The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

snood

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 03:26 am
@glitterbag,
I think they later got the idea for Gomer Pyle USMC from Griffith's goofy soldier.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 03:27 am
@glitterbag,
GOOOLLLEEE!! WE GOT THE BEST DANG SERGEANTS IN THE WHOOLE DANG AIRFORCE.

We watched a last years movie called GOLD. Its a caper movie involving a geologist and mine developer. They have Mathew McConahey all fatty and balded up and he really looks sinister. The movie goes all over the place and is actually a damned good ride in the world of exploration geology (and felony of course, there arent any interesting movies on geology that I know of)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 05:37 pm
I hardly ever go to the movies anymore but we're planning to see Wonder Woman in the theater (and I encourage everyone else to) because this is the first modern superhero film with a female lead. If it flops (or doesn't exceed expectations really) it's very unlikely studios are going to make any more.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 06:45 am
They're not movies, but if you love animals, you will be thrilled about the work of David Attenborough. I watch him on Netflix, and he is an absolute joy. If you want to see his stuff, go to imdb.com, and type in his name. You'll get a list of all the things that he has made.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 06:47 am
@Phoenix32890,
I find it wonderful (trivial wise) that he's the brother of the Oscar winning actor, Richard Attenborough.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 08:10 am
@tsarstepan,
What a wonderful family.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 04:56 pm
Season 2, Episode 5 of The Leftovers: The best hour of TV I've ever seen in my life. It takes awhile for the show to grow on you but once you're half way into season 2, you're hooked and there's no turning back.
0 Replies

Beelost

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 06:02 am
Last movie that impressed me was Bicentennial Man
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2017 08:07 pm
I just saw The Accountant. Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick and Jon Bernthal. An excellent and unusual action movie. A very interesting main character.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 08:45 am
Wonder Woman Review:

Female Captain America (but with a worse origin story) crossed with Thor (but with worse "fish out of water" jokes when she reaches our world). So many cringe-worthy forced jokes you'd think George Lucas wrote them. And it takes place during WW1 and at least a hundred times they bludgeon the viewer over the head with heavy-handed "war is really bad" messages.

Disappointing, like other DC movies, but probably still the best DCEU movie by default. 6/10 would watch again but I would talk over it making fun of a lot of scenes. Cool
snood

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:09 am
@jcboy,
You sound like a fun movie conpanion😊
jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:10 am
@snood,
You have to make it fun when you have three kids with you Razz
snood

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 09:12 am
@jcboy,
BTW, I agree with your general assessment of D.C. movies. I want to see the new WW, but I can wait for the DVD or cable.
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 11:49 am
Remember. Martin Landau, Christopher Plummer.
0 Replies

arunkumarr

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 04:54 am
@barrythemod,
I couldn't remember properly, but i think it was Da Vinci Code.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:51 am
I just finish watching the movie (John Wick: Chapter 2) on pay per view tv. I saw the first (John Wick) movie a year or two ago. I like both the first one and the sequel. Although Keanu Reeves is more known for The Matrix movies and the movie Speed, I think the John Wick movies are his best performances.
snood

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 02:22 am
@Real Music,
I saw both John Wick movies, too. Man! Do you believe the sheer body count in JW2? So many bodies!
snood

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:38 am
I just watched Philadelphia again, for probably the tenth or twelfth time in my life. It is still a powerful movie with powerful performances. Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Antonio Banderas, Joanne Woodward and several others are just excellent.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:16 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I saw both John Wick movies, too. Man! Do you believe the sheer body count in JW2? So many bodies!
Both of JW and JW2 had super high body counts. Do you remember the high volume of cars that were wrecked in the original (Blues Brothers) movie starring John Belushi and Dan Aykroid?

One of my favorite scene in JW2 was the fight scene between John Wick and the body guard of the lady that Wick had killed. They were fighting and trying to kill each other. They ended up crashing into the Continental. The manager had to inform them that they were in the Continental. They ended up sitting at the bar having a drink together telling each other that when they kill the other that they would make it quick as courtesy.
snood

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 03:04 pm
@Real Music,
Yes that fight (the bodyguard was played by the rapper named Common) was classic! And I like the way Wick returned the "courtesy".
0 Replies