watching something that doesn't engage me, and delete it.

A good examaple was Tiger King.
I really did give it the old college try. Watched 2 whole episodes and into the 3rd, and thought "WTF is this crap?"

Buncha children fighting on the playground.

Nope.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 11:16 am
We were looking at the myriad selection on NetFlix and came across Love, Death & Robots, a series of stand-alone animated short stories that's reminiscent of Black Mirror, and also immediately brought to mind the 1980's sci-fi/fantasy mag Heavy Metal. It turns out that the producers had wanted to do a reboot of the movie Heavy Metal, which consisted of short stories tied together by a central ominous theme, and came up with this. The CGI used in some of these stories is incredible.
chai2

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 12:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
Love, Death & Robots!

Some episodes not so much of course, as they are stand alone.

My personal favorite was the episode called "Helping Hand"
Check at least that episode out.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 01:43 am
@chai2,
Yeah, that was a good one.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 02:37 am
Over here we have Bad Robots.

0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:42 am
My husband insisted that we watch "The Andromeda Strain". This 1971 flick is about something that is killing an entire town, and how scientists attempt to contain it. Does that sound familiar?

I am not a particular fan of sci-fi, and am sick to death about hearing about anything that has to do with a virus.

I can't say that I actually watched this film, as I slept through most of it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 08:50 am
Nancy and I actually watched Cowboys and Aliens yesterday.

Meh. It was better than watching the news.
snood

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
That’s some seriously faint praise 😃
chai2

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:06 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yeah, that was a good one.

I loved that it was a stand alone character, a female, who showed enormous strength.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:11 am
@Phoenix32890,
Re Andromeda Strain, I remember reading the book long before the movie. Had to be a kid.

I remember getting confused at the fact that the lead scientist, a middle age woman, would get dazed when staring at a blinking red light.

I didn't know about petite mal seizures.
However, Laughing I had heard something about "red light districts" and had some sort of flawed concept of what a prostitute was.

So, when the woman got zoned out by the red blinking light, I thought she was lost in the thoughts of how ashamed she was about being a former prostitute. Shocked

Then, I wondered in awe how this woman managed to get out of that and become a scientist.

I really think that should have been part of the stroy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:17 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

That’s some seriously faint praise 😃

Cowboys and Aliens deserved as faint praise as I gave it.

I'm not sure who looked more surly throughout...Harrison Ford or Daniel Craig. Their acting amount to looking as though they had a juicy lemon in their mouth and a prickly pear up their ass.

BUT...Olivia Wilde was nice to look at.

I hope the people who wrote that script went back to their day jobs.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Meh. It was better than watching the news.

I have "cut the cord", so I read the news on my computer. As the days trudge on, I find that I don't want to get very involved with the virus stuff. I read the headlines, and maybe a paragraph of a story, and then go on to something innocuous.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:13 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I share your opinion Phoenix. For a while I made the mistake of watching/listening and reading the daily briefings. It was too much and mostly not informative. (mainly because I was over thinking it all)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:06 pm
I just finished binge watching "The Fall". It is a British drama series about a twisted serial killer.

Gillian Anderson (remember her, from the X files) plays a police officer who is sent from London to Belfast to solve a murder. She soon realizes that the person responsible for this murder is a serial killer.

The story is very dark, but captivating as well. Anderson, as well as all the other actors, do a masterful job.

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:34 pm
Just watched the season finale of "The Blacklist". Apparently, the episode was half finished when the virus struck, and so the cast couldn't finish in the usual way.

What they did was fill in the undone parts with drawings, with their regular voices.. Apparently the actors were in many places. It was quite a job, and absolutely fascinating.